Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

As someone who hasn't cruised much I actually don't like the sound of this program. This program certainly doesn't inspire me to remain loyal to Carnival, in fact, it makes it more likely I will sail other lines since my loyalty will not hold as much meaning now.

Great point!

I've had our October cruise on the Legend booked for months. I have three additional cabins booked for my office staff (I take them on a cruise each year.. last year we sailed on the Epic... GREAT cruise)!

At any rate, I had to make the final payment TODAY - with a total of about 7 grand for 4 cabins. Don't think that I had not considered "jumping ship", but they are all looking forward to it, and I am sure we'll have great time anyway (being in our favorite cabin doesn't hurt)!

We added in the Conquest a month or two ago for next February because some great cruising friends are going on it with their family. We encouraged them to sail Celebrity in the past (and they loved it), but the rest of their family will only sail Carnival... so... Also, they have GUY'S BURGERS (or will have) on the Conquest! :D

I suppose it's time to START PACKING for our cruise tomorrow and get off here for a bit! ;)

Tom

I wish I was on your office staff.... :D Don't think I will ever be able to afford the epic... you are once nice boss Tom

I wish I was on your office staff.... :D Don't think I will ever be able to afford the epic... you are once nice boss Tom

For some strange reason, I have heard that from others as well... :confused:

;)

Well, the good news is that I am 95% packed. Heading in to work until about noon, then off to the ship. Ahhhh, the pleasures of living 20 minutes from the port (you get to WORK on embarkation day)! :D

Tom

The article I read was wrong the author add his or her own perks in the mix. I did post a link to the article. I did confirm with John. John stated that the VIP boarding lines in port is something he has be requesting for awhile.

I was told in Grand Cayman by security when I asked if the perk would allow me to go to the front of the long long line , that " This is not Carnival, this is Grand Cayman". go to the back of the line. I was told by Carnival staff before I went ashore that I could reboard at the front of the line in the port because I was Platinum. I asked specifically because I had hurt my foot on the ship, and my daughter was having bad back problems. After my daughter and I stood there for a minute and talked with each other about how we would have stayed onboard had they not lied to us, because of our physical problems we were having that day, another security officer called us to come and go ahead. But, remember, no matter what Carnival says "They are not Carnival and do not have to follow those rules."

I have some bad news for you. Delta does it. Not only can you get zone 1 when boarding, you can add extra miles to your account. I did this for both legs of my trip to Miami for my cruise. It cost me 26.00 each way to get zone 1 boarding, economy comfort and 1000 extra miles each way:D.

Really, only 26 dollars? Was this for a nonstop flight? Are you using a skymiles card?

;)

Well, the good news is that I am 95% packed. Heading in to work until about noon, then off to the ship. Ahhhh, the pleasures of living 20 minutes from the port (you get to WORK on embarkation day)! :D

Tom

I would work on embarkation day, if I was that close to the port! No problem:D

Have a great time!

;)

Tom

First off, have a great cruise! Ah, the difficulties of living so close to the port - work, then play!:p

Really, only 26 dollars? Was this for a nonstop flight? Are you using a skymiles card?

I had also bought "Priority boarding" on American Airlines for my (cancelled - thanks noro) Feb. Glory cruise. I have no AA credit card - it just popped up as an option when I purchased my tickets online. When I printed out my e-ticket it said "Priority - zone 1". As I was flying/cruising with my special needs dd24, I felt getting on the plane and getting her settled first - as I was traveling without dh or other dd to help- was easier for me. And for $19 each, it was worth it. They gave no other perks except "early" boarding. I know that the "pay extra to get extra (or even the same) services" we used to get seems to be the way businesses are going to make money, or at least break even. But even the airlines, Disney, amusement parks, etc., make it a PER PERSON front of the line pass fee - not a one (low, imho) price covers all to get the extra privileges.

So, I stated early on in one of the other threads (must be closed) about this that I was going to ask my PVP.

He called me last night and we talked for about 30 minutes. I love this guy. He spends 30 minutes of his time on the phone with me and he isn't even trying to make a sale.

Anyway, I told him how people here were having their usual hissy fit meltdowns and temper tantrums over pretty much nothing.

