Guy's Burgers

MaiTaiMary

it's just the latest gimmick.

they took out the free burger grill and built a free burger stand. specialty fixins'

only two places on earth you can try these so far is the liberty and the breeze. guy is the guy that hosted minute to win it.

"Guy's Burgers" is part of the Funship 2.0 upgrades.

They are free specialty burgers available on certain ships (more ships being added throughout the next year). The burger combinations were designed by celebrity chef Guy Fieri (from Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives on tv) and are branded with his name. There is also an upgraded toppings bar available with the burgers.

You can check U tube for videos because when Carnival announced the Funship 2.0 upgrades, they did a few promotional videos.

Personally, I can't wait to sail on a ship with Guy's burgers - they sound awesome!

They ARE awesome! We had them on the Liberty last year (going again this year) :D ... the area is set up like a mechanics garage...hoods on the ceiling, the servers wearing those button down mechanic shirts, the napkins are those red shop rags and the ketchup, etc come out of what looks like lube or oil dispensers. They have crumbled bacon, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions and some other stuff that I can't remember on the "fixin's bar" ....yummy!!

it's just the latest gimmick.

they took out the free burger grill and built a free burger stand. specialty fixins'

only two places on earth you can try these so far is the liberty and the breeze. guy is the guy that hosted minute to win it.

actually Guy Fieri is a well know Chef who travels the U.S. of A eating in various dining establishments..he has a show on the Food Network and is recognized throughout North American. Unlike RCI who has a disgusting Johnny Rockets on board that they charge you for, these are free...

Be fair and provide all info if you want to bash him/the concept

What is this "Guy's Burgers" I keep seeing popping up? :confused:

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO MaiTaiMary:Guy is a celebrity chef as seen on the Food Channel. He is bringing his gourmet burgers to Carnival Cruise Line. However, I hope they don't put it outside where you must walk over an open deck to get to and from there. I had that experience on the Celebrity Silhouette. One big breeze came and I lost half of one bun and my lettuce and tomato while going back to stateroom.

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO MaiTaiMary:Guy is a celebrity chef as seen on the Food Channel. He is bringing his gourmet burgers to Carnival Cruise Line. However, I hope they don't put it outside where you must walk over an open deck to get to and from there. I had that experience on the Celebrity Silhouette. One big breeze came and I lost half of one bun and my lettuce and tomato while going back to stateroom.

It is outside, though under cover (obviously). Gusts of wind can play havoc on buns -- been there, done that!

Tom

actually Guy Fieri is a well know Chef who travels the U.S. of A eating in various dining establishments..he has a show on the Food Network and is recognized throughout North American. Unlike RCI who has a disgusting Johnny Rockets on board that they charge you for, these are free...

Be fair and provide all info if you want to bash him/the concept

actually, jr burgers and food is free too. you just have to pay a service charge.

but i agree they are disgusting.

and i would imagine it's the house frau's that watch cable tv that think gf is a well known chef.

actually, i was a littlle disturbed when someone posted the pix of the meat sitting in those tubs, stacked, and non refrigerated.

Are Guy's Burgers cooked to order, meaning there is a wait for each? Are you in a line like the regular grill or do they take your order and then you return when your number is called or something like that?

What is the best burger on the menu?

actually, jr burgers and food is free too. you just have to pay a service charge.

and i would imagine it's the house frau's that watch cable tv that think gf is a well known chef.

which part of the label to you object to... well-known or chef?

that's funny. evidently being the host of 4 different tv series, 2 restaurants and and signature branding on the worlds largest cruise company negates you from being "well known".

Are Guy's Burgers cooked to order, meaning there is a wait for each? Are you in a line like the regular grill or do they take your order and then you return when your number is called or something like that?

What is the best burger on the menu?

They are cooked in-masse. Typically they go so fast though that they are essentially "to-order". It's a walk-up and order type of thing. You wait while they prepare it.

IMO, the "Pig Patty" is the best one. They put several crispy bacon patties with melted cheese on top of your burger. It's around a jillion calories and shortens your life by about 3 days each time you eat one...but I think it's worth it.

heck he had/his own Prime Time Game Show so he has to be somewhat known....seems all these celeb Chef's need to supplement failing restaurants so they put their names to restaurants and reality TV shows...

They are cooked in-masse. Typically they go so fast though that they are essentially "to-order". It's a walk-up and order type of thing. You wait while they prepare it.

The four times we went for one on the Liberty there was NEVER anyone in the line. We walked right up and told the guy how we wanted it, they plopped some fries on, and we were good to go! On the Sensation last weekend there were two times where I was just wanting a burger (yes, even one of those) and headed to the grill. There were perhaps 40 people waiting both times (with the line basically not moving). My son came by with one later and said he waited about half an hour - then did not eat most of it, because it was "not good"!

Even ordering the plain and then putting your own toppings on is pretty da** good.....

That's the route I take!

Tom

Archived