Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Here is something interesting that Cubechick posted on her blog today.

"One of my fellow travelers was told by Ruth that it is only for this sailing that Vibe will be open to suite guests. Going forward Haven residents will have to buy a Vibe pass like everyone else. Given the prices they are charging for the suites on the Breakaway, I hope this rumor will prove false!"

This is a bad decision on NCL's part.I will probably cruise on the Getaway

and I will never book a suite if I have to pay for Vibe. A balcony with Vibe pass is all I need.

OK I gonna say it. If you have the $ for a suite, you have the $ for a Vibe pass.

That's the same logic that higher end hotels use when they tag you for $30/day in parking and $15/day for internet. They think that you can afford it since you're already shelling out a couple hundred+ for the room. I don't really care for that - I feel I am being gouged.

Tom

Is there an exclusive sundeck not inside the Haven for suite guest?Where there are padded chairs?

Is Vibe the same as Posh (Epic)? I considered Posh a suite perk, for which others could pay (additional) to enjoy...

Tom

Is Vibe the same as Posh (Epic)? I considered Posh a suite perk, for which others could pay (additional) to enjoy...

Tom

Yes Vibe is the Posh of Breakaway

Exclusive for suite guests and maybe they will sell passes too.

Like the addition of hot tubs but they really need a cool down zone, water fall or small pool to make it a great place. Getaway will be sailing the hot carribean and that is what was a downer at Posh...... no pool or cool down area if you lay in the sun.

Do you know where to get the reservation for the ice bar?

Yes, there is a reservation podium right in front of the Ice Bar :)

On the Epic, at least if you wanted to book right after embarkation, there was a twist. I'll let Don tell you about that, since he has a way with words:

Aha, I forgot a step in the embarkation schedule, and that was to make reservations for the Ice Bar. The three of us would be doing quite a bit of dining and activities together during the week, and we'd (much more Tom than me) strategically planned the schedule, and done all the online reservations for things that could be pre-planned.

But Ice Bar has to be arranged once onboard, and I wanted to get that done soon. Checked with crew to make sure where to go for that, and I got the 'very obvious' anwer. "Just go to Le Bistro".

Huh, What??!! :eek:

No, I need to make Ice Bar reservations, hopefully for three people tonight.

Yes, go to Le Bistro, and they'll be happy to assist.

Well, who am I to question things as this point, still rather dependent on the map I was issued at check-in (Yoo-Hoo . . . other cruise lines . . . there's an interesting concept as well).

Got to Le Bistro and the two nice ladies at the table wanted to know if I was making restaurant or Ice Bar arrangements. Well, what do you know, I am in the right place. Go figure. Easy peasy to make those plans, as we were the first three on the list for the evening (and we were scheduled for right after it opened)

Tom

I know I'm a few days behind in reading this thread, but I'm obsessing about the small balcony size. I have a BD and am considering upgrading to a B1. For the $300, what do I get other than a larger balcony? Is it a larger cabin, too? Any other immenities?

We moved from a BC to a B1 just so we could have the extra large balcony. We love LOUNGING ;) out there instead of the main pool. On port days, we like to carry breakfast trays from room service and sit out there and watch us pull into port. In the evenings, we sit out there with a glass of wine and watch us pull out of port, before going inside and getting ready for dinner.

I'm also thinking that it would be "warmer" on a balcony in the aft instead of the sides, which tend to get very windy on a sea day.

Are you looking to get "beat up" again for your "relocation of resources" ideas. ;)

Hey I've loved people's reactions to our collective (not my) idea of acquiring chairs, makes me want to do it even more! :cool: In life there are always going to be at least some people who don't like what it is you want to do, but the key is to never let them stop you, just use them as motivation! :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Here is something interesting that Cubechick posted on her blog today.

"One of my fellow travelers was told by Ruth that it is only for this sailing that Vibe will be open to suite guests. Going forward Haven residents will have to buy a Vibe pass like everyone else. Given the prices they are charging for the suites on the Breakaway, I hope this rumor will prove false!"

