Carnival, I am disappointed in you

cheers40

I'm upset with Carnival. I tried contacting my Carnival PVP today (Matt Mullan) with questions concerning an upcoming cruise and his phone extension wasn't working. It kept going back to the main menu. The person on the other end of the line who eventually answered tried his extension and told me he just wasn't available. Then I tried sending him email, and it bounced back saying my message could not be delivered, no such user, blah blah blah.

I can't believe that no one from Carnival bothered to contact me to let me know about the change in personnel. And, more importantly, I can't believe the company wouldn't have forwarded his email and phone extension to another PVP. I since went out and found another PVP (highly recommended by these boards). But I'm really mad at Carnival. And I'm bummed that Matt is gone.

That's it, I'm done complaining. I'm just disappointed and needed to vent.

Op, you are not supposed to name your PVP by name. If you can, take out his name or this post will go poof.

I am surprised that your email wasn't forwarded. After my first PVP left his position, I emailed him about booking another cruise. My email was forwarded to his replacement... who by the way is still my PVP. I have also found that a lot of PVP's do not work weekends. Some may, but in my experience, they don't. So... you might have gotten a different result had you tried to contact them during the week.

No reason to be really mad. People come and go. I work in the sales/customer service field and when we have people leave we don't call all of the customers to let them know. We wait until they call in or email and then we let them know.

This happened to me recently, too. Kind of ticked me off that this PVP was hounding me for months and when I finally decided when I wanted to cruise, I chose to go with him. He was actually really nice and helpful when I had questions I couldn't find or answer myself. I tried to email him at the beginning of the week to follow up on an upgrade email I received and got a delivery failure email. I don't really need a PVP because I'm pretty good by myself but I wish I could have just gotten a heads up. LOL

That is how they do it for better or worse.

Our pvp left andthe first we knew of it was months later we call him and were forwarded to another pvp.

One would think that the pvp that picked up his accounts would have contacted us (we cruise 2-3x per year) but that didnt happen.

you tried for only one day to reach the person and you are upset? maybe he was fired or quit just that day and it takes time to transfer you to another pvp. at least not getting his extension indicated something was wrong and that carnival was doing something. if carnival called only to tell me my pvp quit i'd tell carnival not to waste my cell phone minutes. frankly i think calling every customer who is working with a salesman that has quit or been fired is a incredible waste of resources and i'm guessing the turnover rate is pretty high in a job like this.

you tried for only one day to reach the person and you are upset? maybe he was fired or quit just that day and it takes time to transfer you to another pvp. at least not getting his extension indicated something was wrong and that carnival was doing something. if carnival called only to tell me my pvp quit i'd tell carnival not to waste my cell phone minutes. frankly i think calling every customer who is working with a salesman that has quit or been fired is a incredible waste of resources and i'm guessing the turnover rate is pretty high in a job like this.

We have no idea how long the pvp was gone. If my pvp left (and turnover for new ones seem to be very high) would like 1 minute phone call with introduction or at least an email.

Should not have to find out by calling.

Th

One would think that the pvp that picked up his accounts would have contacted us (we cruise 2-3x per year) but that didnt happen.

Each PVP has literally thousands of accounts in their database. When a PVP leaves, the accounts in his/her database are automatically split up among several PVP's. Unfortunately, some of these accounts get lost in the shuffle.

The new PVP might not even know that the new accounts have been added to their database...

I called one day to book a cruise and my call was answered by a different guy. He explained that my guy (I don't even remember his name - he was OK but was rather arrogant) had been promoted to Supervisor and that he was my new PVP. I was a little upset just because of the lost familiarity.

Well, nothing could've been better!

My current PVP is just fantastic. I adore him! He always laughs at me because I call him and tell him what cabin I want at what booking rate and what it's going to cost. He loves me because I know so much about Carnival and know exactly what itinerary, what ship, what cabin, what dinner seating that I want. He has never, ever tried to talk me into a higher-priced cabin or a different cruise.

