Hotel Galvez to Port

OnlineMom

Hello! My family is going on a Spring Break cruise out of Galveston next year. We're flying into IAH a day early, taking a limo from there to the Hotel Galvez (my son LOVES haunted hotels!) and will be boarding our ship the following day. How far is Hotel Galvez from the port of Galveston? Do they have a shuttle to the port for embarkation day? And, if not, are taxis easy to come by from the hotel?

Thanks!

The hotel is on the other side of the island from the pier, about a mile or so. The hotel offers a shuttle. Just sign up at the valet stand when you arrive. They will tell you what time to be down with your luggage on Sunday morning, usually starting at 11, but if that one is full, they will run another one. Hotel Galvez is wonderful. We are staying there two nights precruise in September.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

... Hotel Galvez (my son LOVES haunted hotels!)...

Not only the hotel, there are other places too! 05.gif

Here is an article for him published September 26, 2010 titled Is Galveston Island haunted?

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=84a9b2fa52393f76

It mentions the Ghost Bride at the Galvez as well as others.

Kat 50.gif

Not only the hotel' date=' there are other places too! [img']http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/05.gif[/img]

Here is an article for him published September 26, 2010 titled Is Galveston Island haunted?

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=84a9b2fa52393f76

Cool! I'll share it with him! Thanks!

We just returned from our cruise at Galveston.

Stayed at the Galvez ( fantastic ) and took their shuttle to and from the port. Takes about 15 minutes and runs about every hour but make sure you book at valet. :)

Be sure to take him to see the painting of Galvez on the 1st floor by the Spa Entrance. No matter where you stand, it appears as if his eyes are looking at you.

Spa Entrance and museum history area is downstains from lobby!

Be sure to take him to see the painting of Galvez on the 1st floor by the Spa Entrance. No matter where you stand, it appears as if his eyes are looking at you.

Spa Entrance and museum history area is downstains from lobby!

I've also heard when standing there, you have to "ask his permission" to take a picture of his painting. If you don't, your picture will not come out OK.

Just saying... 05.gif

Kat 50.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Archived