Mix -- Appetizer Menu still available?

SilvertoGold

Haven't been on a ship with Mix for awhile, but was wondering if HAL still offers the small appetizer menu there or has this been victim of all the cut-backs? It included things like Sliders and Potato Skins.

We tried it once, or tried to try it once. The bar guy told us there was a limit of one item per couple and it would take 20 minutes at least. He was basically encouraging us not to bother ordering from that menu.

We decided just to go to the Lido, as it was 1:30 pm, and a grab a bite.

So, we thought, maybe this next cruise we would try again.

I was on the Veendam at the beginning of July and the bartenders were always offering them when people were ordering their drinks before dinnertime. They were always offering them to me even if I said no every time. You must have encountered some bartender that did not want to bother but this was not the case on the Veendam this summer.

I was on the Veendam at the beginning of July and the bartenders were always offering them when people were ordering their drinks before dinnertime. They were always offering them to me even if I said no every time. You must have encountered some bartender that did not want to bother but this was not the case on the Veendam this summer.

You are thinking of the regular appetizers that are served on all ships right before dinner.

OP is asking about a different kind of appetizer that is served in the MIX on certain ships from 11 AM - 2 PM.

Thanks, KK, for posting the menu. Much appreciated.

Thanks to all who weighed in on this topic. I am pleasently surprised that HAL is still offering this and will be trying it again.

And, yes, RuthC, you should be able to, but I guess we know the answer to that question, don't we?

Once again, I'm out of it. What is MIX, and what ships is it on?

The Mix is the converted area that used to include the Piano Bar and Sports Bar on the S-class ships, and the Rotterdam. The entire area was opened up, the bar moved, number of TVs reduced. There are high-tech game tables, a spot for a guitar player and another spot for a piano player. There's a champagne bar off to one side, but there's never any activity there.

Archived