And now: Live from the Zuiderdam!

DavidNDC

Thanks Stormy!!! I'm celebrating already :D (well, apart from cleaning, laundry, and packing - I am celebrating; dancing inside). Except for the fact that I'll probably be off the ship when it happens, I look forward to chatting with ya and letting you know how the trip went! Have a good one!

Already looking forward to your review!!! :)

Could there be two Shys?? Maybe if you described the Shy on the Maasdam that might solve the problem. And if I see Angelo I would be more than happy to ask him if he will be there in December for you. :)

Hey Alison - I owe Hunky Dorey an email. I'll ask him for you tomorrow when I email him. He is getting off the ship the first week of June but hopefully I'll hear back before he leaves for his vacation.

David, David, David.......

We asked you kindly to leave the ship in tip top shape for us and what do you do????? I am sure there was no damage, except for the Princess ship(LOL)!!!!!!

So happy to hear what a good time you are having.............is the food really that good or have you really been drinking since you found the flight attendent on the way down?????????????? HMMMMM.............thanks for the update..............hope the rest of your cruise is just as good!

paradisegal.......AKA May 21st cruiser!

Hi folks! More live reporting from the May 14 Zuiderdam. First, to any who may have panicked, the remark I made regarding the Princess ship was a joke....we really didn't run into them!

Second, the cruise is going incredibly. Service is outstanding and the people I meet are wonderful.

Third, I do regret to say that the weather is not accommodating. Worst weather I have had on a cruise. Today is Wednesday. I have not seen sunshine since Sunday. I cancelled plans to visit beaches in Tortola yesterday and St. Thomas today.

Oh and finally....one minor controversy....some problem involving a broken freezer. No ice cream (none!) for past three days. This affects some desserts.

More when I get back....and Ray is going to be writing a comprehensive review and I think posting it on Sunday.

David

May 14 Zuiderdam

First, to any who may have panicked, the remark I made regarding the Princess ship was a joke....we really didn't run into them!

hehehe we knew cause we have a friend on the Caribbean Princess and we were teasing him, he was drinking and driving like those did here to you hehehe good one!

DavidNDC: Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about the weather. I'd miss the ice cream. I love to grab a scoop in the afternoon. Hopefully, sunny skys and ice cream will appear soon. Looking forward to hearing full story upon your return. Thanks for answering the Tortola/St. Thomas days issue. Some of us with private excursions werea little concerned

i guess the one thing i can look forward to, what with my planning on scuba diving each port-of-call, is that the weather has to be really, REALLY bad before they cancel that activity. that said, it's a helluva lot more fun when the sun is shining... sorry the weather is being so uncooperative for you, david!

*crosses fingers and hopes for good weather on the 28-may sailing*

oops, called hal and they confirmed june 11 cruise is tortola tues and st. thomas wed....hope it is so as i have a sail planned privately.... kelmac you see this?

That's correct! They changed the itinerary about two months ago--I received an updated itinerary from both my TA, and directly from HAL. Tortola Tuesday and St Thomas Wednesday.

No problem maan!:D

Hi David - I'm truly sorry about your weather; wish it had been better for you. I'm crossing my fingers they don't cancel HMC for us on Sunday. Looks like the storm will get there if their predictions are correct. I'm not holding my breath either way.

Bummer about the freezer. I'm not big on ice cream, but DH will be disappointed if it isn't fixed while we're there.

Thanks so much for the updates. Looking forward to Ray's review, but it will be a while before I get to read it! Hope the rest of your time goes smoothly and that you continue to enjoy yourself!

(p.s. - after all the wax teasing, I have to tell you that DH and I both did it today; piece of cake. Nothing to fear. You can try it next time!)

Hi folks! More live reporting from the May 14 Zuiderdam. First, to any who may have panicked, the remark I made regarding the Princess ship was a joke....we really didn't run into them!

Second, the cruise is going incredibly. Service is outstanding and the people I meet are wonderful.

Third, I do regret to say that the weather is not accommodating. Worst weather I have had on a cruise. Today is Wednesday. I have not seen sunshine since Sunday. I cancelled plans to visit beaches in Tortola yesterday and St. Thomas today.

Oh and finally....one minor controversy....some problem involving a broken freezer. No ice cream (none!) for past three days. This affects some desserts.

More when I get back....and Ray is going to be writing a comprehensive review and I think posting it on Sunday.

David

May 14 Zuiderdam

Shy isn't back yet. Hunky Dory is being challenged by Burt Reynolds, who could not remember my name all week. Shy used to sing, "I want Candy" every time he saw me... I love HAL's smiling, friendly staff!

Candy <-- suffering from post-cruise depression and researching the next booking

Glad you're having a good cruise. Would you happen to know if Shy back in the Lido/Vista Diningroom yet? I heard that he would be returning sometime this month from his vacation. :)

Archived