Breeze balcony question

deanswife1990

We are booked on the Breeze for September 2013 and have booked our first balcony on deck 7. Cabin 7397. I saw some pics from another post and I was wondering if my perception was correct that it does look down to deck 5 and not into the water?? Does this sound crazy?? We want our first balcony to be of the ocean not of people sitting below us. We may have to change to a cove.

Thanks for your help!!!

If you look straight down, you will see the deck below. But, you can still look down & see the ocean, just not directly down.

Cove balcony would solve this, but you kind of have the opposite situation. If you look up, you will see the bottom of the lifeboats. But, again, only if you look straight up. If you look "out and up", you will still see the sunsets/sunrises.

We just returned from our June 15th cruise on the Breeze and YES you will be looking down onto deck 5. We had a beautiful grand suite and to be honest, we overlooked not only deck 5 but the hot tubs as well. Terrible for the suite guests as you can hear every word being said in the hot tubs.

Not on the Breeze but on the Dream which is the same, we have done both, a balcony on deck 7 the first time and a cove the second.

The balcony on 7 does look down into the hot tubs and it can get noisy. The cove actually seemed a bit larger but it was metal and not the plexi glass were were accustomed too so you have to look over and not through. I loved being so close to the water but it seemed windier there. The deck was also always damp requiring you to wear flip flops if you didn't wnt your feet wet.

I have to say I prefered the cove, but we never had rough weather and I understand in those circumstances the balcony woud have been useless as they would close them off. Should I book the Dream or the majic, I think I would still take my chances and opt for the cove.

Here's the funny thing. They came to deliver our gift baskets from the Carnival Players Club and the gentleman delivering it said, "What are you doing way down here?" (deck 2) I guess in the eyes of the the crew, deck two is still steerage, cove balcony or not. lol. I could care less. Just give me a balcony anywhere on the ship and I'll make it work.

Not on the Breeze.....

Not sure if this is re: the original question about seeing the Promenade and hot tubs on the Promenade....

But it appears that all balconies from the 6th deck up look down on the 5th deck, which protrudes a bit.

This would be slight a concern to me if the CCL line was lighting up the water underneath the ships water line (is that NCL, RCI that does that?) and now I had to go down to the Promenade to view, but I presume that is what the designers would have in mind...visiting Promenade = spending money. But still, that would still be minimal issue for me.

Like most...if I'm not at work or at home....it takes a lot to ruin my cruise vacation.

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the promenade deck while out to sea but here is one that I took right after we went into our Panorama Deck cabin at Port Canaveral. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2807677350030186251ludAds

Yes, it does stick out but you can still see the water when you look directly down. At night, you can see the ocean from the lights on Deck 3.

From the other perspective, I found it quite disconcerting to have people on the balconies looking down on us whilst we were using the hot tubs, and also felt a bit like we were also intruding on their privacy as well. The other place which was also not 'private', was the first cabin forward by the 'secret decks'. We went up there a few times early in the morning to see the sunrise, or on the way into ports, but felt we were intruding on the privacy of the people in these cabins.

We had 2 OV cabins on Deck 1 and loved them. They are the largest cabins on board apart from the suites, and the view so close to the water was spectacular. We were private, were not bothered by anyone else's smoke, and (bonus) we were directly above the forward gangplank which was perfect for watching out for pier runners!!! Certainly not steerage:)

Cabins 1239 and 1241 if you are interested in these cabins.

We did consider a balcony and opposite inside for our teens (which would have been cheaper), but so glad we opted for the 2 OVs instead.

Thanks for the advice everyone. We decided to go ahead and change to a cove. Everyone we know that has had one loves them. I just got off the phone with my TA and we are now in 2315.

you got an excellent choice Cove Balcony are the best!!

We just returned from our June 15th cruise on the Breeze and YES you will be looking down onto deck 5. We had a beautiful grand suite and to be honest, we overlooked not only deck 5 but the hot tubs as well. Terrible for the suite guests as you can hear every word being said in the hot tubs.

Am a little nervous now. We are also in a grand suite on our upcoming Breeze cruise in 2 weeks. I had no idea that we would overlook the hot tubs - somewhat naively, I assumed that being the most pricey accommodation, we would be sure to have an unobstructed water view with no distractions.

Moxie99 - how distracting was the noise from the hot tubs? You mentioned you could hear every word being said - was that only at certain times of the day, or all day into night?

We have a packed port itinerary for our cruise but do have 3 sea days and were looking forward to relaxing on our balcony and enjoying the beautiful Med. this would suck big time if we had to listen to the conversations from everyone in the hot tubs 2 decks below!

I would avoid looking down on the promenade by moving forward or aft or higher.

why would you want the hot tubs people to be able to see into your balcony? And lose privacy. I was forward on deck 6 .. no problem.

This is what I was thinking. Having never sailed this class of ship before....

I had originally booked a cabin all the way forward on Deck 6 (when I booked the only balconies available were on Deck 6) but just switched to a balcony all the way aft of Deck 7 (I have been watching the website daily to see what opens up!)as I would rather be between two cabin decks.

Looking at the Deck Plans it seems to me that being far fwd or aft puts you above deck 5 in a "more narrow spot" which would be less crowded. Additionally, I chose to book on the Port Side because It looks like the Lanai/Seaside Grill is on the Starboard side which would be more populated...???

It is so strange to me to be booking a ship that I don't know the layout and where I will want to spend time to best choose my cabin! I am sure I will have a good time either way.

When sitting on your balcony the noise carries from the hottubs up to your balcony - it is a very big flaw in the placement of the hottubs with regards to the grand suites. There were times people woud yell and wave up to us and others - you cant sit back far enough on the balcony not to be seen and this would go until 10-11 at night.

I may have to agree with some...this could be rather disappointing to those who like to get some sort of privacy with a balcony. At least my wife can't throw me overboard anymore.....at least while on our balcony!! :D

Seriously though....I don't recall if there is any marketing material from CCL that says something like "purchase/upgrade to a balcony for privacy".

I presume though this is not as bad as buying a balcony on the Oasis and Allure sisters and having a balcony view on the INSIDE overlooking the main outdoor promenade and.....eeek.... balconies across the way!!! I wonder if those who are zip lining on the Oasis or Allure ships can get interesting views of those on balconies or those in their cabins through balcony windows.

After reading this thread now we are worried to!!! I never thought about the promenade deck sticking out and interfering with privacy and quiet time on the balcony. Not sure what we will do. We have 7399 and 7405 booked. Would I be correct in assuming that if we moved to a higher deck we would have more privacy from the promenade deck just by being higher?

We were on the Breeze in June. The balconies on deck 6 and 7 look down on deck 5 which is the Lanai. You will see the hot tubs and on sea days, you will smell Fat Jimmy's barbecue. We had a cove balcony on deck 2 and it was fantastic. It cost less than a regular balcony but we loved being nearer the water and it was very private. The seas in the Mediterranean are very calm so that wasn't a problem either. I would book one of these cabins again.

Archived