Fun Farewell Party

pcrum

With all the uproar over the Faster to the Fun (pay for perks program), I was wondering if the Fun Farewell Party still exists on the last day of the cruise. I know it was not highly advertised, but still a nice gesture, and one that was free to all passengers.

No they said they discontinued it due to lack of interest. .. yep thats what John posted.

That's funny...they might have had a bit more interest if they had advertised it a bit more. I think unless you read about it here, you'd certainly miss it with the very small one line announcement in the Fun Times.

This has been discontinued.

Catrin

Sad! We qualify for the past guest party (or whatever they are calling it under the new program), but the Fun Farewell was a nice gesture which included everyone!

At least we sent it out with a bang....

on our Hawaiian cruise in April...the Fun Farewell party lasted 3 HOURS!!!

(AND they had the old fashioned Captain's Cocktail Party with FREE drinks as well)

At least we sent it out with a bang....

on our Hawaiian cruise in April...the Fun Farewell party lasted 3 HOURS!!!

(AND they had the old fashioned Captain's Cocktail Party with FREE drinks as well)

Wow...is this common on the Hawaiian cruises?

fun farewell was set up to fail.

So true...they never promoted it and unless you knew to look for it in the hourly section of the Fun Times on the last day, you'd miss it. I think Carnival liked it that way and then could say it was discontinued due to poor attendance!:(

With all the uproar over the Faster to the Fun (pay for perks program), I was wondering if the Fun Farewell Party still exists on the last day of the cruise. I know it was not highly advertised, but still a nice gesture, and one that was free to all passengers.

So true...they never promoted it and unless you knew to look for it in the hourly section of the Fun Times on the last day, you'd miss it. I think Carnival liked it that way and then could say it was discontinued due to poor attendance!:(

:cool: So you start this thread knowing that the Farewell Party was gone?? Why???:rolleyes: Just to stir things up!!!!!:rolleyes:

That's hard to believe on my 2 cruises the venue for the Fun Farewell parties were packed. Now out of the 2000+ people on the ship if there were ~200 if not more, but I guess if you are looking at the percentage of people showing up, then yeah there was low interest that only about 10% of the passengers went to it.

That's hard to believe on my 2 cruises the venue for the Fun Farewell parties were packed. Now out of the 2000+ people on the ship if there were ~200 if not more, but I guess if you are looking at the percentage of people showing up, then yeah there was low interest that only about 10% of the passengers went to it.

Put it at most inconvenient time when people are packing to leave and never really tell people drinks are free and why would anyone wonder why attendance was so small.

Most of the ones we went to had less than 100 people.

This is the cutback that is the most galling.icon13.gif

:cool: So you start this thread knowing that the Farewell Party was gone?? Why???:rolleyes: Just to stir things up!!!!!:rolleyes:

Really:eek:....I asked the question not knowing the answer. When I found out the answer, I was replying as to reasons Carnival stated the party was not well attended. Believe me, I have enough going on in my life not to need to stir up trouble on a website for excitement. You??

Really:eek:....I asked the question not knowing the answer. When I found out the answer, I was replying as to reasons Carnival stated the party was not well attended. Believe me, I have enough going on in my life not to need to stir up trouble on a website for excitement. You??

Some people lack reading comprehension....;)

They mentioned it in the sail away fun times the first night with a Save the Date mark. Depending on your memory capacity and the length of the cruise, it was easy to forget!

And our group was there in abundance! What'd they name your drink finally?

They mentioned it in the sail away fun times the first night with a Save the Date mark. Depending on your memory capacity and the length of the cruise, it was easy to forget!

And of course they wanted you to forget. If they wanted you to come they would have reminded people several times as well as put it more prominently in fun times last day with notation free drinks.

Wow...is this common on the Hawaiian cruises?

I can not say since this is the only Hawaiian cruise we have been on.

It was the 15 day round trip out of San Diego.

The intent was to have one for an hour for the Early diners...and one for an hour for the last diners (with an hour inbetween)....but they ended up just having SEVERAL open bar (as well as the waiters with the standard drinks) for the entire 3 hours.

Archived