What would you like to see added or taken away from a cruise?

1stimekruiser

My husband and I cruise for the elegance, service, and relaxation. There's nothing like going on a vacation where you're pampered and don't have to think about anything but enjoying yourself.

I haven't taken a Celebrity cruise yet, but in my experience with other cruises some things were missing that I felt were important. I would like to hear everyone elses comments and/or suggestions.

Some of mine are as follows:

1. Hot tubs to be kept open a lot later or 24 hours. Sometimes after a long day of being in port or activities I just want to soak in the hot tub. Even at 2AM.

2. Appetizers available at the bar. I like to nibble when I drink, but get tired of the goldfish crackers. (Not sure if Celebrity already does this).

That's all I have for now, but I'll post more when I think of it. What about everyone else?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;02;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Celebrity Century!!!

Carnival Legend 10/2003

Carnival Sensation 11/2002

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> 1. Hot tubs to be kept open a lot later or 24 hours. Sometimes after a long day of being in port or activities I just want to soak in the hot tub. Even at 2AM. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Princess's pools and hot tubs are 24/7.

Unless some kid in a leaky swim diaper has been there, of course!

1)I would like a balcony room designed so when the sofabed is open you can get out the balcony door without having to climb over the sleeping person

2)popcorn at the movies and more frequent and varied movie showings

3)Free soda and cappuchino at meals

4)A more extensive room service menu

5) lectures on the various ports regarding the culture and sightseeing and not just the usual shopping talks

6)a bowling alley would be awesome

7)several nights in one port besides Bermuda

I'd like to see real pizza, not that cardboard stuff they tell you is pizza. I'd also like complimentary real ice cream, not frozen yogurt from a machine that they tell you is ice cream when it's not. It would be great if they had a Baskin-Robbins on board.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

I'd like to see the regular pools open later as well as the hot tubs. I would also like to see self service laundry service on Celebrity.

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

I agree with the self service laundry. Sometimes you just want to wash a few shirts and some undies and the laundry service on the ship, although, very effiecient, is a bit pricey.

Hi...this is more of a "politcal" thing but as a solo cruiser,( and I know I Love Celebrity) but I would love to see less % on the amount I have to pay for being "unattached".

I know they have a business to run, I am not disputing that at all. But just say (Hypothetically of course) that the cruise is NOT sold out...and they have empty cabins...cat 12 is fine!..wouldn't my 500.00 be better than nothing at all?

Just a thought.... icon_eek.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

I would like to see the "last minute" folks who buy their cruise for half what I paid, yet complain about everything, thrown overboard.

The only reason I know what they paid is they insist on telling me what they paid...right after asking me what I paid!!

I would also like to see informative speakers on any topic...never too old to learn!!

Dan

CenturyX1,GalaxyX2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Century to E.Caribbean Feb/05

**email mrtnb(at)efni(dot)com

Lois - I totally agree with you about the single cruise charge. I would go on more cruises if this was the case. Even when I travel with friends often I would love to have my own cabin. I wouldn't mind paying more, but the double charge is too much. Yes I'm taking up the space, but I don't eat for two. Although I probably could drink for two if I put my mind to it! icon_wink.gif

Terri

Skyward - 1989

Carnivale - 1991

Holiday - 1994

Fantasy - 1998

Century - 2002

Century - 2003

Jubilee - 7/04

Century - 9/04

Coral Princess - 3/05

Valor - 10/05

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

What I most with all my heart would like to see taken away is that tacky, tacky part where they take our luggage away and then make you get off the ship the next morning! I'm never ready and could stay on forever if they would let me and I don't ever understand why I can't!

I mean after all, I have been paying double, being a solo cruiser and all! So if anyone stays on it should be me and Lois and Teedee!

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I can see why cappuccino will never be free...it's too labour intensive for the cruise line to be able to offer at no charge.

I would like to see question and answer sessions with some of the senior staff...so many of us here just want to know how things work on a cruise ship. The answers could only make us more avid cruise patrons. BOY would I ever like to spend an hour with someone from engineering!!

Dan

CenturyX1,GalaxyX2,HorizonX5,VolendamX1,

Zenith to Bermuda Oct/04

Century to E.Caribbean Feb/05

**email mrtnb(at)efni(dot)com

I agree about:

self service laundry

lecturers about ports (not shopping)

I would also like:

fewer announcements over the PA system

lounge chairs on the balconies

1) I would like to see more cruises where you spend the night at the port. Often you only get a little glimpse, and often the excitement at some places starts at night. It would be fun to have dinner on the ship and then go explore the port at night.

2) I would also love pool/jacuzzi hours that are open late

3) I wish cruises were more fun on the last night. It seems like everything is just dead. It doenst take that long to pack, and it just seems like you are "unwanted".

4) Would love more cultural presentations, and less shopping speeches. I mean how many place in the Carib. are THE place to "buy your watch!"

5) I wish when you sailed off, it was more like what we saw on the Love Boat. Bring back the streamers!! hehe.

Century 5/24/03

Majesty of the Seas 6/3/02

Chandris Victoria Summer 1984

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;5;22;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till I cruise for my honeymoon!!

I would like to win a free cruise instead of a key chain for a prize. I also agree that there needs to be more of an emphasis on the culture of the port instead of shopping and a more indepth information on excursions. also: I would like the cruiselines to listen to the folks on these boards that when the majority say something they listen, like the itinerary of Century in the eastern carribean, all they need to do is change the dates of the posts then they can probably have more time there. deb

It's hard to believe the bars don't offer appetizers. It only leads to more drinks. Same with popcorn for movies. Would also add to drink sales.

Yes, to a laundry room.

Yes, to more informative speakers. But not the ones that are self-important. They are borish.

I'd like to see the precruise and post-cruise handled as well as the cruise. Pre-cruise: the folks in customer relations need to be quicker to answer emails, better informed, and more helpful. Post-cruise: there must be a better way of finding and claiming your baggage; and mass boarding of busses.

I'd like to see a global positioning map on the in-room TV which shows us exactly where we are, our course, where we have been, and our route to where we are going. It would be nice to know what islands we are passing off in the distance. Get a good geography lesson along the way.

On our last cruise, computers were way underutilized. I never saw more than 2 people at a time using them. 90% of the time, no one was using them. I would hope that Celebrity will rethink the pricing to find a lower price point at which the computers will be 75%-to-85% utilized. Passengers will be happier, and Celebrity will end up with more net income, rather than having a wasting asset onboard.

Would love to see all interior areas designated "non-smoking", or for the cruise lines to invest in some incredibly good interior exhaust fans. All it takes is for 1 or 2 people to light up in approved areas for the whole room to become uncomfortably smokey very quickly.

Bowling on a ship is an interesting concept. I can't bowl well on stable ground at least on the ship I could say the alley moved that's why my ball is in the gutter. Seriously I would like to see the pools stay open later.

Peg

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=10>

<param name="day" value=08>

<param name="hour" value=18>

</applet>

2004 Celebrity Galaxy 10/8/04

2003 Carnival Legend 10/4/03

2002 Celebrity Galaxy 9/20/02

1977 Southward/skyward

1976 Song of Norway

1975 Leonardo Davinci

1974 frederico C

1973 Doric

1972 Homeric

1971 Homeric

1970 queen anna maria

I want a staircase like Rose came down from, with Jack waiting for me at the bottom. But I don't want the ship to sink at the end.

Back to reality, I want checkin to go smoother, with no waiting. I'm always so excited when I get to port I could pee my pants, yet I have to wait in line to get on board.

Kathy

Archived