Fascinating Phonecall From Jack Williams

theawesome1

Just got home from Orlando & there was a voicemail left yesterday from Jack Williams about the email I sent to him Friday. So this morning I call back the number & a great lady named Victoria answers it. She tells me she has my email sent to Jack with highlights, as he does & notes off them from him. We talked about an hour as he was very interested in the constructive criticism given but someone who knows how a cruiseline can fail its customers. Something Celebrity as well as RCCL as a whole doesn't want to hear about.

1) No upgrades for verandahs or better. He is meeting with marketing to change the old practice to thanks returning customers who have become family. Right now I am getting 2 points instead of just 1 for CC with a 13 night Transatlantic. So he agrees with my ideas of thanking folks who pay the big bucks not steerage (with a chuckle).

2) Cirque du Soleil, as he knows I know them and even made a comment on building a ship for them. Very interesting, as it is nothing in the near future. Celebrity is growing in customers, maybe Princess is losing theirs as with me, so they will need new ships to accomodate them but not huge ones. We talked them various shows & I commented that there is lack of room for them, but I haven't seen Connie's show room as yet to break it apart for them to build what they need. BUT THEY NEED PLENTY OF ROOM.

I commented what a great air dept they have, compared to what I came to deal with with Princess. 6 months in advance I have air & a bargain non-stop also. With Princess it was anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 days before a cruise to learn air arrangements.

The Connections party, we are going to have the largest ever on elebrity with 167 folks as of Friday. So the CD & SD will be doing it. Prizes for trivia, games, etc. A group photo on the stairway of the atrium should accomodate all of us. I do hope all shows...... we mking history!

Laundry, of all things which she agreed with all of us that they need facilities for folks on 10+ days to be able to use their clothes without losing money doing it. So they are listening & to comment cards which also brought it up. With the 50# limits with air, packing 23 outfits for 13 nights will cause problems. So maybe by Sept something will happen.

So they do listen to emails, to comment cards, even online chatter (they read Cruise Critic) and I told her to tell Jack to log on as Jack-in-the-beanstalk or something so he can answer questions without us knowing who he is. I also read messages left by a guy stating he is Celebrity on RTC, which he isn't & they will go after him from the return address in his ID.

He is off meeting a ship to see if all is quite well, which I am told Jack does with no warning.

Then I learn personal stuff from Victoria on her Italian upbringing, so we want to meet somewhere, sometime. Maybe a Celebrity party before a cruise. She was great to talk with, great to email at anytime for anything. She is giving me a BD present ($200 shipboard credit) from her & Jack after I asked when her BD was, but I forgot his. As she stated that was her way of giving me the $200 coupon value that I got in my UAL meal coming home from Hawaii that Angelo in CC refused to give me stating it was only for bookings fater 4/1.

Then he made a written statement to ask me to review my cruise for him & even send it into Conde Naste to print. I said YES & hope to get deals in the future..............

What a great group of folks!

My logo: When we disembark, I just have to book another!

How did you find Jack's email address. Is it on the Celebrity site?

Barb

Cute_dolphin.gif

God Bless the USA and those who are fighting for freedom!

Soverign of the Seas 10/00

Monarch of the Seas 10/01

Celebrity/Century 10/02

Celebrity/Century 11/03

Celebrity/Zenith 4/04

theawesome1

I am certain your email to Jack Williams was cordial and included the good along with the constructive criticism. And that is the reason Jack Williams responded. I don't think most companies will pay attention to the rantings and ravings and threats "never to sail again on ..." like many of the posters (especially on RCI board) seem to want to do.

In 1995 I wrote a 4 page letter to RCCL with a review of all the great things about the cruise and some things I thought could be improved and suggestions for addition of some things. I received a letter in response with comments about almost everthing I had commented on. Maybe after your experience, some CC members will think about the tone of what they are sending if they want to be taken seriously.

Thanks for sharing your call with us.

