18 and older???

ThisFemmeKat

Do you think there is a market for a Carnival Ship that is just Adults only? Maybe one from Florida since there are so many there. I know I would be interested in it. Nothing against kids but why not have a ship without them. The space used for Kid venues could be coverted to other activities. The activities and events could be geared to an adult audience. Am I crazy?? This seems to me like it would make money..

What are your thoughts?

I think if prices were comparable we would be interested. We have not done an AI yet, but when we look at them we only look at adult only. I am a teacher, love kids, but when we get away I enjoy getting away from them. We dont have kids yet, but I think that this would be a great idea for CCL to experiment with.

I would give it a try if there was an adult only ship with an itinerary that interested me. For the most part the kids don't bother me but there are always those whose kids are the boss and are very obnoxious and rude. It's at that point thr DH tells me that I'm not at work (teaching) and to let it go. I guess it also is a consideration that my own kids re 19 and 22, once there are grand kids it will be a different story!

Look for special interest full ship charters, Do your homework you will find them. A lot of them are adults only.Have fun, I'm going on one in Oct. See countdown clock.

I can see how a once in a while charter would work. During the summer when prices are high, this is the time for families to cruise, not adults.. so charters for the adults would be better for offseason times when they can get better prices.

One of Carnival's main marketing focuses is on families. I doubt they would switch gears mid-stream. As someone said, maybe the occasional charter but other than that, I don't see it. I, personally, enjoy the family atmosphere of Carnival.

Maybe it's just me but I can tune them out to the point that unless a kid is pitching a screaming, screeching tantrum in the middle of the floor, I don't even notice them :cool:

I enjoy the family atmosphere too. The kids have never really bothered me onboard either. Just thought an "adults only" would offer a completely different experience, appearance, and entertainment/activities. Just seemed to me like it would be very good for the bottom line. and it would be a nice change to regular carnival cruisers to have a change from the usual jokes and scheduled events.

If Carnival did have a ship like this I would for sure be checking airfair to which ever port it leaves from. If I am not taking my kiddo with me I would prefer to not have others around. I do the same thing when the wife and I go to dinner, if its just the two of us we got to a pub or bar so we dont have to deal with kids, we have had to many expensive romantic dinners ruined because someone does not know how to control their child.

sail the 11 day panama canal. you may be the youngest ones there.

I need to retire before venturing into those waters.

kids are ok with me. the only thing that bothers be are the newly turned 15 yr. old girls who think they own the world now. truely annoying

Archived