Cleaning out the closet!

EithneMay

I just spent the morning cleaning out the closet(s) and dresser, and I had two large bags to donate and two for the trash. While sorting, I loved finding all of my "cruise" clothes.

Does anyone else find themselves shopping throughout the year and thinking, "That will be perfect for the cruise!"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just spent the morning cleaning out the closet(s) and dresser, and I had two large bags to donate and two for the trash. While sorting, I loved finding all of my "cruise" clothes.

Does anyone else find themselves shopping throughout the year and thinking, "That will be perfect for the cruise!"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shop everyday. I have a 120 days world cruise coming up in four months, and 119 days world cruise Jan-2014. The UPS & Fedex men know me by name and wave at me when see driving around town.

Happy shopping :).

M

PS. You can donate your dresses to CC. I do it all the time.

I shop everyday. I have a 120 days world cruise coming up in four months, and 119 days world cruise Jan-2014. The UPS & Fedex men know me by name and wave at me when see driving around town.

Happy shopping :).

M

PS. You can donate your dresses to CC. I do it all the time.

wow

A few years ago I cleaned out the closet and sent so many "cruise clothes" to Goodwill it made me ill to think of all the money I'd wasted on things worn once or twice. Since we only cruise maybe 1-2 times per year, after a while I just don't care for the things I bought that were tropical.

Now I will buy clothes I think travel well, but no longer buy clothes that I won't wear at home as well. My second job I have to dress nicely so I have a good selection of dressy casual clothing.

The only exception to the rule had been cocktail dresses for formal nights. I have some never even worn with tags still on them and I reasoned that they were so cheap on sale, it was fine. My shopping mantra now is "if you don't love it, don't buy it, even on sale". $10 wasted on something never worn or only worn once or twice is $10 I could have put towards clothing I need throughout the year.

However, our next 2 cruises we aren't having formal nights (one short cruise) and the next one we've already decided to go to the specialty restaurants on formal nights and just not pack formal clothes. I'll see how I fare with that choice. I'm always surprised at what people interpret as "formal" and since I like to dress well, I don't think I'll stand out all that much. We go to dinner, take a walk and go back to the cabin, we're not into shows or discos any longer so I doubt I'll offend anyone.

It's not as fun a shopping and spending a wad of cash on cruise clothes, but I've survived!

I find myself thinking about how garments will travel, definitely, whenever I shop. I spent the past 6 years living in Houston, Texas and the climate is very similar to where we would be cruising so I don't necessarily need to purchase clothes JUST for cruising...my lifestyle happens to be very similar in needs to what I need for a typical cruise...so whenever I purchase clothing...how well it travels always factors into the purchase decision.

Archived