He calls me when I get back to find out how my cruise was. He even called me after my HAL cruise to find out my thoughts about a different line and such a long cruise. If I could recommend him on here, I would to everyone. And I've told him that.

OP, maybe this just happened and they simply haven't gotten all the PVP's clients reassigned.

Might be a change you'll love.

Op, you are not supposed to name your PVP by name. If you can, take out his name or this post will go poof.

I think it is OK to say name of PVP because they work for Carnival, it is just not naming other travel agents or agencies, since other TAs that are independent would use CC to advertise and nake it sound like they were just a happy client of XYZ Travel agency,etc.

People change job positions within and outside CCL. You did only try one day, sorry for your frustration but that's life!

I am fortunate enough to have a husband and wife team. If one is not available the other is. I have a cell number for them as well if I need something "urgent" done.

Hope you get established with a new PVP and always ask the hours/days they work.

Happy Sailing!

I think it is OK to say name of PVP because they work for Carnival, it is just not naming other travel agents or agencies, since other TAs that are independent would use CC to advertise and nake it sound like they were just a happy client of XYZ Travel agency,etc.

No its not. Many threads have been removed when PVPs have been named.

I thought PVPS were only available on weekdays. Maybe that is why he wasnt available?

I finally decided to try a PVP for this cruise. I emailed the one who had contacted me in the past - turns out he was lousy! I did some googling and came up with a woman's name and emailed her.

She is fantastic! She will answer my emails 7 days a week.

Do yourself A favor and find a local travel agent.. if they leave the phone still rings in the office and someone can tell you whats going on. most times they will be smaller and more personable. You get the same deal your PVP would get you and the local TA does not change you anything for there service..

Another reason to use a TA.:)

What? TA's dont quit ther jobs? :rolleyes:

And reading these boards, it doesn't seem like some TA's are any more reliable than anybody else. If I had a nickel for every TA-related horror story I've read in these boards, I'd have my next cruise already paid in full! :D

I recently sent mine an email because I wanted to upgrade and after not getting a reply for a day and a half just called the main number because I was afraid the cabin I wanted might get booked. A day later he finally got back to me. Not sure if I will go through him in the future if we book another Carnival cruise.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

It's a bit of a tricky thing for a large employer (meaning concerned by lawsuits :p) to do this. There are too many HR implications of sending an email to potentially thousands of people noting a personnel change. Even though I'm sure it would not list the reason, if the person left on less than good terms, then they could potentially come back on the company if he didn't want someone in that massive "so-and-so is no longer with the company" email to know.

I work for one of the biggest corporations in the country and we'd never be allowed to do this and send a blast email to every client of an employee who leaves. We would have to individually contact any that had an active deal in progress, but not those who are just former or assigned clients.

I'm upset with Carnival. I tried contacting my Carnival PVP today (Matt Mullan) with questions concerning an upcoming cruise and his phone extension wasn't working. It kept going back to the main menu. The person on the other end of the line who eventually answered tried his extension and told me he just wasn't available. Then I tried sending him email, and it bounced back saying my message could not be delivered, no such user, blah blah blah.

I can't believe that no one from Carnival bothered to contact me to let me know about the change in personnel. And, more importantly, I can't believe the company wouldn't have forwarded his email and phone extension to another PVP. I since went out and found another PVP (highly recommended by these boards). But I'm really mad at Carnival. And I'm bummed that Matt is gone.

That's it, I'm done complaining. I'm just disappointed and needed to vent.

Had the exact same thing happen to me last yr as well. A courtesy email from Carnival or the new PVP taking his place would've been nice. Instead I had to discover on my own and the replacement was like human tofu compared to the one I had - double disappointment! Luckily I've now gotten a good one that is awesome! Glad you've found another. I understand the need to vent - frustrating :(

No its not. Many threads have been removed when PVPs have been named.

You are correct. Here is the rule:

"Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

Archived