Multiple Shipboard Credits

Gcto

We recently booked a cruise with our regular TA and were told there was a $400 shipboard credit as part of his travel consortium (V-comp). I paid the cruise the the Amex Plat and in the past we were always getting the $300 shipboard credit from Amex.

TA called though and told us that we can't get two consortium ship board credits...either it's the Amex Plat or the V-comp.

Has anyone encountered this in the past ? This seems weird to me ?

Well, I hope that our TA (an Amex agent, we booked through AMEX) led us in the right direction as we were told that we have 700.00 total OBC. 300 for Plat. and 400 special promotion. I just looked at the invoice and both of these credits are listed.

Aloha. . .

Jackie is correct. Your agent could have other promotional OBCs with his/her group contract, or a cruise night special or such and those are combinable with AMEX and other Consortium OBCs, but AMEX and other Consortia are not combinable, like Jackie our Agent gives us the one with the higher value.

Wes,

That is different since, in effect, your TA is paying for that extra OBC out of his pocket. It is not coming from the consortium itself. There was a time when you could combine the AMEX OBC with Virtuoso or Ensemble but, sadly, that is no longer the case.

Any TA who tells a client they can is misinformed.

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't be that bad if we would have known this before. Was told initially all would be well, then a few weeks before the trip and after all was paid and docs delivered, we find out it's not what it seemed to be. Nowhere does it state that those credits are not combinable, nor did our TA seem to know this (now he does).

Archived