cabins on coral princess

Princesshhi

I just called princess and they told me that the balcony on all of the JS suite are all uncovered. I thought I read that someone had a covered JS balcony. I really hate a balcony that is not covered. Can anyone help with this information. I also call princess and asked if the Coral went through the locks on the 10 day cruise and they said no. I found out that was wrong information. It does go through the Gatun locks. They really don't have the correct information all the time.

Can't help on the JS question, but have learned from past experience to believe little of what the phone answerers at Princess tell you. Most of them haven't seen the ocean, let alone a ship.

I have had lots of luck with this board, and some limited luck with the Captain's Circle at Princess.

There isn't a JS category, that's RCI. Princess has the mini-suite category which has no benefits along with it (same as RCI). The cabins are very comfortable but they are very narrow and don't have the huge walk-in closet compared to RCI's JS's.

The Dolphin Deck minis are uncovered except on the bump-out sections. The bump-outs are covered but have a small balcony. The other minis on that same deck are wonderful.

We love the uncovered balconies! You can lay out out there and get a tan during the day, and at night, you have a straight view of the stars, but to each his own.

Sailed on Coral Princess in Dec. 2004 on 10 day Panama Canal and we went through the locks in the am and the ship come back through the same locks in the pm. We (3)were upgraded to cabin A607 which was covered. It was the perfect cruise!:p

Carnival Inspiration Southern Caribbean Jan 1997

Dawn Princess Southern Caribbean April 2004

Coral Princess Panama Canal Dec 2004

Majesty of the Seas Bahamas June 2005

Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean Feb 2006

A607 is a balcony stateroom. We spent a great deal of time on our balcony. No one above us because we were on the top deck for passenger cabins. Didn't really see that many people below us using their balconies, maybe because they were so exposed all the time. For sunning, we walked to the back of the ship where there is a pool and lounge chairs.

Actually, the minisuites on the aft section of the Dolphin deck do have balconies that are both larger and fully covered. The bumpouts on the aft portion of the caribe deck project over the balconies on the Dolphin deck below. The Dolphin deck does not have bumpouts -- the whole deck is the wider width. The aft-most cabin on Dolphin does have an open balcony (see picture below, of D725 on the Island, which is the same as the Coral). We chose the aftmost dolphin deck minisuite and the one next to us for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise on the Coral (D724 and D726)

94788708kEBySK_ph.jpg

Does anybody know why the AA minisuites on the Coral and Island Princess are in the forward section? Thanks!

I do not know why they are all forward, but I can tell you we had one in November on the Coral [baja 210]. Above those cabins are the senior officers' quarters and the bridge. No balcony above--we had a partially covered balcony. We never heard a sound from above. It was a great cabin.

We were in minisuite cabin A503 on the Coral. The balcony was 3/4 covered, but there was no open deck above us....just all window recessed from our balcony so we had complete privacy from above. This cabin is on the end of a bumpout section with plexiglass railing around one end. Those on other balconies could look up and see us but it was not at all bothersome. We loved this mini and loved the Coral.

Sailed Coral last year thinking uncovered balconies an issue: as some have posted not all balconies are completely open from above.

Aloha balconies completely private: no one on public deck above able to see balconies. We were Baha 535 - not in bumpout - A;oha could only see tiny portion of our balcony (small balcony compared those on Carib deck).

IMO Carib has BEST balconies: larger than A or B with enough room for exposed and private portion.

All bump out cabins covered from above: cabins on end of each bump out exposed from side.

No opinion re: Royal Caribbean's JS or Princess' minisuites. Princess minisuites: no extra amenities. Royal Caribbean balcony cabins plenty comfortable: great storage and sofas.

Storage on Coral very, very nice.

Nordic Empress 94 (now Empress of the Seas)

Sun Princess 97 (honeymoon cruise, so Sun close to my heart)

Sun Princess 03

Coral Princess 04 (almost as close to my heart as Sun; BEAUTIFUL ship)

Voyager of the Seas 05 (best cabin & balcony of any sailed)

Sea Princess Nov 05 (God willing)

Enchantment of the Seas Dec 05 (God willing)

Just got off the Coral on Thursday - Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco - FAAABulous!

Had Dolphin D711 - was terrific. Balcony good size and completly covered. could still "tan" in the afternoon (southbound) and the covered balcony was a great assest for the canal transit -- it rained the whole time, but we sat outside anyway.

KAJOKG

We will be in D503 in March, Can you tell me anything about this mini suite

Bonnie

I think this Dolphin minisuite has a larger balcony that is fully covered by the central bumpout of the Caribe deck above, but I am not certain of this. We have stayed in a minisuite on the corner of the central bumpout of the Aloha deck (A416), which is similar to A503. These Aloha minisuites do have smaller balconies that are only partially covered, but also have amazing views from the corner of the bumpout. Here is the balcony on A416:

a416.JPG.b716b834b7f704a7f5a75e68d071a148.JPG

KAJOKG

We will be in D503 in March, Can you tell me anything about this mini suite

Bonnie

It is at the end of a bumpout section (looking aft), and I believe these Dolphin deck cabins are covered. As for the location.....it's just about mid ship and a convenient location. Loved the ship and itinerary! We also enjoy Princess minisuites....nice and roomy AND A FULL BATH!!

It is at the end of a bumpout section (looking aft), and I believe these Dolphin deck cabins are covered. As for the location.....it's just about mid ship and a convenient location. Loved the ship and itinerary! We also enjoy Princess minisuites....nice and roomy AND A FULL BATH!!
No bumpouts on the Dolphin deck -- but the entire deck is the full width of the bumpout sections on higher decks, so although you won't get the corner view, it won't be recessed, like non-bumpout balconies on higher decks.

Minisuite on Dolphin Deck

Just got off the Coral on Thursday - Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco - FAAABulous!

Had Dolphin D711 - was terrific. Balcony good size and completly covered. could still "tan" in the afternoon (southbound) and the covered balcony was a great assest for the canal transit -- it rained the whole time, but we sat outside anyway.

We will be in D714, opposite side. Thanks for letting me know about your balcony. Now I feel great about ours! Do you have any photos to share of the balcony or your stateroom?

A 217-Aloha: We are going to Alaska 9/05...anyone have info re: this cabin. Route is Nbound. Will be picking up a motor home for next 10 days...anyone ever done this? Any info is sincerely appreciated:) (am new to website..1st time posting)

No bumpouts on the Dolphin deck -- but the entire deck is the full width of the bumpout sections on higher decks, so although you won't get the corner view, it won't be recessed, like non-bumpout balconies on higher decks.

I knew that. What I really meant was that the Dolphin balconies under upper deck bumpouts were covered. I did not make myself clear at all, and when I referred to the end balconies I meant those in the bumpouts on the Aloha, Baja and Caribe decks.

Archived