Which Aquarium...Maui or Waikiki?

Lorabelle

We are thinking of seeing an aquarium at one of the ports we visit, and am wondering if anyone has been to both of these and which one you would recommend?

We will have 2 toddlers with us if that would make a difference in the choice. Also, any tips on transportation to and from the aquarium or any other helpful hints would be welcomed!

Without a doubt it's Maui. We have been to both and I've seen better aquariums in pet shops compared to Waikiki. Waikiki is about $5/6 and Maui is around $25 and they have a large and nice gift shop that we didn't find outrageously priced.

Here is a link to reviews on Maui aquarium

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g60639-d104388-Reviews-Maui_Ocean_Center-Wailuku_Maui_Hawaii.html

I would recommend that you tie it into a whale watch tour but I see you going in Nov.

We did the aquarium in Waikiki and really enjoyed it. It is not big, easy to see in an hour or two and it is very colorful. With two toddlers, with limited attention spans, it may just work well for you-especially since the beach is close by too.

The Waikiki Zoo is just across the street from the aquarium. Both are located at the Diamond Head end of Waikiki. Nice park and beach close by. My 5 year old granddaughter (lives on Oahu) absolutely loves both of them and goes whenever she can. Yes, they are small...but I would think perfect for your toddlers. As for transportation, Oahu has a great bus system. Check out "The Bus".

Archived