Cave tubing timing questions...

1stTimeCruiser2008

Right now I'm looking at VIV and cave-tubing dot com.

My question is...

1) If you're on the first tender off the boat do you have to wait for all of the other tenders before they leave for the excursion? We have priority tendering but I don't want to sit on the bus for an hour waiting for everyone else.

2) If we only do cave tubing do we have to wait for the combo tours to get finished before heading back to the boat or do they split it up?

How do the two tour companies compare?

Thanks,

Robin

We were on the Carnival Dream and got to the lounge early to get a sticker for tender #1. We actually left before any of the excursion tenders. As we pulled away from the cruise ship, the tender for excursions was loading from another door on the ship. The Dream is big enough for 2 tenders to load at once, not sure who you are sailing with, but this might not be the case for other ships.

We went with Nacho so I'm not sure how VIV does it. We were in our own van and only did the cave tubing and left 30 min or so after we met up with Nacho.

We were on the Carnival Dream and got to the lounge early to get a sticker for tender #1. We actually left before any of the excursion tenders. As we pulled away from the cruise ship, the tender for excursions was loading from another door on the ship. The Dream is big enough for 2 tenders to load at once, not sure who you are sailing with, but this might not be the case for other ships.

We went with Nacho so I'm not sure how VIV does it. We were in our own van and only did the cave tubing and left 30 min or so after we met up with Nacho.

Thanks...we're on the NCL Dawn...I'm not sure how the tenders work.

We have priority since we're in a suite

I don't know, but I"m interested in the answers also. We're currently booked w cave-tubing.com but considering switching to viv. But, Our confirmation says they will take groups at 9:15 and 10 (but says everyone will get back between 2:30-3, so guessing that 9:15 group will include combo tours and we may have to wait around. So, we want to aim to get off at 10, but not sure what time to go down to the tender boats for it.

We did cave-tubing dot com last Thursday (8/2) on the Conquest. There were 2 tenders leaving the ship at all times. We had been told that they would start giving tender tickets at 7:50 in the aft lounge (the Carnival excursions left from the forward lounge). We had a communication error in our party of 6 and some of us were at the wrong end of the ship so it was 8:30 before we got back together to get on a tender. We then got to shore about 8:50 and there were plenty of signs, we got on a bus and we left for the caves by 9:00. We had friends that got on an earlier tender and their bus with cave-tubing dot com left at 8:45. We had some people on our bus that were doing ATV ride and we let them off the bus at the ATVs and we did not wait on them.

Get to the designated place 1 hour before they give out the tender stickers. They will only give stickers to those who are there so everyone has to be there

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Archived