Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Yeah guess they have to get her out of there - all those pieces of the Getaway are just sitting there waiting for room in which to be assembled! Kind of a "you don't have to go home, but you gotta get the heck out of here" situation for Breakaway. You can see there is still loads of non-structural work yet to be done with her though; all the balcony dividers have to be put in, including the ones on the huge M6 mini-suite balconies towards the front of the ship (which is what we have booked for 5/19). And not to mention all the interior stuff, which will at least take a couple of more months to finish.

Love the crew place in the front of the ship. No longer do they just get a small pool and have to sit in the sun. It looks like they added cabanas and a nice place to get out of the sun. Nice!

What exactly are you looking at when you say this?

Has anyone been able to tell from the many photos posted here or from any inside knowledge that they have what the layout of the owner's suite cabins on the breakaway/getaway may be?

It looks like a long and relatively narrow cabin on the deck layouts. Unfortunately, NCL tends to put the view in the bathroom in a multi room cabin like this. You don't that they'd possibly do that on an OS, do you?

I can't find an OS on any other ship that doesn't have a view from both the living area and bedroom, but also every one of them seem wider than these two do.

Thoughts?

Has anyone been able to tell from the many photos posted here or from any inside knowledge that they have what the layout of the owner's suite cabins on the breakaway/getaway may be?

It looks like a long and relatively narrow cabin on the deck layouts. Unfortunately, NCL tends to put the view in the bathroom in a multi room cabin like this. You don't that they'd possibly do that on an OS, do you?

I can't find an OS on any other ship that doesn't have a view from both the living area and bedroom, but also every one of them seem wider than these two do.

Thoughts?

They remain a mystery. Only renderings so far are for the DOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Im confused .. The picture does not show that many aft balconies .

What am I missing..:confused:

Category S6 - The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony

Decks: Deck 9, Deck 10, Deck 11, Deck 12, Deck 13, Deck 14

Occupancy: Sleeps 4 guests

Description: The Haven Penthouse Suites offer dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows that provide an ever-changing seascape view. They include king-size bed with pillow-top mattress and fine linens, and private bathroom. There is a separate dining room and living room with additional sofa bed, as well as an extra-spacious wrap-around balcony. These suites are located in The Haven - a ship-within-a-ship reserved exclusively for Norwegian's special guests. Amenities include the expert services of a concierge and 24-hour butlers, and a secluded Courtyard where you can spend your sea days relaxing, dining and enjoying exquisite privacy.

Square Footage: 548 sq ft

I have a quick (maybe foolish) question. If we are supposed to dock at Heritage Wharf in Bermuda, why does my itinerary show Kings Wharf? Do they just list King's Wharf as a stardard thing?

Probably. They are the same thing - one end is called King's Wharf. The other end of the pier is Heritage Wharf.

You can see there is still loads of non-structural work yet to be done with her though...And not to mention all the interior stuff, which will at least take a couple of more months to finish.

There's not that much time between the ships final departure from Papenburg until her arrival in Rotterdam, or around 6-7 weeks.

Most of the interior, and especially the exterior work, will be done before she leaves the shipyard in early March (around the 8th-10th?) to head downriver on her conveyance, which is a HUGE high profile and high visibility public relations event.

Outfitting of soft furnishings and heavier public room furnishings will be completed at Eemshaven after sea trials, before NCL takes delivery of her, and before she leaves (April 25th?) for Rotterdam to arrive on April 26th.

Thanks again for all of the information about how this miracle of building a ship this size happens!!! Can't wait to see the interior pictures....and I hope some of you wonderful people will share pictures of your aft suites...and all other amazing cabins....with those of us who are balcony cabin folks....I am fine with my cabin...but I love to see what else is out there....so when I hit the lottery....:D....I'll know what I am getting!!!! Again...THANKS!!! This is awesome!

Thanks again for all of the information about how this miracle of building a ship this size happens!!! Can't wait to see the interior pictures....and I hope some of you wonderful people will share pictures of your aft suites...and all other amazing cabins....with those of us who are balcony cabin folks....I am fine with my cabin...but I love to see what else is out there....so when I hit the lottery....:D....I'll know what I am getting!!!! Again...THANKS!!! This is awesome!

