Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

+1

I could understand the wringing on hands and gnashing of teeth if Carnival was just giving away these perks, but they aren't.

If you "earned" them, you're getting them at no cost - you already "paid" for them.

Now Carnival is allowing others to pay for them on a per cruise basis - just like airlines, hotels and many others do.

\

When we cruise with 4 in a cabin, all 4 of us have to reach a certain level to receive certain perks. With this program, one small fee covers all in the cabin. Not fair. Again, maybe I would feel better about this program if they charged per person, not per cabin.

It's no different than paying first class in planes and trains.

Nah...I kinda disagree. When you buy first class on a plane, you're buying first class. What CCL is doing is taking (to use the plane analogy) people in coach, allowing them to pay $50 to have their seat totally expand and recline and infringing on space that the person in front of and beside them should have. Plus the stewardess is fawning over this guy He has all the space and service that the guy in first class paid triple the cost of a coach plane ticket for, for just $50.

Another anaology (if you have kids) would be that your kid goes through an entire school year working their butt off to get an A...the kid had no social life, studied their azz off, spent hours on assignments and got the A they worked for...then their friend who partied all year, turned in no homework and flunked all their tests had their father come in to the school and write a check and the kid gets an A.

That's how I see it....

One earned it, one paid for it. The kid who earned it is gonna be pissed....

I think I like this new program. I have the option to buy in or not. I may not choose it if sailing out of Cali, but if we are sailing out of any Fl port the early room access is worth the money. After a 6 hour flight and a not so restful night in a hotel, I relish the idea of an open room.

I really don't care about the loyalty program perks if I did I would be sailing on RCCL where I am emerald. We have so much fun right now on Carnival it will keep us sailing for a while. It is all about the vacation

nah...i kinda disagree. When you buy first class on a plane, you're buying first class. What ccl is doing is taking (to use the plane analogy) people in coach, allowing them to pay $50 to have their seat totally expand and recline and infringing on space that the person in front of and beside them should have. Plus the stewrdess is fawning over this guy he has all the space and service that the guy in first class paid triple the cost of a coach plane ticket for, for just $50.

Another anaology (if you have kids) would be that your kid goes through an entire school year working their butt off to get an a...the kid had no social life, studied their azz off, spent hours on assignments and got the a they worked for...then their friend who partied all year, turned in no homework and flunked all their tests had their father come in to the school and write a check and the kid gets an a.

That's how i see it....

like!!

why are posters saying they will pay it early to get on board early? As I read it only allows you priority if you arrive after general boarding....come early, you get on...so why pay $50, why pay to stay on later when you pretty much can now?

:confused::confused:

Right just complaining. Nevermind the $$$ I've spent with this company to earn the "perks" that now darn near anyone can just purchase.

I get it....you don't get it. It's cool.

No I don't get it.

I'm Platinum and see it as gaining two more perks at no cost. Beyond that is does not affect me at all.

Assuming your Platinum or Diamond why do you even care?

What I do see is another excuse for the same old people to complain about the same old things.

Or " round up the usual suspects".

EXACTLY!!!!

I can't believe there are so many people that can't see this fact. Carnival is a BUSINESS. Businesses are in business to make money. It's a fact. If they need to do things like this to keep MY fare lower, then kudos to Carnival. LOOK at the big picture folks.

Why do people persist in belief that CCL is trying to keep fares lower? Why? Yes, they are a business and yes, business does try to make money. However, as a business they try to charge as much as the market will bear, they always have, always will. You can even see a mention of it in their quarterly results.

Nah...I kinda disagree. When you buy first class on a plane, you're buying first class. What CCL is doing is taking (to use the plane analogy) people in coach, allowing them to pay $50 to have their seat totally expand and recline and infringing on space that the person in front of and beside them should have. Plus the stewardess is fawning over this guy He has all the space and service that the guy in first class paid triple the cost of a coach plane ticket for, for just $50.

