Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

The pool deck area looks so small. Where are all of the loungers?!!
I had said way back in February when she was floated out that the pool deck areas look small and narrow. From what I understand from others, this is a common complaint on other NCL ships....I was hoping they would improve it on the Breakaway.:rolleyes:

I had said way back in February when she was floated out that the pool deck areas look small and narrow. From what I understand from others, this is a common complaint on other NCL ships....I was hoping they would improve it on the Breakaway.:rolleyes:

This looks smaller than the Epic!! Maybe if I stomp my foot they will make it bigger? LOL

I would think that all the aft S6 cabins will have similar furniture.

EDIT: I did find it interesting that NCL opened the deck 13 S6 for viewing, seeing that it (apparently) has the smallest balcony.

Tom

I thought that was interesting as well. I guess they don't want everyone thinking that every aft penthouse will have a balcony the size of deck 9!! Lol I'm so anxious to see the size of the S6 balcony on deck 12!!

That's good to know....wonder if u can keep a card in slot but turn off lights?? I hope so!

If all power shuts off if card is not in slot, does the AC turn off too???

Yes to both questions.

Thank you very much to all that have been posting! I so appreciate it!

A few questions that I have but may not be able to be answered until the initial May 12 sailings but:

Are the items in the fridge on top of sensors? If so, has anyone asked yet for the fridge to be emptied?

The wine dispensers in the Garden Cafe. Can we use them if we have the UBP or do we need to get a bartender for our drinks?

Is Modarno (sp?) the Brazilian Steakhouse? Can someone please post the menus?

We have a party of 10 and it looks like Tappenaki holds 8 a table. I guess we will need to break up to two different tables. Maybe I should book 5 and 5 and hope we get seated together but at two different times? This was the one upcharge restaurant we were going to take my sister's children that are younger so not sure now.

Thanks so all.

I would not recommend taking the children to Teppenaki, unless they can eat a lot of food. It is a very expensive dinner and there is no way even my husband can eat all of his meal. But 10 should fit at the table easy, we have been to this restaurant on all of the ships that have it and easily fits 10. The Moderno is basically a salad bar and then they come around to your table with about 10 different meats including, chicken, lamb, and a few different kinds of steaks from beef. It is a lot of food also.

We did not have wine dispensers on the EPIC as far as I know. So don't know what that is about.

When we get onboard we have the room steward automatically empty the fridge out so there is no chance of us getting charged for something that we did not use. One cruise when we got home we received a bill from NCL that evidently the cruise before us emptied the contents from the bottles and then put the bottles back in empty and we don't drink so I know we didn't do it but they still charged us.

You get to go before us as our date is May 26th so keep in touch and hope you can keep us informed of any new stuff. Happy Sailing, Neta

This looks smaller than the Epic!! Maybe if I stomp my foot they will make it bigger? LOL
Good grief smaller than the Epic?? So let's see...the waterfront looks small, the theater looks small, the standard balcony is small, the lobster tails and steaks look small...well, I guess I better pray that the lifeboats are not small!;)

Good grief smaller than the Epic?? So let's see...the waterfront looks small, the theater looks small, the standard balcony is small, the lobster tails and steaks look small...well, I guess I better pray that the lifeboats are not small!;)

BUT - there's a wine dispenser!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Well, if that works, let us know. Then we can all start stomping for loungers on our balconies,(#1 on my Wish List), bigger standard balconies, beds that don't block the bathroom, wider Waterfront, outlets that stay powered on when you leave the room, etc., etc., etc.

With all of us stomping, we can have our own Burn the Floor show!!! :p:D

But seriously, from what we've seen, this ship is soooooo Georgeous that once we're aboard, we'll have a Fabulous time, and make incredible memories. The Anticipation is getting to us All :eek:

BTW-Any fellow 6/09 sailors here?

Barbara

We will see how it plays out, can't complain we sail her. But I do see how NCL chooses to accommodate a good portion of lido deck for heaven passengers, this has been something I am not a big fan of. Then again if I was lucky enough to be sailing in those rooms I would not be complaining. I guess it all comes with the territory.

