Dawn to Bermuda -- Weakest menu in main dining room

LadyBerard

I don't think that is predictable. First, don't think the menus would necessarily be constant for long periods of time. Second, weak is in the eyes of the beholder. We all have different likes and dislikes with the menu items. You won't have any trouble getting reservations once you are on board. It's never that busy.

We ate primarily in the MDR and felt the food was excellent. I would make the decision based on my schedule, a review of the posted menus, availability of reservations at a time i wanted, and what mood i was in in regards to the type of restaurant in which i wanted to eat. Food on the Dawn is quite good in all the venues.

Just got off the Dawn last Friday after a great cruise from Boston to Bermuda. The menus in the Venetian and Aqua were pretty much the same for dinner (there may have been one or two differences, but I can't remember for sure). Venetian has table service breakfast and lunch every day, but check the times because those meals have specific times. I think Aqua was only open for dinner. Either way, we always had enjoyable meals whenever we went to one of the main dining rooms. I know people on here place a high value on the cuisine, but I'm not really a "foodie", so if it's adequate, I'm happy.

That being said, my wife and I ate in two cover charge restaurants during the trip, Bamboo and Moderno, and liked them both. We chose Bamboo because that particular night we were kind of "winging it" during the day in Bermuda, and weren't really hungry for dinner until like 8:30-9:00, and wanted something different and lighter. Asian food seemed to fit the bill, and Bamboo didn't disappoint. Cover there was $15 per person, with sushi available ala carte.

The night we had dinner at Moderno, we ate light all day in anticipation of the dinner there, and it was fabulous! Our cabin was located in proximity to Moderno, and after a few days of walking through there all the time, the presentation lured us in, then hooked us when we sat down. The cover here is $20 per person, and if you book a reservation in any of the premium restaurants between 5:30-6:00, you'll get a complimentary bottle of house red or white wine. But double check that, because I'm not sure if that was only valid for the second half of the week or not. The menu here will show 10 different meat selections, but you actually get them all, because each selection is carved table side by servers carrying the meats on long skewers. You'll also be served some side dishes at the table, as well the extensive salad bar. Best meal of the trip!

Which evening has the poorest menu in the main dining room? Trying to decide when to book dinner at LeBistro. Haven't sailed on NCL since Jan. 2011. Thanks.

From what I've read here and saw on the Star in April (friends had all MDR menus in their DOS), NCL apparently has 14 different menus fleetwide from which Day 1 is always the first night of the cruise (lobster night)* and others can be in any order decided on the specific ship.

So basicly depending on the ship and even the cruise, there is a marginal chance that nobody here can tell you exactly which menus will be used on your cruise and on which nights.

* As I love conspiracy theories, I think that it's because on the first night there usually is the sail away party and BBQ on the pool deck so people are distracted from eating in MDR and when they later ask for lobster night, it already happened. ;)

I've been trying get copies of the 7 day dining room menus for our Dawn Bermuda cruise and haven't been able to find them. I've found older ones from years ago, but nothing from 2012. Anyone have a link to where I can view them?

I would book Le Bistro when it is convenient for you not based on what may or may not be served in the MDR. I am guessing you want to dress up for dinner so decide if you want to do it on a sea day or in port and what time you want to go.

Archived