Power adapters on Marina

jane02

We are about to get ready to leave soon for our trip on the Marina.

Can someone tell me what type of power adapters are required (we are from Australia). Are they two prong flat or round? European or US?

Thanks

Kellie

As I recall, both!

In fact, when we were on Marina last October I was really hunting for outlets. (We were in a Vista, not usual for us, and I had to crawl around on the floor in the living room to find either kind of outlet for my laptop whereas in our bedroom they were very accessible.)

I'm not sure what the set-up is in PH and below, but I would assume that you have the same options. Even on the "R" ships, you have 110 and 220 outlets.

Mura

We are about to get ready to leave soon for our trip on the Marina.

Can someone tell me what type of power adapters are required (we are from Australia). Are they two prong flat or round? European or US?

Thanks

Kellie

Both are there in the cabins. 120 V US style and 220 V. Euro style. The Euro style is 2 pin round.

Just as an aside, it was suggested that we take an extension cord because of the lack of outlets.

How many thing do you need plugged in at one time??

We generally only plug in the net book or camera to recharge which can be done at separate times

YMMV

On Nautica, our extension cord was in use constantly...And it will travel with us on Riviera next month. With 2 iphones, 2 ipads and probably 2 cameras (the phone cameras are getting really good) the cord will get lots of use. And it's nice to have the flexibility to move from locations away from the vanity, which always seems to be crowded with "stuff".

Don't forget the hair dryer. I do my hair at the vanity. So it's the hair dryer, camera, iPad, iPhone.

I do not have an Ipad or I phone ... do they need to be plugged in continuously?

Our cell phone we charge once a week & never take it on vacation

Our camera we plug in while we go to dinner & it is charged by bedtime ..it lasts for several days before it need recharging

The next night I plug in the netbook

I can use the hairdryer before I plug in the other items

If you electronics need to be plugged in all the time just unpluged for the short time you need the hairdryer or theie is a plug behind the tv if you cord is long enough

I never need to bring an extension cord on any cruise :confused:

I do not have an Ipad or I phone ... do they need to be plugged in continuously?

Our cell phone we charge once a week & never take it on vacation

Our camera we plug in while we go to dinner & it is charged by bedtime ..it lasts for several days before it need recharging

The next night I plug in the netbook

I can use the hairdryer before I plug in the other items

If you electronics need to be plugged in all the time just unpluged for the short time you need the hairdryer or theie is a plug behind the tv if you cord is long enough

I never need to bring an extension cord on any cruise :confused:

Many people consider that any time that their electronics are "at home" should be spent "in the charger"; this has nothing whatever to do with the level of charge that the battery still holds.

I was tempted to call this a generational thing, EXCEPT that the wave of young people who are anxious to go "Green" are deliberately getting away from charger-mania.

Many people consider that any time that their electronics are "at home" should be spent "in the charger"; this has nothing whatever to do with the level of charge that the battery still holds.

Well that is what I was thinking ...if your electronics need to plugged in all the time then you have a problem :rolleyes:

We are very conscious of things using electricity & not just the monetary issue;)

We have TOU (time of use) billing here ..where certain times of the day you pay more for electricity

so we turn off or unplug things not in use during "peak time"

That is just me though;)

On the ship we do the same

Archived