Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

So back to the S6 :)

I may be wrong but I think I have found a wrinkle in the S6 layouts . Four of the 12 S6 cabins may be a little different.

I think they have swapped the location of the bedroom and bathroom in 4 of the cabins.

Lets see if I can explain my theory. If you look at an aft pics you will notice 8 of the 12 cabins have a panel of tinted glass and 4 do not, on decks 14 and 11.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=281&page=1

I think the 8 with tinted glass have bathrooms behind the tinted glass. ( which the floor plan I have seen confirms )Here is a pic of the bathroom on deck 13

norwegianbreakaway-170-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

Here is the bedroom

norwegianbreakaway-168-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

I think the 4 that do not have the tinted glass have a bedroom where the bathroom is in the other 8. Here is are some pics I found on another thread.

5270_642029945814202_1677453369_n.jpg

308643_642029865814210_1551004083_n.jpg

215257_642029992480864_84161826_n.jpg

The rest of the cabin looks exactly the same

At least i have your review to look forward to.:)

here is a few reviews,

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=642

Please don't close this thread. That will result in me having to go to rehab, since I am totally addicted to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

So back to the S6 :)

I may be wrong but I think I have found a wrinkle in the S6 layouts . Four of the 12 S6 cabins may be a little different.

I think they have swapped the location of the bedroom and bathroom in 4 of the cabins.

Lets see if I can explain my theory. If you look at an aft pics you will notice 8 of the 12 cabins have a panel of tinted glass and 4 do not, on decks 14 and 11.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=281&page=1

I think the 8 with tinted glass have bathrooms behind the tinted glass. ( which the floor plan I have seen confirms )Here is a pic of the bathroom on deck 13

norwegianbreakaway-170-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

Here is the bedroom

norwegianbreakaway-168-4_3_rx1443_c1920x1440.jpg?ab55a5773a712f7d9d7f7f29c5c2d44b0faaa696

I think the 4 that do not have the tinted glass have a bedroom where the bathroom is in the other 8. Here is are some pics I found on another thread.

5270_642029945814202_1677453369_n.jpg

308643_642029865814210_1551004083_n.jpg

215257_642029992480864_84161826_n.jpg

The rest of the cabin looks exactly the same

WOW

Great detective work. If this is true, you made a big discovery and some will be changing their cabins. So the choice is do you want a window in the bedroom or bathroom?

WOW

Great detective work. If this is true, you made a big discovery and some will be changing their cabins. So the choice is do you want a window in the bedroom or bathroom?

Yes, interesting. I had noticed the difference in those windows previously, but never made the connection as to a different layout in the cabin.

I prefer the windows in the bathroom, as we apparently have on deck 9. Though I like the amount of space around the bed in the other photo. The photo which shows the very narrow space next to one side of the bed... is that a port or starboard side cabin? (So I'll know if it's me or Cheryl who will have to navigate that channel at night!)

Tom

has anyone seen any tv coverage of the breakaway on "local" nyc based news? Either this is not as important as governor christie's weight or i have missed it.

lol!

Please don't close this thread. That will result in me having to go to rehab, since I am totally addicted to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I don't think anyone is planning on closing it, but it is just getting a lot less action now than before. I think once reviews start coming out it might be the end of the site.

Has anyone seen any TV coverage of the Breakaway on "local" NYC based news? Either this is not as important as Governor Christie's weight or I have missed it.

Nothing! The early news (pre national GMA/Today) shows had nothing. I have GMA on one feed and Today on the other and no mention at all. Just really really horrible singer on GMA.

Kevin Sheehan is ringing the opening bell at Nasdaq so I have cnbc on to see if they show them, but I've seen nothing. I'm quite surprised with the whole NY feel - there's nothing anywhere. I'm hoping there will be christening footage either tonight or tomorrow morning. ABC has news at 4 which does have a lot of "fluff", so maybe a mention there?

Yes, interesting. I had noticed the difference in those windows previously, but never made the connection as to a different layout in the cabin.

I prefer the windows in the bathroom, as we apparently have on deck 9. Though I like the amount of space around the bed in the other photo. The photo which shows the very narrow space next to one side of the bed... is that a port or starboard side cabin? (So I'll know if it's me or Cheryl who will have to navigate that channel at night!)

Tom

I believe its the port side

FYI when making the reservations on the phone or web you will be charged the adult price. Since young children are half price you should be refunded on the ship. I hesitated to book because of being charged the adult price. Then wasn't able to book ocean blue once I called days later.

Thanks so much!

I rather book it and secure the reservation and pay the full price then having to try to do it once on board. I'll have them refund the money once we get on the ship.

Thanks SO much! Hoping to book Blue too but only for the adults.

Thanks again!

Nothing! The early news (pre national GMA/Today) shows had nothing. I have GMA on one feed and Today on the other and no mention at all. Just really really horrible singer on GMA.

Kevin Sheehan is ringing the opening bell at Nasdaq so I have cnbc on to see if they show them, but I've seen nothing. I'm quite surprised with the whole NY feel - there's nothing anywhere. I'm hoping there will be christening footage either tonight or tomorrow morning. ABC has news at 4 which does have a lot of "fluff", so maybe a mention there?

I know my husband saw it on the local news this morning (maybe PIX 11) talking about Bloomberg christening her and a friend at work told me she saw it on the news as well!

I know my husband saw it on the local news this morning (maybe PIX 11) talking about Bloomberg christening her and a friend at work told me she saw it on the news as well!

If Bloomberg is christening her I am cancelling by trip and getting my money back. Maybe this is why you have to pay for soda re-fills on the ship. :)

Someone posted a picture of the 12310 balcony, B1:

8719228398_971f62618d_b.jpg

Great Pic. I need a picture of a large balcony stateroom. I hope it is the same size as this at least. I wanted to switch to an Aft, but it only holds three and I have four.

If Bloomberg is christening her I am cancelling by trip and getting my money back. Maybe this is why you have to pay for soda re-fills on the ship. :)

hahahahahahahaaaaaa! Funny as well as sad at the same time!

Go Big Gulps LOL

Archived