Are there scales in the staterooms?

Cpamomma

I know I will be eating more than I normally do but I do plan on continuing my normal workout routine to the extent that makes sense. I don't want to make this the main focus of our cruise, but I do not want things to get out of control. I would like to monitor my weight while on the cruise so I don't come home to any unwanted surprises. We will be on an 11-day cruise. This will be our first cruise in over 10 years and our first cruise over 4 days, so we are feel like this is our first cruise. All information is appreciated. Thanks.

When we had a Sky Suite on the Mercury, there was a scale in the bathroom. My teenaged son loved it because he was trying to gain weight and ate everything in sight. I, on the otherhand, never step onto it once!

Last summer we were in a FV cabin on the Millennium and there was no scale in that bathroom! :D

I know I will be eating more than I normally do but I do plan on continuing my normal workout routine to the extent that makes sense. I don't want to make this the main focus of our cruise, but I do not want things to get out of control. I would like to monitor my weight while on the cruise so I don't come home to any unwanted surprises. We will be on an 11-day cruise. This will be our first cruise in over 10 years and our first cruise over 4 days, so we are feel like this is our first cruise. All information is appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry, no scales in your cabin. I might suggest that in additional to maintaining your normal routine you speak to the Executive Chef about any dietary concerns. It's easy to say that's it's a matter of self control. Much harded, at least for me, to do.

Yes, scales in Suites.

Karen, don't worry about the food aspect. While there's lots of incredible food on board, there are also many activities so there's actually not as much time for overeating & overindulging as you might think. At least that's the way it worked for us. We were always too interested in doing other things than to sit for an hour at breakfast and lunch. Most days we ate only twice a day. Really, a good breakfast can take you through til dinner if you have fruit or another light snack in the late afternoon. Forget about lunch! You won't miss it. At dinner, there are selections that are lighter so you absolutely will not be bombarded with heavy sauces and calorific creations (unless you want to :D). Another thing is to skip the elevators. Walking the stairs all the time is a surefire way to keep trim on a cruise. We were huffing and puffing walking from top to bottom of the ship on our first few days but on the last day, we could have run them. I think I may have put on about 3 pounds or so from the Solstice but it certainly wasn't permanent. So please don't give the food angle another thought! Enjoy your wonderful cruise.

I did a 19 night cruise last year and was +1lb when I got home - :D

Gym is a must for me at 4pm everyday - the scales in there are just fine, but I'm a mirror and target trousers and shirt person i.e. things get a little tight, cut back

Saying that I've lost 76lb this year, so I'm happy to get on any scales now !

overweight_man_on_scale_hg_clr.gif

A%20%2815%29%20%28Small%29.jpg?psid=1

Have never gained weight on any cruise, 12 total. :D Plenty of fresh fruits and veggies to help. But one thing that helps is always take the stairs instead of the elevators. Hope this helps. :)

Totally agree on the STAIRS !

Rule No1 with us - stairs - unless it's formal night

well done with the weight loss.

I did a 30 day cruise around South America last spring and I gained only 3 pounds. Did a lot of walking on port days and used the stairs. I travelled with friends and we walked the deck on many mornings as well.

Usually had a good breakfast, small lunch later in the day, and had what I wanted for dinner. No snacks though and that seems to be my downfall at home.;)

I did a 19 night cruise last year and was +1lb when I got home - :D

Gym is a must for me at 4pm everyday - the scales in there are just fine, but I'm a mirror and target trousers and shirt person i.e. things get a little tight, cut back

Saying that I've lost 76lb this year, so I'm happy to get on any scales now !

Wow! Good for you!!!

My DH and I have already decided not to use elevators and we do plan on hitting the gym everyday. I am sure we will be okay.

Staffy - well done, you look amazing!

We always take the stairs as well, and try to go to the gym once a day. But we don't worry if we don't, it is a holiday after all!

Never used the scales in the gym - they have always been in such a public place right in the entrance to the gym.

On my recent cruise on the Solstice, there was a scale in our suite. It was in the cabinet under the sink in the bathroom. I found it more than halfway through a 12 night cruise.

We were in a Royal Suite on Summit in June and found a scale in the exact same place, didn't use it though :p

I tend to actually LOSE weight on cruises, reason being... someone else has cleaned and cut up a MASSIVE salad bar for me!!!

We walk lots, take the stairs more often then not and I have NEVER been on the gym in a ship unless I have to go there for Muster Drill.. haha

Go, be reasonable, relax and TRY lots of different things.

Being on a cruise is where my hubby fell in love with sushi.

Easier to try it when you haven't had to PAY for it.

Staffy, GREAT job on the weight loss. I know how hard that is, and you should be very proud of yourself.

Safe Travels

Chass

:cool:No scales allowed. This is a cruise. Don't punish yourself. Do that after you get home. Try the spa, you may find one there, but not in cabin.:cool:JACK $ $AILING AGAIN

Archived