Pan Pacific ?'s

spongebobshayne

We leave a week today for the start of what we hope will be another grand Alaska cruise via the beautiful city of Vancouver. This will be our second Alaska cruise the first one being from our home port of San Francisco. This being our first trip to Vancouver we thought that the Pan Pacific would be a great starting off point. We will only be able this trip to spent two nights prior to leaving for the cruise on August 20th. Would really appreciate any feed back from anyone who has stayed at the PP about what floor or view to ask for at the front counter when we check in. We already have a Premier Corner King reserved for our stay. We plan on seeing as much of Vancouver that is possible during our short stay. Thanks again for any feedback.

A north-west facing room will give you great views of Stanley Park, the Coal Harbour yacht basin, the sea planes and the north shore mountains. A north-east facing room will give you the north shore mountains, the SeaBus and a look at the the more industrial side of the harbour....however its advantage is that you will get to see the Coral Princess tie up in front of you on the morning of the 20th.

We have stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel multiple times also in a corner room. I would opt for the views of Stanley Park and the other areas as noted above with a north-west facing room and get on a higher floor.

I would contact reservations and ask them to add this to your reservation and also speak with someone at the front desk and do this from home before you arrive to the hotel.

Keith

We have stayed at the Pan Pacific Hotel multiple times also in a corner room. I would opt for the views of Stanley Park and the other areas as noted above with a north-west facing room and get on a higher floor.

I would contact reservations and ask them to add this to your reservation and also speak with someone at the front desk and do this from home before you arrive to the hotel.

Keith

So true. We stayed in a King northwest facing room on one of the higher floors. Amazing views and great room. You will have to arrange directly with the hotel to get an upper floor preference.

A north-west facing room will give you great views of Stanley Park, the Coal Harbour yacht basin, the sea planes and the north shore mountains. A north-east facing room will give you the north shore mountains, the SeaBus and a look at the the more industrial side of the harbour....however its advantage is that you will get to see the Coral Princess tie up in front of you on the morning of the 20th.

Thank you Putterdude and Keith for your information about the Pan Pacific. I will call tomorrow and ask for one of the rooms that you suggested, not really sure which view is better as seeing the Coral possible arrive and dock would be a real treat. But then again the north-east facing room also sounds great. Decision Decisions? Hopefully by tomorrow the DW and I will make the right choice. One more question, you both mentioned a higher floor, how high of a floor whould you ask for ? Thanks again for all your help.

Thank you Putterdude and Keith for your information about the Pan Pacific. I will call tomorrow and ask for one of the rooms that you suggested, not really sure which view is better as seeing the Coral possible arrive and dock would be a real treat. But then again the north-east facing room also sounds great. Decision Decisions? Hopefully by tomorrow the DW and I will make the right choice. One more question, you both mentioned a higher floor, how high of a floor whould you ask for ? Thanks again for all your help.

I would recommend trying to ask for a room on floor 12 or above.

In total, there are 15 floors.

When you call be sure they give you the in house reservations department and I would talk it through with them as well.

It's a really nice hotel and so very convenient to the cruise ship terminal and to other sites.

I wish you a wonderful stay and a wonderful cruise.

Keith

Just a quick note ... have a wonderful cruise.

The Pan Pacific is #1 on my list of hotels I want to stay at sometime in the future. We actually docked in Vancouver for two days when the hotel was brand new (Canadian Expo 1986). I remember walking thru the lobby of this beautiful hotel and being in awe.

I would recommend trying to ask for a room on floor 12 or above.

In total, there are 15 floors.

When you call be sure they give you the in house reservations department and I would talk it through with them as well.

It's a really nice hotel and so very convenient to the cruise ship terminal and to other sites.

I wish you a wonderful stay and a wonderful cruise.

Keith

Thanks for all the well wishes for our cruise. Just talked to Pan Pacific front desk reservation and requested a north-west high level view. We are very excited for our visit to Vancouver. We plan on walking the seawall to Stanley Park, seeing the Aquarium and riding the horse drawn carriages. Thanks again CC members for all you information.

Has anyone ever stayed in a suite at the Pan Pacific? Is the bedroom a separate room? We would be 3 adults. One would be on the sofa bed. Enough room?

We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival...LOVED IT!! Great balcony..great views of the harbour...Cruise ships docked at our front door! We looked into the bridge of the Summit...the officers on board kept coming to the window and waving :)

Bedroom is separate, bath (with shower and tub) off of bedroom. There was a powder room off the main room.

Archived