cabins on coral princess

Princesshhi

I knew that. What I really meant was that the Dolphin balconies under upper deck bumpouts were covered. I did not make myself clear at all, and when I referred to the end balconies I meant those in the bumpouts on the Aloha, Baja and Caribe decks.
I know what you mean; the Coral is such a complicated ship between bumpouts, indentations, balconies of various widths -- it's enough to make a person's head spin:)

We are in cabin C205 on the Caribe deck on the Island Princess. Does anyone know about the size of the balcony or if it covered, private or not?

Thanks,

David

We just got off the Coral (SF to Vancouver) and were in C227; our son was in C215, so they are probably very similar to your C205--the balconies were not huge, but adequate. For some reason, his had four chairs and ours only 2. The minisuites are nice, but I liked our balcony cabins on previous cruises just as much.

Dotti:)

I know what you mean; the Coral is such a complicated ship between bumpouts, indentations, balconies of various widths -- it's enough to make a person's head spin:)

Yes indeed. But, what a wonderful ship. The Coral is my favorite. Just sailed on the Star and like that too.

I just got off the Coral in SF from FLL and we had C520. Great cabin and great balcony. On the first day I asked the steward for a lounge and it was there the next day. So we had two chairs, a lounge and a table. Used the lounge every day except after we left Cabo. The wind was terrible and it was pretty cool all the way to SF. Loved the half coverd/uncovered cabin and no problem with viewing towards the bumpout. We were about 8 cabins away.

Just got off the Coral on Thursday - Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco - FAAABulous!

Had Dolphin D711 - was terrific. Balcony good size and completly covered. could still "tan" in the afternoon (southbound) and the covered balcony was a great assest for the canal transit -- it rained the whole time, but we sat outside anyway.

WOW! I've booked this cabin on the Coral for an Alaskan cruise 8/13/05 (my first). I'm glad it's covered. Thanks for posting! Rebekah

• 2 weeks later...
Loved the photo of A416 Balcony. My husband and I will be in that cabin in May, 2006, FLL to S.F. Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks much.
We really enjoyed this cabin! The balcony was partially covered, and although it was a little smaller, it was easily large enough for 2 people, and the panoramic view was just amazing! We also enjoyed the cabin location -- close to the center of the ship, but just far enough from the central stairway/elevator lobby that noise was not a problem. I loved being on the Aloha deck, as the pools and horizon court are just one deck up (great for late night or early morning snacks or hot tub use!). It should be a great cabin for the canal transit, as you can easily pop up to the sun deck for observation, and then back down to the cabin to cool off (without giving up much of the view)-- we loved this cabin for alaska, and we would have booked it again for the canal, but we needed two side-by-side minisuites this time.

We are wait listed for a Mini-Suite (Aloha Deck)for this cruise on the Coral ...May3 /06. So far NO luck . *sigh* . Just when I find a cruise that is suited for us (very few kids /babies ) and also brings us back home to vancouver it is totaly sold out. :(

Keeping my fingures crossed. :cool:

Thanks a lot for the cabin info. I'm sure we'll love it as much as you did. Haven't been on a cruise this long before, so thought we might have more time to spend in the cabin, that's one reason we opted for mini instead of the balcony. That, and the TUB. On most one week cruises we spend very little time in the cabins, and that may turn out to be the case next year. Time will tell. We're so excited about it, and have so long to wait. Thank you again for the help. Where are you in Minn.? We have good friends in Minneapolis, and my husband grew up on a dairy farm in Pine River. A very small town near Brainerd. Bye for now.

Where are you in Minn.? We have good friends in Minneapolis, and my husband grew up on a dairy farm in Pine River. A very small town near Brainerd. Bye for now.
We live way up north (near the Iron Range) -- where we finally had our first real warm day today! Hope you have a great cruise -- the full transit is one we would love to do some day....

Folgy, Please join us in our Coral Princess roll call. We have a very friendly group. My dear friends Ric & Sue (that live in Kamloops also) have decided to not come on this cruise. Their going on the Radiance instead:mad: So you can represent "Kamloops" now:)

I think that you will be the 4th canadian couple on board so far. Just go to the roll call for Princess and look for "coral princess may 3, 06" We try to keep the thread near the top all the time:D

Looking forward to chatting and hearing from you.

My TA told me not to worry about a waitlist for cabins, as a lot of TA agency's have blocked rooms. As the cruise gets closer they start to release cabins. I'm sure that you'll get your mini suite.:D

Folgy, Please join us in our Coral Princess roll call. We have a very friendly group. My dear friends Ric & Sue (that live in Kamloops also) have decided to not come on this cruise. Their going on the Radiance instead:mad: So you can represent "Kamloops" now:)

I think that you will be the 4th canadian couple on board so far. Just go to the roll call for Princess and look for "coral princess may 3, 06" We try to keep the thread near the top all the time:D

Looking forward to chatting and hearing from you.

My TA told me not to worry about a waitlist for cabins, as a lot of TA agency's have blocked rooms. As the cruise gets closer they start to release cabins. I'm sure that you'll get your mini suite.:D

Karen , thankyou so much. I also looked at the radiance cruise but I really wanted to end up back in Vancouver. I was looking at this May 2006 cruise for sometime now and had figured this far out it would not be a problem getting a suite.

However I booked the Serenade GS cat. over a year in advance for our August cruise to Alaska and it was sold out weeks after as well.

I hope your T/A is right :)

Where is your Meet and Mingle (roll call)?

Just go to the Princess Roll Call and look for coral princess may 3rd 06. We try to keep the thread near the top. We have 44 members already. I started the thread in March and we're growing fast. My dear friend "Captainron" has taken over organizing it. He's even started a monthly newsletter called the "Coral Croozers" We're having a fun time getting to know everyone.

So please come and join us:)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently booked the Coral Princess for August 7, 2006. We embark in Whittier. We are on the Baja Deck, Cabin B416. Can someone tell me about the balcony (covered/uncovered). I know it is a mini suite bumpout. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Archived