So very, very True. Human nature :rolleyes:

Isn't the Epic the same way? I never had a problem with the room getting hot, or the AC shutting itself off.

When we were on the EPIC our a/c did shut down but not completely off, so we put a foreign card in the slot to keep it on.

Just let your room steward know that you are keeping your key in the slot because of charging reasons and therefore he won't care if your light is on anyway, he will know it is an additional card. They always knock or ring the bell before coming in the suite anyway.

With my medical equipment we have to have the a/c and electricity all the time. So we have no problem.

BUT - there's a wine dispenser!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

LOL:D LOL.... We are all soooo Funny. Not only can we do a Burn the Floor show with all our stomping, we can have our own Second City show as well! :p

I would not recommend taking the children to Teppenaki, unless they can eat a lot of food. It is a very expensive dinner and there is no way even my husband can eat all of his meal. But 10 should fit at the table easy, we have been to this restaurant on all of the ships that have it and easily fits 10. The Moderno is basically a salad bar and then they come around to your table with about 10 different meats including, chicken, lamb, and a few different kinds of steaks from beef. It is a lot of food also.

We did not have wine dispensers on the EPIC as far as I know. So don't know what that is about.

When we get onboard we have the room steward automatically empty the fridge out so there is no chance of us getting charged for something that we did not use. One cruise when we got home we received a bill from NCL that evidently the cruise before us emptied the contents from the bottles and then put the bottles back in empty and we don't drink so I know we didn't do it but they still charged us.

You get to go before us as our date is May 26th so keep in touch and hope you can keep us informed of any new stuff. Happy Sailing, Neta

Just saw a photo of the wine machine and it is quite interesting.

Thanks so much for your help. We thought it would be fun to take the kids to Tappenaki. I'll let my sister know what you said but I am SOOO happy to hear about the tables of 10.

Moderno, I think we will skip it. I am not a big meat eater, although my dh can do his share for both of us. I think I will have the adults do Ocean Blue and LeBistro. Does that sound good for two nice specialty restaurants? OR, maybe Cagneys. I think we can do Cagneys and Ocean Blue. I'll try to get our ressie by calling at 45 days out.

Thanks so much again!

You sail before I do, actually if you are sailing on May 26 that is my birthday :)

We sail July 21 and can't wait!

Well, if that works, let us know. Then we can all start stomping for loungers on our balconies,(#1 on my Wish List), bigger standard balconies, beds that don't block the bathroom, wider Waterfront, outlets that stay powered on when you leave the room, etc., etc., etc.

With all of us stomping, we can have our own Burn the Floor show!!! :p:D

But seriously, from what we've seen, this ship is soooooo Georgeous that once we're aboard, we'll have a Fabulous time, and make incredible memories. The Anticipation is getting to us All :eek:

BTW-Any fellow 6/09 sailors here?

Barbara

I agree, think we will all have such a fantastic time once we are onboard, that a lot of the issues mentioned above will fade away-to be replaced by a great vacation and great memories. We are also sailing on June 9th-I can't wait!!! Lynne :)

Would like to know if the spa balconys are bigger than a regular balcony and if they are noisy on the starboard side with the hydropool above you? Anyone know if these rooms are quiet anyway. What do you get different in the spa balcony other than spa passes? Thanks

Please share the photo. I'm interested in the machine and the pricing as well

Here is a link to the company that makes the machines. Have used them primarily on Celebrity and RCCL. Great addition to NCL. Basically, they are set up to do a one ounce, 2.5 or 5-ounce pour.

http://www.enomatic.com/default.asp?catIDPadre=33&catID=34&NewsLan=MONDO

So I just realized, now that so many high quality and very detailed photo galleries of Breakaway have hit the web, it does not appear that the Sabrett's hot dog carts are on board yet. I guess maybe I called it after all, and that NCL won't have the carts until Breakaway is in NYC. Sucks for the transatlantic passengers, but not for the rest of us :D

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

I agree, think we will all have such a fantastic time once we are onboard, that a lot of the issues mentioned above will fade away-to be replaced by a great vacation and great memories. We are also sailing on June 9th-I can't wait!!! Lynne :)

Hi Lynne ;)

Archived