Amsterdam - canal boat tour

Hi, I will be in Amsterdam in about a week, and would like to do a canal boat tour in the early evening hours (probably right around when the sun is setting). I see that the sun should set around 9 pm when I am there, so I am thinking around 7:30 or 8:00 pm would be good for a canal boat tour.

Is there a particular tour boat company that is good, and reasonably priced that you would reccomend for a canal boat tour? I'm only interested in a tour and not dinner or desserts on the boat.

I am stayin overnight at the Hotel Pulitzer, so I would prefer not to walk back to Central Station area to get a canal boat cruise unless the preferred company only operates out of there. I understand that Leidsplein also has canal boat companies, are these companies ok?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I can't really help you with operators. I just happened to be walking around the city and decided I was tired of walking and walked by a canal cruise company and took the next sailing. It was nice, informative and not expensive and I enjoyed myself.

Since I live in Chicago I'm familiar with local river sightseeing tours and have done a number of them with different companies. They are more similar than different, so I'm thinking it would be the same with the canal companies.

As that old commercial goes: Have an Amsterdam good time! ;)

Hi, I will be in Amsterdam in about a week, and would like to do a canal boat tour in the early evening hours (probably right around when the sun is setting). I see that the sun should set around 9 pm when I am there, so I am thinking around 7:30 or 8:00 pm would be good for a canal boat tour.

Is there a particular tour boat company that is good, and reasonably priced that you would reccomend for a canal boat tour? I'm only interested in a tour and not dinner or desserts on the boat.

I am stayin overnight at the Hotel Pulitzer, so I would prefer not to walk back to Central Station area to get a canal boat cruise unless the preferred company only operates out of there. I understand that Leidsplein also has canal boat companies, are these companies ok?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We took the one near Leidsplein last May and had an excellent time. Can't remember the name of the company but you can get the tour near the pancake house.

Thank you everyone for the information.

Good to hear that most of the companies are pretty much the same and provide the same service!

I know my hotel has their own canal boat and offers tours, but their tours were around 30-35 Euros per person, and that's a little more than I wanted to spend!

• 3 months later...

Hi Jstducky,

Did you do a canal trip? We are in Amsterdam on New Year's Eve and fancy a day trip including a canal cruise but the cruise line trips are a lot for 5 of us! Thought if you'd had a good experience you could recommend and let me know how much you paid in the end?

Many thanks,

Sophie

Archived