Pool Umbrellas on Explorer

I'm worried about the number of umbrellas available at the pool on the Explorer. I have vitiligo and have to be very careful with my sun exposure. I wear a big hat, rashguard, etc but the umbrella is really necessary, especially because we have a toddler coming with us.

I had thought about calling the special needs department to see if they could hold one, but figured it wouldn't be worth the hassle. It was a pain enough to get them to tell me if they offered soy milk. :mad:

Am I going to need to get to the pool at 7 AM to get an umbrella?

Well...I guess I should have looked into that first before I asked the question. You know what happens when you assume...

Good to know there are some shaded areas. I'll be on the lookout...or playing bingo while DH and DD are at the pool. :)

Believe it or not, some of the women in our group bring their own small fold up beach chair umbrellas that they attach to pool side lounge chairs with bungee cords and hooks. During our last sail on EOS, our group (two women) had umbrellas open. People commented all week on what a good idea. Umbrellas took up little room in suitecase. Will be on 08/30/12 EOS sailing and I suspect the ladies will once again bring their beach chair umbrellas.

Just imagine if several people brought their own unbrellas and bungee corded them to their lounge chairs. First it would look really good with the unbrellas tilting in the breeze and second it would really be hazardous with people walking about in and out of the crowded loungers. I think if you added a nice touch of blow up floats and small rafts and baby pools scattered about it would also add to the experience. Children running, waiters carrying trays of drinks and people with plates of food moving in and out. Finally add to the mix a moderate amount of alchohol a few walkers, a jazzy or two and wow...!

Just imagine if several people brought their own unbrellas and bungee corded them to their lounge chairs. First it would look really good with the unbrellas tilting in the breeze and second it would really be hazardous with people walking about in and out of the crowded loungers. I think if you added a nice touch of blow up floats and small rafts and baby pools scattered about it would also add to the experience. Children running, waiters carrying trays of drinks and people with plates of food moving in and out. Finally add to the mix a moderate amount of alchohol a few walkers, a jazzy or two and wow...!

Love your post!:)

Believe it or not, some of the women in our group bring their own small fold up beach chair umbrellas that they attach to pool side lounge chairs with bungee cords and hooks. During our last sail on EOS, our group (two women) had umbrellas open. People commented all week on what a good idea. Umbrellas took up little room in suitecase. Will be on 08/30/12 EOS sailing and I suspect the ladies will once again bring their beach chair umbrellas.

Hey PhillyTom! Come join our roll call:)

Thank you. You expressed my thoughts exactly. And who would want to sit in the extra shade of the umbrellas--plus they would block your view of the pool. Really people!!!

Thank you. You expressed my thoughts exactly. And who would want to sit in the extra shade of the umbrellas--plus they would block your view of the pool. Really people!!!

Agreed, there are plenty of seats in the shade if you want them. There always seems to be people looking for seats in the sun. Why take up a seat in the sun if you want the shade.

Archived