That is the only way that make sense. There are a certain amount of cabanas for rental. if the haven guests are Free then naturally no one would get use of the cabana. Now if they were not 'selling' cabana time then that is different. Then it would be 'like' POSH on EPIC. If i pay $300 for my cabana and i cant use it because haven guests is using it for free, therefore always occupied, then NCL will have a problem.:D:eek:

Hey I've loved people's reactions to our collective (not my) idea of acquiring chairs, makes me want to do it even more! :cool: In life there are always going to be at least some people who don't like what it is you want to do, but the key is to never let them stop you, just use them as motivation! :D

Live and let live is not a concept all subscribe to unfortunately. Many people feel the need to be judge and jury for their fellow man...

Tom

If the vibe rumor is true it would make sense since vibe is so small I don't think it would fit haven passengers and day pass people. The staff probably just realized this!

Thats my biggest complaint about the breakaway. A lot of the venues are small like vibe H2O and the theatre. Some of which is because of the huge water park.

I cant say I really care if I get access to vibe

If the vibe rumor is true it would make sense since vibe is so small I don't think it would fit haven passengers and day pass people. The staff probably just realized this!

Thats my biggest complaint about the breakaway. A lot of the venues are small like vibe H2O and the theatre. Some of which is because of the huge water park.

As much as I talk about the small lounging areas and limited sections of this ship, I think I am looking forward the most for the waterpark and the rope course. Hopefully H2O is not to small since it is directly above our room and it would be a great place to go and chill.

On port days, we like to carry breakfast trays from room service and sit out there and watch us pull into port.

Well if you plan on eating on your balcony (and this goes for almost all balconies on this ship), you better ask room service is they'll let you borrow a table as well, because the one you'll have will hold nothing more than a coffee and an OJ :rolleyes: (which bums us out too for this very reason; you know it's a problem when passengers have to consider bringing camping or tailgate gear in order to make proper use of their balcony!)

Vibe is a better deal for 2 people. because the price of the cabana includes (2 access passes and 100 food/bev credit (week)). If you like laying out (which i dont need to for obvious reasons:D) then you would not have to worry about chair hogs. Now if you travel solo like i do then, then the cabana rental is not so great of a deal, unless you can find someone to go in with you.But if deck 17 has to the Cushion seats and clam shells for free then that is a better (free) option. I didnt see any umbrellas on deck though.

Vibe is a better deal for 2 people. because the price of the cabana includes (2 access passes and 100 food/bev credit (week)). If you like laying out (which i dont need to for obvious reasons:D) then you would not have to worry about chair hogs. Now if you travel solo like i do then, then the cabana rental is not so great of a deal, unless you can find someone to go in with you.But if deck 17 has to the Cushion seats and clam shells for free then that is a better (free) option. I didnt see any umbrellas on deck though.

You raise a good point from the cabana rental point of view, didn't think of it that way. But one additional factor I'll throw into the mix that I'd want to take into account is weather. I think that the forecast for the week (and especially the first two days at sea) will have a major impact on how many people decide to buy Vibe passes. I mean if it's going to be less than conducive to sunning (e.g. 65 and cloudy/wet) then I doubt very many people would want to spend the $$$. But fortunately we'll (hopefully) know that forecast on the day we board the ship. Incidentally this is the same reason we're not booking any excursions in advance for this trip. Don't want to commit to a land tour if that day turns out to be the best beach day ;)

You raise a good point from the cabana rental point of view, didn't think of it that way. But one additional factor I'll throw into the mix that I'd want to take into account is weather. I think that the forecast for the week (and especially the first two days at sea) will have a major impact on how many people decide to buy Vibe passes. I mean if it's going to be less than conducive to sunning (e.g. 65 and cloudy/wet) then I doubt very many people would want to spend the $$$. But fortunately we'll (hopefully) know that forecast on the day we board the ship. Incidentally this is the same reason we're not booking any excursions in advance for this trip. Don't want to commit to a land tour if that day turns out to be the best beach day ;)

Exactly, my coworker/friend is on the May 12 sailing so I have had numberous phone calls/emails with NCL about Vibe. The weather is her concern as well, I think she checked long range weather for Bermuda so its 'forecast' to rain day 2 in Bermuda that week (knowing its still early and weather patterns can change) but given that it 'could' rain, then you have a day waisted on your money. Also I found out that Vibe will be 'selling' food, hence the food and bev credit. Where they are getting the 'food' from, i dont know as Vibe does not have a resturant.

Archived