Royal Caribbean Stops 'Bag Tag' Presses (Print Your Own!) and Other Noteworthy Cruise

LauraS

I wonder how long that policy will last after 30-40 percent of the luggage being loaded on the ship has their 'home-printed' tags ripped off and lost? There are going to be a LOT of very unhappy passengers complaining loudly to anybody with a RC name tag on their shirt about their luggage never showing up.

Princess and Holland America Line have been using this sytem for years. It seems to work very well. :confused:

Ray in NH

This might be the dumbest debate of all time.

Seriously, it's not my problem to figure out what needs to be done to get my bag from curb to stateroom, anymore than it is my problem to figure out how to get it from Boston to Ft. Lauderdale.

There are a myriad of people here pontificating on what to do in order to do the cruise lines job for them! Buy your cruise.... pack your bags... show up at the port! It's not your problem- it's theirs!

Honestly, if there is a BRIEF bump in the road with delays at the curb, or problems with bags making it to the staterooms in a timely fashion, it's not YOUR problem to solve, but RCI's.

You all are talking like it's a real possibility that a year from now, getting luggage to the staterooms is going to be a major issue! This is utterly inane....:rolleyes:

I have printed many tags myself. I just write them out and then cover the tag with clear packing tape before I cut them out. Never have had a problem. I just use the packing tape to attach them to the bags in the hotel the night before we board. Works great and always have received the bags.

You all are talking like it's a real possibility that a year from now, getting luggage to the staterooms is going to be a major issue! This is utterly inane....:rolleyes:

Um nope. :rolleyes: As per the posts above, those who have self printed and properly attached it, and/or those who don't live in the USA and/or those who have cruised with other cruise lines don't think it is a problem at all.

Edited by Pushka

We have been on other lines with the self printing tags for at least 10 cruises now and have never had an issue with a single luggage tag. We just use scotch tap to secure them and even when it was raining once they still survived.

What I really like about these tags are they are personalized with all your information, name, cabin, area of ship to move luggage too and even your loyalty status and a scan code as well. We have found now that we are getting our bags quicker because no more trying to decipher everyone's writing.

Vickie

• 2 years later...
I don't think the porters at the ports earn anything when I could easily put the bag on the cart myself. Making luggage tags will give them something tippable to do.

Maybe RC should let us put our own bags on the cart so we can save on tip money.

But why should the passanger have to do anything.

I don't think the porters at the ports earn anything when I could easily put the bag on the cart myself. Making luggage tags will give them something tippable to do.

Maybe RC should let us put our own bags on the cart so we can save on tip money.

But why should the passanger have to do anything.

If I were Marci I would reply to this in 2018.