Bigger balconies

When we were on the Carnival Triumph in Janurary, I couldn't believe how small our balcony was in our deck 9 spa cabin. There were 3 of us, me, my husband and daughter. Only 2 of us could sit out there at a time, unless we were all standing up. :eek: That was our first and last Carnival cruise for a lot more reasons than I care to list here. Anyway.....We're REALLY looking forward to enjoying the BIGGER balconies on Royal Caribbean ships again!! We were on the Rhapsody in '04 and all 3 of us could sit out on the balcony-no problem. :D

I was on the Conquest last month, so now I am thinking that I will have a larger balcony.on my upcoming RCI cruise. Hope I am. I have an E1 deluxe balcony on deck 7, midship. Hope you mean those balconies. :)

Yes, I do!! We'll have an E1 on deck 6 on Mariner and a D1 on deck 9 on Navigator. Both "hump" cabins!!! :D

Yes, I do!! We'll have an E1 on deck 6 on Mariner and a D1 on deck 9 on Navigator. Both "hump" cabins!!! :D[/quote

You have hump cabins and mine is NOT a hump cabin but still an E1. I thought only hump balconies may be slightly larger. So what I mean is all E1 balcony cabins the same size or the ones on the hump larger? Confused again. :confused::confused:

Yes, I do!! We'll have an E1 on deck 6 on Mariner and a D1 on deck 9 on Navigator. Both "hump" cabins!!! :D[/quote

You have hump cabins and mine is NOT a hump cabin but still an E1. I thought only hump balconies may be slightly larger. So what I mean is all E1 balcony cabins the same size or the ones on the hump larger? Confused again. :confused::confused:

All balconies on Royal Caribbean are larger than Carnival. :D

We have a D3 balcony. I didn't know there was a difference in the balcony size (only had a window cabin on last RCI). I'll be excited if it really is bigger - the balconies we've had on CCL are not very deep. I did notice that my RCI cabin was smaller than the CCL cabins, but RCI does a great job of providing good storage space in it. I just wish their showers were bigger.

We got of the Triumph a few weeks ago, and had a balcony that was 36 st ft, the smallest we've ever been on. We are booked on the Oasis this December and got a hump cabin, looking forward to a much larger balcony! The D1 has an 80 sq ft balcony!

You will absolutely love the D1 hump balcony on Oasis. It's great to get that size balcony without having to spend the extra $$ on a suite size balcony. I didn't ask for a lounger, but one would fit if you wanted to do that. Enjoy your cruise aboard the Oasis!

Thanks, Goncruzn! I may have to look into a lounger, after the Triumph experience.

I think the D1 balcony is larger because it's on the hump, Dmdiver. All the specs I checked showed the D1 was 80, and the D3 was smaller, but still a very nice size balcony.

Thanks, Goncruzn! I may have to look into a lounger, after the Triumph experience.

I think the D1 balcony is larger because it's on the hump, Dmdiver. All the specs I checked showed the D1 was 80, and the D3 was smaller, but still a very nice size balcony.

Thanks! I'll have to remember that for next time. We sail frequently with another couple & like to open the divider between the balconies & hang out there. Last year, it was a bit awkward to have to climb over someone else's legs to go back into the cabin.

We were on the Oasis last year and had a bump balcony. It was like adding half again the available size. We compared ours to the next doors and as it comes around the size changes. We are booked on the Vision for a repositioning cruise to Europe next April and have an Aft corner balcony. Talk about big!

Archived