Yes, another carry on question.

JMCruising

So wine has to be in your carry on. Got it. Question is, does the carry on have to be like a regular luggage type carry on? I hate carrying stuff and may just bored with a beach bag or sorts. Is it OK to have wine in there or only if its in like a zipped up carry on. I hope this makes sense.

Newbie to Carnival.

On Princess' date=' RC, & Celebrity, I have always packed wine and champagne bottles in my regular suitcase.

Which are handed over to the porters.

Are you saying on Carnival this is not allowed?

I have to carry wine or champagne on board?[/quote']

Yes, Carnival's policy says one 750ml bottle of wine or champagne per adult 21 and over and it must be carried on (not put in your checked luggage given to the porters). Of course there are people who have done differently and boarded the ship just fine, but that's the policy, so YMMV.

So it's wine only and no other kind of alcohol?

See above... again there have been exceptions, but that's what they say is allowed. ;)

I have seen all sizes of bags for carry on even regular size luggage. But keep this in mind you have to wait for the cabins to be ready usually around 1:30 so if you board before this you need to lug the luggage around with you and elevators generally are being used by porters for the luggage you will probably need to use stairs...also many go right up for lunch to the lido...its difficult walking around with a larger piece luggage but certainly not impossible.

Yes, Carnival's policy says one 750ml bottle of wine or champagne per adult 21 and over and it must be carried on (not put in your checked luggage given to the porters). Of course there are people who have done differently and boarded the ship just fine, but that's the policy, so YMMV..

Thanks for the info.

I had no clue... Don't want to break the rules...;)

Thanks for the info.

I had no clue... Don't want to break the rules...;)

This is our MO, we usually have our two allotted bottles of wine in a tote bag. When we get on the ship we head immediately to the buffet, find a place to sit (no matter how crowded the ship is we have always found somewhere to sit). Then while one of us watches all our carry-on bags the others in our group go and get lunch. They come back and then whomever was watching the bags goes and gets their lunch. We usually hang out there eating and chatting until our cabins are ready. When they are, we head off to our cabins, deposit our carry-on bags, and then head out again to grab some DODs and start partying!:D

This is our MO, we usually have our two allotted bottles of wine in a tote bag. When we get on the ship we head immediately to the buffet, find a place to sit (no matter how crowded the ship is we have always found somewhere to sit). Then while one of us watches all our carry-on bags the others in our group go and get lunch. They come back and then whomever was watching the bags goes and gets their lunch. We usually hang out there eating and chatting until our cabins are ready. When they are, we head off to our cabins, deposit our carry-on bags, and then head out again to grab some DODs and start partying!:D

We do the same....We arrive just around lunch time. Grab a bite... Afterwards we walk it off :o:p exploring the ship.

Your checked luggage is scanned just like an airport scanner. If you have any bottles of wine or liquor in your suitcase, it will be confiscated. You will not receive it. It will go in the garbage.

You can bring it onboard by packing it in your carryon. It will also go through a scanner and you might have to show that it is sealed and the bottle has never been opened.

Your checked luggage is scanned just like an airport scanner. If you have any bottles of wine or liquor in your suitcase, it will be confiscated. You will not receive it. It will go in the garbage.

You can bring it onboard by packing it in your carryon. It will also go through a scanner and you might have to show that it is sealed and the bottle has never been opened.

Uh- I thought that it was held in storage for you- I did't think that they tossed it. If open they do. I could be wrong but this was my understanding.

Uh- I thought that it was held in storage for you- I did't think that they tossed it. If open they do. I could be wrong but this was my understanding.

Unopened and sealed bottles will be given back to you on the last night. Opened bottles or "unusual" bottles that are discovered are discarded.

Unopened and sealed bottles will be given back to you on the last night. Opened bottles or "unusual" bottles that are discovered are discarded.

Yes....and just to add....IF your luggage is locked and they want to "see" what's actually in there you will be called down to what is referred to as the "naughty room".....IF no locks on your luggage they will simply open it and remove the offending items. They will leave a letter in you luggage telling you this occurred with instructions on when you will get your items returned if they meet the criteria the above poster mentioned. This happened to a good friend of mine and at that time/ship he had to retrieve his alcohol on the morning of debarkation.

and FYI....If they search your luggage and do not find anything they will still leave you a note letting you know that it was looked through.

Yes....and just to add....IF your luggage is locked and they want to "see" what's actually in there you will be called down to what is referred to as the "naughty room".....IF no locks on your luggage they will simply open it and remove the offending items. They will leave a letter in you luggage telling you this occurred with instructions on when you will get your items returned if they meet the criteria the above poster mentioned. This happened to a good friend of mine and at that time/ship he had to retrieve his alcohol on the morning of debarkation.

They really have a room called that? :eek: :D

Led the way.... ;) :p

They really have a room called that? :eek: :D

Led the way.... ;) :p

LOL....I have actually seen this term used by cruisers on other lines as well.

Sounds like they made it up just for you :eek: ;)

Archived