He assured me that this is a TEST program on two ships only. He said that many of them (I didn't ask who, exactly) expect that it will NOT be rolled out fleetwide because most expect there to be a lot of backlash from the = and > Platinum folks.

He assured me that it WOULD be capacity controlled in some way and that Platinum and above should notice no impact of folks buying these "passes."

He also reiterated to me (he's mentioned this several times) that the entire loyalty program is a work-in-progress and that we should expect additional changes as Carnival has time to assess the impact of the already-implemented changes.

Change happens people. Stop expecting things to be exactly as they were in the past. Companies have to adapt; consumers do, too!

I would work on embarkation day, if I was that close to the port! No problem:D

Have a great time!

First off, have a great cruise! Ah, the difficulties of living so close to the port - work, then play!:p

Thanks. :)

Knowing that my lunch will be on Lido deck, it makes the morning a different beast! :D

Tom

I see this sort of thing at work all the time, too. I'm rapdily approaching 60, but there are people at work much younger than me who absolutely have a fit every single time there's a change in software or any process or procedure.

They stomp their feet and declare that THIS WILL NEVER WORK!!!!

Really? And just how do you know it will never work until you give it a try?

I just don't understand why people are so afraid of change - of any sort, in any aspect of their lives.

I love it! Keeps me from getting bored. Gives my brain something new to learn.

Anyway, I do really think this is much ado about nothing, as are so many of the topics here.

I mean, people were going to leave in droves because they couldn't have shrimp cocktail every night! :rolleyes:

What will the FTF passenger have to show they are allowed to stand in the Platinum line at guest services?

I'm assuming that they'll have a special card (or sticker on the card), but I have not read anything specific.

Tom

So with purchasing of perks is there any new loyalty perks being rolled out?

As noted above, per my PVP (and he always tells me things way before they go into effect), they need time to evaluate the current changes.

I mean, they JUST changed the loyalty program. It will take months for them to get enough data/feedback to be able to evaluate the impact.

But that we should expect more changes, eventually.

As noted above, per my PVP (and he always tells me things way before they go into effect), they need time to evaluate the current changes.

I mean, they JUST changed the loyalty program. It will take months for them to get enough data/feedback to be able to evaluate the impact.

But that we should expect more changes, eventually.

Thanks, I was hoping that maybe Carnival would roll to the Platinum as well the ability to go to our cabins earlier and the priority luggage delivery.

Thanks, I was hoping that maybe Carnival would roll to the Platinum as well the ability to go to our cabins earlier and the priority luggage delivery.

I think that is also part of the Plat/Diamond "perk."

Actually, while talking to my PVP, I told him that I had started going to my cabin directly upon boarding when I'm solo, just so I don't have to leave my carryons unattended while hanging out in the buffet, waiting for the cabin to be ready.

Told him when I encountered a steward in the hallway, I always explained that I was solo and needed to just drop my bags and have always been told to go right ahead. Most times, the cabin was ready anyway, even with early boarding.

Then mentioned that people here reacted with their usual HOW DARE YOU THINK YOU'RE ENTITLED TO GO TO YOUR CABIN EARLY!!!!!

He laughed and said it was perfectly OK to do that. Just be sure to stash your bags somewhere out-of-sight if the cabin door was still open!

He also reiterated to me (he's mentioned this several times) that the entire loyalty program is a work-in-progress and that we should expect additional changes as Carnival has time to assess the impact of the already-implemented changes.

Change happens people. Stop expecting things to be exactly as they were in the past. Companies have to adapt; consumers do, too!

LIKE button pushed!

Don't think I will ever be able to afford the epic...

Why wouldnt you be able to afford the Epic

Its actually cheaper than CCL, there is an online TA that has some great group pricing for balconies. It also includes OBC

So let me get this straight, for $50 a person gets to go through security with the Diamond and Platinum cruisers then watch as they board...lol. They get to wait in the tender line and watch as the D & P cruisers board tenders. They get to go straight to their cabins, but who's going to keep everyone else from doing the same. Hope they have the popcorn ready when you board, this should be interesting.

Wow, I am not sure how this will work. The price seems pretty inexpensive to me so if over half the cruisers buy it the lines may seem pretty long. I can't wait to hear what cruisers who use this option say and how it affects the loyals.

Archived