Pumped!! But I will say, now that the float-out is within sight, I have officially decided that once interior photos start to emerge, I am going to go into a Breakaway/Cruise Critic blackout. We're sailing on 5/19, and for once I want to wait to be completely surprised by the actual interiors of the ship on the day we board. Not often that one gets a chance to do that these days, so I'm going to make the most of it! :D

Pumped!! But I will say, now that the float-out is within sight, I have officially decided that once interior photos start to emerge, I am going to go into a Breakaway/Cruise Critic blackout. We're sailing on 5/19, and for once I want to wait to be completely surprised by the actual interiors of the ship on the day we board. Not often that one gets a chance to do that these days, so I'm going to make the most of it! :D

Wow...I am not sure that I could do that...I am drooling for interior pictures....BUT...I will be most impressed.....and give big respect for being able to pull that off!!!! Good luck...and bring back pics for those of us too weak to join you in the blackout!!!!

Wow...I am not sure that I could do that...I am drooling for interior pictures....BUT...I will be most impressed.....and give big respect for being able to pull that off!!!! Good luck...and bring back pics for those of us too weak to join you in the blackout!!!!

Yeah, it is true, gonna take a lot of self control to pull that off. But the way I look at it, the real interior photos shouldn't come streaming in until late April/early May when the first official passengers are onboard (or very likely, not until they have disembarked and had a chance to upload photos). So really, I'll only have maybe 2-3 weeks of avoiding photos once they've hit the internet. Now if we were doing a June or July sailing, that would be a different story, LOL, and I wouldn't even bother trying to avoid the pictures. Of course, NCL will probably throw out a few teaser photos on the "Building Breakaway" blog between now and then, and maybe I check a few of those out, but after that I'm cutting it off! Either way should be a phenomenal ship, can't wait 'til May! :cool:

Oh, and by the way I should, and have been meaning to mention, I'm very glad to have gambee on my cruise, takes a lot of pressure off of me (being a photographer) that not only will I have a top-notch photo-reviewer covering this ship, he'll actually be on our very sailing! Sure saves me from having to drag along my $10K worth of Canon DSLR camera gear, which I was actually considering at one point seeing as how this was a new ship and could get some never-before-seen photos. Very much looking forward to his anticipated coverage of the ship! :)

I am amazed how complex a cruise ship is, how it can be put together in pieces, how it can be done on time (assuming it works as planned), and done on budget, etc.

This contrasts with ... .

Way to go NCL and the shipyard!

And way to go CC, I've learned a lot.

Yeah, it is true, gonna take a lot of self control to pull that off. But the way I look at it, the real interior photos shouldn't come streaming in until late April/early May when the first official passengers are onboard (or very likely, not until they have disembarked and had a chance to upload photos).

I would expect to see pictures well before that. The shipyard and NCL often open the Ems River conveyance up to travel agents (even Cruise Critic moderators and managers have been on them), shipyard VIP's, and media reps. It's not uncommon to even see some interior pictures of the ship just prior to the conveyance, and especially if Andrea Depping gets a permit for interior access.

I would expect to see pictures well before that. The shipyard and NCL often open the Ems River conveyance up to travel agents (even Cruise Critic moderators and managers have been on them), shipyard VIP's, and media reps. It's not uncommon to see even some interior pictures of the ship prior just to the conveyance, and especially if Andrea Depping gets a permit for interior access.

Fair enough, I don't doubt this either. So if nothing else, this means I'll just have to be on my toes that much more in order avoid seeing the interior shots, but either way shouldn't be problem. Well worth it in my opinion for this very unique, sparkling ship ;)

So far Andreas has not gotten the clearance yet. Hopefully he manages to get it. He did say that he would most likely try to make it for float out :)

I don't think he's ever missed one! :D I'm sure he's just excited as we are since this is a new class of ship. I can't imagine him not being the first to post pictures of Norwegian Breakaway emerging from the builders hall.

So far Andreas has not gotten the clearance yet. Hopefully he manages to get it. He did say that he would most likely try to make it for float out :)

Yes, because after all, one must have special clearance to be allowed inside the "delivery room" area, lol ;)

I admire your determination to the cc blackout, as much as I liked to say that I would do the same, I am sure I won't. I'll be the first one here checking for updates :D.

I guess I'll see you aboard ;)

Archived