cocoa beach hotels- dream on 9/29

sgatling7

We just returned from the Dream. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Cocoa Beach. We walked across the street and one block to the beach and the pier. Had a lot of nice music. Make reservations at the inside place if you want to eat dinner. The food was great. We were 5 minutes from the ship. The teenagers had fun at the Surf shop up the rode. (we drove there) Had a lot of neat stuff to look at with a lot of surfing videos. Hotel was nice, clean, and good breakfast.

Hey there! We too are one the 9/29 Dream cruise. Our party of 9 is staying at the Hampton Inn that offers park&cruise. Another batch of people are staying at the LaQuinta Inn that offers Park and cruise. Another group is staying in Orlando and taking a paid shuttle in that morning.

We are on the Dream in Nov. We are staying at La Quinta. The other hotels mentioned are good choices too. LaQ has a fly snooze & cruise pkg, if you are flying in. And as mentioned a park & cruise pkg too. This is the La Q on Atlantic Ave.

We've stayed at the Residence Inn Marriot both times when sailing out of PC. It was a great place, breakfast included. They have a park and sail package as well as a shuttle to the pier. Both stays where great.

We had 4-6 sailing and got the 2 bed, 2 bath suite and it easily slept 6 (pull out sofa in the living room), and their price for a suite is good if you have a bunch of people.

looking for hotel before the cruise in cocoa beach or orlando..it orlando hotels to far to go to get to cruise ship:rolleyes:

You can try Florida Departure board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

The Priceline and Hotwire thread have some good info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=412923&page=240

I got....Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Orlando Airport, FL

for SEPT 23 --

3 STAR---- $48 + FEES+$60.00 thru HOTWIRE-

Then, You can get a transport like "Cocoa Beach shuttle" from either airport or Orlando Hotel....

..... for less than $60 round trip to and from Port Canaveral for 2...

Hope this helps...:)

Mike

We've stayed at the Residence Inn Marriot both times when sailing out of PC. It was a great place, breakfast included. They have a park and sail package as well as a shuttle to the pier. Both stays where great.

We had 4-6 sailing and got the 2 bed, 2 bath suite and it easily slept 6 (pull out sofa in the living room), and their price for a suite is good if you have a bunch of people.

Ditto on the Residence Inn. The 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite is very nice. Especially when our teen daughters have brought a friends in the past. Privacy for everyone to shower and get ready, but we're all still in the same room together.

Another vote here for the Residence Inn by Marriott. We parked our car there for free during the cruise and they will deliver you and pick you up (for a fee) from the cruise terminal. The hotel is only a couple of years old and beautiful. It does include a great breakfast at no additional cost. Can't go wrong with this choice.

We stayed at LaQuinta. It was nice to have the beach and the pool the day before. Instead of going out to dinner we ordered pizza and ate it by the pool, after checking with management. They have a little bar by the pool also which was nice. Just a one block walk to the supermarket for wine and a few things we forgot. Highly recommend it.

Seems that this sailing is popular here we also booked on this sailing.

There is Marriott Residence In 1.3 mi from port, Radisson 1.6mi, Hampton Inn 4.5mi

I live two and half hours from this port so I be driving not needing the night before but these are the ones I would choose if staying overnight.

We were at the Radisson...no free breakfast...McDonalds is right across the street...we used the shuttle.

Our room was very clean and we were on second floor at the pool...would stay here again we were pleased.

Radisson does have a cruise package with free parking, free breakfast, and free shuttle. It cost about $15 more than regular cruise package. It offers a full breakfast buffet with made to order omelets.

I not understand one thing why do people want free parking say at a hotel...they still need to get to the ship and back to their car...why do people want to deal with shuttles where the hotels generally tell them which time they will drive them and pick them up, then you have to deal with all the others that are going on the shuttle (waiting for them to arrive, scrambling for seats, dealing with people that may just be annoying) why put yourselves through this? Even if you were to pay for a private cab why not take your cars to the pier, the parking in most of the ports is excellent very easy access and right there close to the terminal. On disembarkation day you get off ship leave terminal get right into your car, the other way, your searching for your shuttle, waiting for others to board shuttle, get back to hotel and then load your car and take off, I just not understand why that hassle not to mention the hotels really not responsible should anything happen to your car and I am positive they not having special security to watch over your vehicle.

I rather pay the money know my car is in a garage/ or locked up gated place (which most are), you drive there your right there at your ship, you disembark cruise and your car right there. So you pay some money isn't it worth the money to have the convenience and know your car is safe?

Well to me it's more of a convenience to drive down late afternoon the day before and relax before my cruise. I get to leave my car and give the luggage to the shuttle people. I get to sleep in later. I get a relaxing breakfast. And it only costs a few dollars more than parking at the port.

Otherwise I need to get up early, drive from an hour and half to two hours to the port and then deal with luggage, etc. Staying at the hotel is just a few dollars more which makes it a no brainer for me.

We did the park & cruise package at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront. I liked it because it was on the beach, quiet, and the shuttle & parking was included.

The hotels down towards the port were crammed with people & cars. It almost looked like a big event was going on. Down the road at the Hilton, it was peaceful.

Hey there! We too are one the 9/29 Dream cruise. Our party of 9 is staying at the Hampton Inn.

I have to concur with this selection. Been on 3 or 4 cruises out of Port Canaveral and stayed the Hampton each time. Location is great, breakfast included, and there is a direct path to the beach (plus a very nice pool).

Well worth it

For my Carnival Cruise I'm going to stay at the Hampton Inn at Rocky Point as I'm going out of Tampa.

Later in the year I plan to stay at the Hampton Inn on Cocoa Beach as I'm sailing DCL out of PC. Again, the same set up, just a few dollars more to stay an extra day right on the beach. I get to sleep in a bit and have a bit of early vacation. Works for me!

Hey there! We too are one the 9/29 Dream cruise. Our party of 9 is staying at the Hampton Inn that offers park&cruise. Another batch of people are staying at the LaQuinta Inn that offers Park and cruise. Another group is staying in Orlando and taking a paid shuttle in that morning.

I have to concur with this selection. Been on 3 or 4 cruises out of Port Canaveral and stayed the Hampton each time. Location is great, breakfast included, and there is a direct path to the beach (plus a very nice pool).

Well worth it

Love the doubletree by Hilton even get a fresh cookie! Also, suggest getting the executive floor for free happy hour and breakfast.

However, agree with lynda I pay to park at the port. Not an early morning guy and one less hassle I will pay for. In 2 minutes I. Am at my car.

Still flip flopping over 2 hour drive in am or hotel. I am one of those that actually shows up on the ship when asked to be. So it's 12 to 2.

Archived