Duck

Jack obviously reads these boards, so he probably knows about your impending. Perhaps you should drop him a line, just in case. He would love to hear from you, I'm sure icon_biggrin.gif

I hope Mrs Duck is doing well and that Justen Philip isn't practicing his somersaults too much.

Phil icon_smile.gif

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600<BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

hey phil

thanks..all is well. mrs d informed me earlier that the little darling is very active today. we are quickly approaching the "any day" mark. i will keep you guys posted. i wonder if i could bring a laptop into the delivery room?

Duck

Don't bother. There's never an internet connection when you need one....."I can see his head, I CAN SEE HIS HEAD!!!!". Sounds like a variation of the mobile phone cry.

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600 <BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

NYDee, he has such a great warm voice. When he told me his name I almost passed out. Thhen I saved it to callback this morning. He goofed by giving me an 800# that should have been 888 & I get some CALL HAPPY line which I knew wasn't RCCL/Celebrity. Then I called & get his Asst, an Italian sweeties with a cute accent. She was awaiting my call when he gave her the info before he left for his spy venture as she calls it. Great way t know your ship is running well. I asked if he shaves his legs & goes ladylike. She just howled!!!!! Then commented that we both think alike at what he does but that is Jack & he takes care of those who are true to the company, including paying guests.

What a difference from Princess attitude since Carnival got involved. We talked about Nov 2001 when the announcement was given to Captian Circle members aboard Grand Princess that the merger with RCCL/Celebrity was in the works. Then we get home & Carnival is on the news as a hostile takeover. What a home wrecker they were. And what they did to a great line........

But now we are on to better & better & it isn't Cunard either. I am praying that a suite purchaser renigs so we get it! Since Victoria mentioned upgrading us, so stay tuned.

Don't have a copy, as I just was typing & put the address to it expecting a typical letter next month thanking me for writing as Princess did.

Just typed how excited I am getting to sail Connie Tranatlantic 9/7. How I was a bit confused that I sailed Meridian with my then boyfriend the rock star of A & M records & we sailed Meridian for a party for records sold. We wanted to get married by the Captain but the Head of A&M & his wallet still got a no, so Las Vegas we went. But after we disenbarked we never heard from the cruiseline on clubs, future sailings, etc. That was 1980's & how things changed as I was told by his Assistant.

Then I asked why high paying customers are NOT upgraded to a better accomodations as the "steerage" in inside get to. As I was told from his notes on my email copy blown up & highlighted, that was old school wich he plas to change in the near future.

Then I asked about laundry services & why no self service area as it is difficult to pack under 50# for 2 weeks of dress for dinner & relaxing clothes for excursions. Again I am not the only asker, so that is being talked about, as was balonies on C class ships that are being worked on at drydocks for a few months. Then I mentioned adding Bermuda for a 1 week cruise in the future since we will have a balcony on Galaxy, Horizon & Zenith.

So I also asked about the new mneu rumored to be happening during our cruise & if I will lose all the great foods talked about all year by folks I type to on CruiseCritic.com . I freaked when she tells me they read us. WOW! So I told them to create a neat name, grat friend of mine & jump right in talking. Great way to know how people were treated, if they loved it or not & why not, etc. We talk to everyone one on one, but if he signed on as Jack, we'd quite down.

I commented on the great air dept who gave me my CLE-LGW in 6 months prior to my cruise, not 2 weeks like Princess. But I did give the name of hte Captain Club gent who didn;t seem like Celebrity & I wasn;t being treated famously when I told him everytime I order a brochure, we get more Captain Club cards. I signed up for emails, as did my husband & again we get CARDS!

ok- I want to pass alonga postive comment whcih I didnt have a chance to do while I was on the ship- which I should have done.

One of the teen center counselors was just GREAT. She still emails my daughter and is in fact even sending her some Canadian tee shirts and stuff. She would meet my daughter off hours for a meal in the seaview etc. The kids actually went to the teen center, stayed there and did the activities beacuse Monique was so awsome. The fact the she is an ex- GO from club med speaks to her personality.

I would also say that they teen staff shouldnt have to wear panty hose. It is really lame.

