Carnival, I am disappointed in you

cheers40

When my PVP left (to become Director of Sales at another cruise line)...he called me and recommended to options for his replacement.

But in the mean time, Carnival had already assigned me another PVP, so I had to "request" one of the two that my old PVP had recommended.

I wonder if this mess up has anything to do with the new system Carnival implemented....perhaps all the bugs are not out of it yet???

I have my guy's cell number, too, so that I can call him at night and on weekends.

And his home email, which I would never, ever use, but he gave it to me, just in case.

Obviously, when you are dealing with individuals, your results may vary. Some, whether working directly for a cruiseline or as a travel agent, are better than others.

Just because OP couldn't reach the old PVP and apparently hadn't been assigned a new one, yet, doesn't mean they won't end up with a good one.

Op, you are not supposed to name your PVP by name. If you can, take out his name or this post will go poof.

I think it is OK to say name of PVP because they work for Carnival, it is just not naming other travel agents or agencies, since other TAs that are independent would use CC to advertise and nake it sound like they were just a happy client of XYZ Travel agency,etc.

Bad advise I received a 1 week ban because I named and gave the extension to my NCL PCC..

I'm upset with Carnival. I tried contacting my Carnival PVP today (Matt Mullan) with questions concerning an upcoming cruise and his phone extension wasn't working. It kept going back to the main menu. The person on the other end of the line who eventually answered tried his extension and told me he just wasn't available. Then I tried sending him email, and it bounced back saying my message could not be delivered, no such user, blah blah blah.

I can't believe that no one from Carnival bothered to contact me to let me know about the change in personnel. And, more importantly, I can't believe the company wouldn't have forwarded his email and phone extension to another PVP. I since went out and found another PVP (highly recommended by these boards). But I'm really mad at Carnival. And I'm bummed that Matt is gone.

That's it, I'm done complaining. I'm just disappointed and needed to vent.

We use a TA but had to call Carnival yesterday about a VIFP issue. I was on hold for about 20 minutes; very unusual. The agent apologized and said they were very very busy due to Ernesto. She gave me a number for tech support and asked that unless I had an urgent issue could I please call at a later date. Totally understandable. So maybe your PVP had a lot of clients sailing out this weekend and needed to prioritize.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Sorry to the OP about their PVP issue. I have had the same PVP since 2000 when she booked my honeymoon cruise. She's always very helpful and even after a 6 year cruise layoff for my wife and I we stayed in touch as we were both starting families around the same time. I think 1/4 of our call is for business and the rest of the time is for catching up. She's the only one I'll book with or talk to at Carnival. Its just nice to deal with someone who knows what you are looking for on a trip.

We've had the same PVP for about at least 8 years. If I call and it get her voice mail, I'll email her and ask that she call me when she gets a chance. I get a call in a few minutes. She is also great about handling things through email.

I know eventually she will move on and not looking forward to that day.

Archived