Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Live Tweet by CC member - "Had first meal at the uptown grill. Waiter took my card drinks order not come back yet :( finished meal! #norwegianbreakaway"

Biggest complaint on the Jewel last year was hit or miss service. Disappointing to read regarding the Breakaway. In the back of my mind, 4K for a cruise and this is what I have to look forward to... again?

It was my on to do list..but daaayuum.. I may need to rethink the plank!! LOL..but if i buy the drink package and i have a few vodka martini's in me...i become wonder woman..and who knows:rolleyes::D:p

Ha Ha

I am with you. Not sure I will be doing it either LOL

And I feel like a coward for saying it!!!!!

Robin

Gambee

I know the hot tubs in vibe have a roof on them for shade.

Yeah I did notice that, but originally they said oversized tubs, I was thinking something like the ones on the Allure. Really they seem rather normal sized to me, but it is all good, I think I figured it out. We will just have to play with times and such no biggie :).

Live Tweet by CC member - "Had first meal at the uptown grill. Waiter took my card drinks order not come back yet :( finished meal! #norwegianbreakaway"

Biggest complaint on the Jewel last year was hit or miss service. Disappointing to read regarding the Breakaway. In the back of my mind, 4K for a cruise and this is what I have to look forward to... again?

You know on X the server forgot about our drink and brought them near the end of the meal, although I think that was the only true time when service failed on that ship. It is really crazy that they say that they have the very best employees of the line and service still lacks.

We also have to be a little considerate since this is technically their very first voyage.

So has anyone found any live threads other than bendy man?

Here we go, The Plank (photos and two videos). Videos are made with a GoPro camera mounted to the head. They are partly time lapse. So don´t get confused when it starts out pretty fast :D.

Dear Lord! I'm brave but NOT that brave!;)

Great video, thank you for sharing.:)

I thought I remembered seeing in the renderings some loungers that were kind of IN the pool, like on the side before it drops down into the full pool?? Does anyone know what I'm talking about?? LOL Will the ship have this or was it just a rendering dream?? :)

Brilliant! Thank you. I really want to do this, but not sure about doing the whole ropes course. Can a non athletic middle age woman do it?

What the other video. It´s not a fixed course. You can decide at each "crossing" which way to go. There are easier ways and more difficult ways to go. It´s totally up to you what you´re doing. You don´t have to do the zip line either.

steamboats

You know on X the server forgot about our drink and brought them near the end of the meal, although I think that was the only true time when service failed on that ship. It is really crazy that they say that they have the very best employees of the line and service still lacks.

We also have to be a little considerate since this is technically their very first voyage.

I totally understand and have read about poor service on ALL liners at one time or another by CC members. On the Jewel, it was almost 50/50 hit or miss though I did not try any upcharge eateries. Would think NCL would be putting thier best foot forward with all the PR and such.

On the 28th of april 2013 we will be one of the first consumers to sail the Norwegian Breakaway. Although it's only for one night we're looking forward to the experience of being the first one on a brand new ship.

First of all I want excuse myself when it comes to mistakes in writing this down in English. I'm from Holland, so it isn't my first language.

We will use this thread to keep you updated on the build of the Norwegian Breakaway. During our cruise we'll be updating live, so if you would like to see a picture of the pool area, post it here, we will be answering them all.

Cruise:

28/4 Rotterdam

29/4 Southampton

If you have specific questions, like eating at Ocean Blu, or pictures of the Owners suite, you can sponsor us ;)

I will start with an overview of the facilities onboard the ship.

Whatever happened to the OP? I thought they were going to post live on the cruise from Rotterdam and Southampton?

Hey maybe even an inflatable kiddy pool too, and some strings tropical LED patio lights. Get a big party going on out there! Probably have a cover charge for guests, do a DJ thing with an iPod dock. Man, forget Haven and Bliss...my balcony will be the most exclusive hotspot on board Breakaway! lol :cool::cool:

Add in a disco ball and some strobe lights and you'll be all set for the best tricked out balcony in history!! You have to follow through with some of these ideas!! Especially the inflatable palm trees, tropical lights and hammock! :D

The sun is shining and I'm currently sitting on the waterfront outside Fat Cats with a beer.

This is exactly how I envisaged it. People enjoying a drink and others strolling past. It isn't busy, but there is plenty of space for people walking around. I'm going to like this a lot.

Overall, other than the balconies, which really do look tiny, I have to say this really does seem to take the best bits of the Epic and improve on the not so good bits.

DH has finally managed to get his photos online. So here you find the complete gallery. Those interested in cabin photos look here and The Haven can be found here. Videos are to follow (especially walking The Plank :D). So are interactive panorama photos.

steamboats

Thank you for the pictures in The Haven. My daughter and I are in a S7.

I couldn't find any pictures, until I realized the pictures from the door 10106 is the S7 not the S4 two bedroom. I am loving all the pictures and

can't wait until our cruise on 10/27.

"It´s not a fixed course. You can decide at each "crossing" which way to go. There are easier ways and more difficult ways to go. It´s totally up to you what you´re doing. You don´t have to do the zip line either."

WHAT, there is a zipline??? This is the 1st I have heard that. Can anyone confirm?

Ok, so my dogs went unfed for a couple hours this morning while I was enjoying photo overload - call the ASPCA.. Thank you thank you thank you to everyone posting pics! Looks like I will be getting nothing done again today lol!

Robin

Thank you for the pictures in The Haven. My daughter and I are in a S7.

I couldn't find any pictures, until I realized the pictures from the door 10106 is the S7 not the S4 two bedroom. I am loving all the pictures and

can't wait until our cruise on 10/27.

I noticed this too! These are by far the best pics of the S7 posted anywhere yet, including the balcony. Actually, best pics of all the cabins I have seen so far!

Robin

Check out this link that was posted earlier:

DSC04770

Loungers definitely fit although they have not placed any in there.

Thank you but I think this is a disabled aft room so everything is twice the size. Definitely not expecting my balcony to be that big! But it looks like we can squeeze two in there based on the length.

Archived