Another anaology (if you have kids) would be that your kid goes through an entire school year working their butt off to get an A...the kid had no social life, studied their azz off, spent hours on assignments and got the A they worked for...then their friend who partied all year, turned in no homework and flunked all their tests had their father come in to the school and write a check and the kid gets an A.

That's how I see it....

Well stated.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

I had said, a long time ago, that Carnival would have to pay for the Concordia, and it wasn't coming out of their pocket. All the revamping, take-backs and charging extra, has occurred since the sinking. HAL is now charging $400 for the HMC cabanas, other changes on their other lines. Like I said, someone has to pay, and it's not going to be Carnival.

P.S. HAL already had early access to your cabin for over a year at no extra cost.

Why do people persist in belief that CCL is trying to keep fares lower? .

CCL being inexpensive compared to other lines is no more than an 'illusion' in some cases. People need to seriously price out cruises before assuming CCL is cheaper, because it isn't always the case.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
CCL being inexpensive compared to other lines is no more than an 'illusion' in some cases. People need to seriously price out cruises before assuming CCL is cheaper, because it isn't always the case.

Agree 100%! Booked on NCL 2 bedroom haven suite for less than the aft-wrap on the Miracle!

So tell me WHY you think you should get VIP privileges if you can never cruise 200 days.....

I couldn't afford it either in a year or two. It took me YEARS to achieve the status that I am.......and that is my point....... why should you get to throw down $25.00 pp to get all the perks that it took me years to qualify for?

Money should NOT be able to buy loyalty perks.........

The reason is because Carnival is offering it. Sorry but it is Carnivals decision.

I am booked on the Imagination for the weekend before Christmas, on a 3-night cruise. I am one of those people who take a different pair of shoes for every outfit and change for dinner every evening, but even I can take a 3-night cruise with a rolling carry-on. Why would I pay to have my luggage delivered to my room early when I can carry it on myself for free? It seems odd that the Imagination, which does 3- and 4-night cruises, is one of the two ships selected for a trial. With two people in a PT, the $49.95 is about 10% of the cost of the cruise. It might be worth it on the Breeze, the Allure of the Seas, or the Epic, but... three nights on the Imagination? I will pass.

Why do people persist in belief that CCL is trying to keep fares lower? Why? Yes, they are a business and yes, business does try to make money. However, as a business they try to charge as much as the market will bear, they always have, always will. You can even see a mention of it in their quarterly results.

You are 100% right...it is an assumption on my part. But, I will say that if I was running Carnival, I would do my damndest to keep my fares as low as possible knowing that there are customers that only cruise Carnival because they are the lowest price. Raise the price and risk them going elsewhere. It would be sheer stupidity to do otherwise.

Oh, brother. I can see it coming.....

Faster to the Fun: $49.95

Lido lounger: $20

Bathrobe: $20

Shower: $5/day

Good weather guarantee: $100

Gentle seas guarantee: $100

Etc........

That concerns me too. These "pay-for perks"--just like the now ubiquitous pay-for-dining venues--harken back to the old class-system on ocean liners in decades past. As a non-wealthy middle class cruiser, I don't look forward to the return of the class system in cruising, as the last 10 years in which I have cruised regularly, I have enjoyed all the great food/experience extended to everyone regardless of what cabin category was booked.

While I greatly appreciate that the cost of cruising has remained relatively the same over the last 5 or 6 years and while I realize the cost of doing business has increased in recent years, I wonder how much of these new pay-for amenities are a result of the increased cost of doing business versus sheer corporate desire for more and more profit.

Won't take that long. Remember when the first airline started charging for luggage, in no time most were charging, and now it's just one of those things.

Very true! Soon people will forget there was a time it did not exist :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

Nail on the head! Another "brilliant" move by Carnival!

And I chime in with the same feeling that Carnival is taking away from their "brilliant" loyalty program. Since we started cruising 12 years ago, we have stayed loyal to Carnival, but I no longer feel that this is going to be the case. Selling perks that many many people have stayed loyal to Carnival to earn those perks is a very bad move in my opinion.but of course, I'm sure my opinion doesn't matter to Carnival! :rolleyes:

Pat

Archived