SV category or C1 if both are similar price?

mimito4

I Posted this on the appropriate roll call, and then it occurred to me that I should ask as a general question here.

We are ready to book the Reflection, and have a courtesy hold on staterooms 6308 (SV) and 1415 (C1). Because of upgrade benefits (AmEx platinum - will be booking a C3 and upgrading to a C1) 1415 will be slightly less, but in general same price range.

Am I right in assuming that 1415,, the C1 is one of the slightly larger aft verandas? I do love the aft verandas, and since both are aft. . .do you CC experts here have a preference of one over the other? The other thought is I believe C class gives us 2 points towards elite (am currently select)?

Thanks in advance for your good advice and opinions.

If you're going for an aft cabin get as high as you can. We were on deck 6 on the Silhouette and the noise and vibration when the ship is moving slowly was terrible. When you're going fast it's fine, but the inter-island overnight trips are done at very slow speed.

Higher decks don't seem to have this issue.

As you say that both cabins have almost the same price I'd go for the C1 as well. You'll have some nice extra perks as C1 is Concierge class which comes with some nice extras like better bathrobes,daily fruit basket and a welcome bottle of ( low-grade,but quite nice) champagne etc. As you are a "Select" member in Captain's Club, the extra point comes in handy, as well.

I wouldn't choose deck 6 for an aft cabin if I had the choice. The views a bit higher up are better, the vibrations are less. I have sometimes looked up the deck plans of the S-class ships when trying to find a cabin and I've noticed that the SV-cabins on deck 6 are the last ones to go in that category.

Thanks, kind people for answering my question. I thought no one was going to respond there for a while. Your info and opinion is valued. I love coming here for info and I try to return the favor when I can.

Again, thanks!

1415 will be the second widest of the aft C1 balconies and 6308 will be the narrowest of the aft SVs and equivalent C1s.

Phil

Hi phil, what is the widest of the C1 balconies please? My friends are taking their first celebrity cruise, and want to find best cabin in concierge category. I cannot advise as we are always a family of four, and take an FV or suite.

Hi phil, what is the widest of the C1 balconies please? My friends are taking their first celebrity cruise, and want to find best cabin in concierge category. I cannot advise as we are always a family of four, and take an FV or suite.

Which ship Louise? The numbering is slightly different on Silhouette and Reflection.

Phil

Archived