My Time Dining

My family just booked a 7 night southern Caribbean cruise, and the only option they gave us for dinner was My Time Dining. Our first preference was the early/main dining time. They said the early/main and the late dinner seatings were "unavailable".

Two other friends have also booked cruises recently and have also had the same problem, having the only dining time option being My Time Dining. Has anyone else had this same issue?

We are currently waitlisted... what are the chances we can get what are requesting? (This cruise is 8 months from now, so I highly doubt it's booked)

My family just booked a 7 night southern Caribbean cruise, and the only option they gave us for dinner was My Time Dining. Our first preference was the early/main dining time. They said the early/main and the late dinner seatings were "unavailable".

Two other friends have also booked cruises recently and have also had the same problem, having the only dining time option being My Time Dining. Has anyone else had this same issue?

We are currently waitlisted... what are the chances we can get what are requesting? (This cruise is 8 months from now, so I highly doubt it's booked)

Have you checked when the MTD dining times are? Usually the first "slot" that can be reserved is at the same time as the start of the early (main) seating. For example, we're on Jewel in December, and the MTD reservation times start at 5:30 and increment every 15 minutes. You should be able to book the same time each evening once MTD opens up for reservations (90-120 days out from cruise date), and you can link reservations so your friends get the same time.

Sailing out of San Juan and flying in a day early... where have you stayed?

How have you gotten from the airport to the hotel and then how did you get from the hotel to the port?

TIA!

Really depends on how "high end" you want to go for a hotel. We always stay at the Plaza de Armus which is right on the square in Old San Juan. Love it there, easy access to walk everywhere. We have never had an issue there, we just always request a downstairs room as the air works better and you don't have to deal with the slow elevators! there is also a small grocery right across the square from the hotel and a drug store on the corner if you need to pick up anything for the cruise

To get to the hotel and then the cruise, just grab a cab. Very easy.

sorry for the faux pas in posting two separate posts in one thread... I meant to start a new one and must have mistakenly hit reply to thread instead of new post.

thank you for the response to the second question too!

I think your chances of getting into Main seating are good...stay on the waitlist, and if you don't get confirmation by boarding day, go to the dining room and reiterate your desires. They want to please.

Otherwise, get everyone into MTD, and go at the main seating time...same difference.

Archived