Wine from Gifts and Gear

shorbr

I ordered a few bottles of wine from Gifts and Gear to be in our stateroom. Can we bring a bottle with us to Portofinos or is it tacky? Or...in addition to what I ordered from Gifts and Gear, should I just order the wine package and when we are dining in Portofinos (3 times) just ask for a bottle from that list?

Please...serious replies only. I really have no idea and have never seen this addressed. TIA :confused:

I ordered a few bottles of wine from Gifts and Gear to be in our stateroom. Can we bring a bottle with us to Portofinos or is it tacky? Or...in addition to what I ordered from Gifts and Gear, should I just order the wine package and when we are dining in Portofinos (3 times) just ask for a bottle from that list?

Please...serious replies only. I really have no idea and have never seen this addressed. TIA :confused:

:cool:I would go with a wine package. I also order wine for my room, but I drink it there, or sometimes sit in a common area and drink one. I order a package for my dinner plans. One per night. If you have extra, you can take one from dinner back to cabin:cool:

You can buy the wine package when you get on board. If you take a bottle with you into a dining room you will have to pay a 'corkage" fee, even if it wa a bottle from your wine package. It is easy to get a bottle from one dining venue to another, just ask your server. The package is

less expensive on most bottles than buying from G&G.

I order from G&G and have stuff brought on different days through out the cruise. I haven't taken any to a dining venue, but as posted I'm guessing they will charge you a corkage fee. If you don't finish a bottle in one of the dining venues they will recork and get it to you the next night no matter where you are eating. We did that last trip when we ate in the MDR one night and Chops the next.

How do you order from G&G for different days throughout the cruise?

Yea, I was wondering the same thing. I did go ahead and ordered a wine package. When we go to dinner is there some sort of list that the wait person has so that it can be checked so that we can order a bottle of wine with dinner?

Yea, I was wondering the same thing. I did go ahead and ordered a wine package. When we go to dinner is there some sort of list that the wait person has so that it can be checked so that we can order a bottle of wine with dinner?

Yes, the dining room has a list of people (stateroom numbers) that purchased the wine package.

Someone may have mentioned this but they will put a "wine and dine" sticker on your seapass.

When you purchase the package make sure you put it under the name of the person that you want to sign for the wine each time you make a selection. I made the mistake of putting it under my name the first time so I had to sign for the wine each night. I would prefer that my husband sign for it so from now on we put it under his name. Not a big deal and for some it won't matter.

Someone may have mentioned this but they will put a "wine and dine" sticker on your seapass.

When you purchase the package make sure you put it under the name of the person that you want to sign for the wine each time you make a selection. I made the mistake of putting it under my name the first time so I had to sign for the wine each night. I would prefer that my husband sign for it so from now on we put it under his name. Not a big deal and for some it won't matter.

Funny you should mention that, because when I made the order it automatically defaulted to my husband's name. Like you, I would prefer if he signed for it. Thanks for the info :)

Hi there

I've just ordered two bottles of wine from G&G, for the dining room & it allowed me to chose the nights to be delivered (not sure if they charge corkage?). And I've ordered another couple for our room. We have a glass whilst getting ready in an evening, and if I've not finished, I just take my glass with me!

We usually order the bottle of wine and cheese tray option from C&G for sail away to enjoy from our balcony. And then order a wine package for the MDR.

This worked well for us also. We ordered the wine and a great fruit & cheese plate from Gifts & Gear for a wonderful sail-away on our balcony. When it was gone, we asked the room steward to leave the opener and glasses. We then ordered enough bottles in our wine package that we could take an unfinished bottle from any of the dining rooms back to our cabin whenever we wanted. I think ordering bottles from G&G is more expensive than bottles from the wine package, plus there is a more limited selection of wines.

We ordered wine for the cabin and could not choose which day for it to be available. They were all there on the embarkation day, five bottles, each in their ice bucket! :eek: Along with multiple glasses and a corkscrew. Most of the bottles were screw cap though.

I think the day choice option is only available when you select it to be available in the MDR.

You cannot take your cabin delivered wine bottle to the MDR but I wonder what would happen if you brought a glass of wine from your cabin to your table.

I can't believe that the cruise line would charge a "corkage" fee on top of the tip already applied to the package. PLLLLLLLLLLLLLase.

I think that is referring to the Gifts and Gear purchase for your cabin and not the Wine package, which is different. The price for wine to be delivered to your cabin as the GG purchase is different than if you order it for the MDR (and where you can choose delivery date). The Wine package is different again

I was on Freedom last week. I ordered 2 bottles of Cabernet and a bottle of champagne from G&G before the cruise. I was able to choose the day to be delivered to the cabin -- I chose Sunday (embarkation). Didn't think about the champagne being on ice, but it was. We didn't drink it until Tuesday, but our wonderful cabin steward just kept refilling the bucket with ice. She kidded me about drinking it herself if we didn't get busy!

I would take a full glass of wine to dinner with me most nights. One night I took half a bottle with me and asked our server for wine glasses. No one raised an eyebrow -- not even the wine steward/bar guy.

I have read the same thing about possible cork fees, but my guess is that if you just take it with you and pour it yourself, you will have no problems.

Archived