BTW I did get a market research survey this week from Celebrity. Anyone else ?

Jacqueline

Constellation 3/20/04

HAL Westerdam 7/30/04

Tahitian Princess August 2003

Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003

Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002

Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001

Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001

Grand Princess Med 2000

My husband and I agree. We would like to see:

1) free or self serve laundry on 10+ day cruises. We are on the 14 night Med cruise this October and are overwhelmed at how much we would have to pack.

2)Captain's Club members to get an upgrade even in balcony rooms to reward returning clients. This is part of the reason we joined 2 years ago on our honeymoon cruise, for years of dedicated service to Celebrity.

Fred and Stacy

I know a lot of people don't want to wash clothes on a cruise, but on a 14 day cruise it would mean that there would be a lot less luggage coming aboard ship if we could wash clothes. I hope that he will consider putting washers and dryers on soon. Jack, if you read this and make the decision to do this I would really appreciate it.

Don

It would be great if one or more Celebrity reps actually signed on the board using their titles. Why, you might ask. I find that is the best way for the company to find out what the people really want. By having folks who are serious about their service give them immediate feedback and being able to ask questions as representatives of the line and getting real opinions back is worth more than 100 times the amount in good will, or studies.

Several years ago Micrografx, one of the best computer graphics companies, sponsored a user group in the Dallas area. We were able to find out in detail about what the programs could and could not do, we were able to ask questions and -even if the reps did not know the answers- they were able to get back to us with them, we were able to tell them what we wanted and provided them with many ideas that were implemented. We received free products for our contributions and became strong supporters of the programs and spread our thoughts about the programs to the rest of the community. It was a total win-win situation.

Most of the people here are intelligent and would have a great deal to contribute if Celebrity asked us for assistance, suggestions, and recommendations.

And if someone from Celebrity is reading this, check out my website www.celebrity-century.com. I managed to get into the first page of listings on Google and would really love to get pictures of the engine room, bridge, and laundry facilities like the Travel Channel got of the RCL ships so I can make the site even better.

Meridian??? In the '80's?????

You, of course, mean Galileo.

Galileo was sold to Chandris Oct 22, 1983.. went to refit and sailed as Fantasy Cruises Galileo (owned by Chandris). In October 89 Galileo went to the yard in Bremerhaven for an expensive refit. She was delivered to Celebrity Cruises as the Meridian on Feb 22, 1990. She made her repo to Ft. Lauderdale in March 1990.. and her first "cruise" April 1, 1990.

Ocngypz -- welcome back -- haven't seen you in awhile icon_biggrin.gif

There used to be a member of Celebrity who came on to these boards about a year and a half ago, called "Surprise". He was very informative. Ocngypz you might remember him.

All I can say is I hope they continue to make improvements - any improvement -- no matter how good the product is welcome icon_razz.gif

Hi, I met Jack in January and I'm not all that surprised that he responded to the email. I'm glad he did. He's a really nice guy!

Host Miriam

Community Supervisor

ldrscruisemir7@aol.com

<font face='Comic Sans MS' color=#0000ff><font size="4">

<marquee width=50%>Days until Mariner of the Seas Reali-tini Cruise sails from Port Canaveral Florida</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;10;16;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0400

<center>realitini1.jpg

realitini2.gif

realitini3.gif</CENTER>

CEOs responding to unsolicited e-mail (you're maiden name isn't Pritzker is it?)

OCN of Newport posting...

What's the world coming to!

OCN - let's hope the heavy metal Jersey lawyers aren't following you...

Nice to hear from you.

If Jack really reads these boards, then I have something to say to him!

Jack, how come I never got upgraded, but you upgraded Danno? Does Celebrity discriminate against Americans, tell me that's not true, I'll get off my soap box now!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

Wood:

google.com.... groups.. rec.travel.cruises

Newbie cruisers... 11/19/99 Carnival Ectasy

20th anniversary.

Ooohh.. the power of the internet!! Y'all need to get around more:-)

Archived