Grandeur of The Seas 9 night Mediterranean Picture Review!

Service at dinner was really good and so was the food!

Tonight was 70’s night in the centrum! There was singing, dancing and Rico du Breil our cruise director and his staff dressed up as the village people! (Rico with the cowboy’s hat)

ygfchjkg.jpg

dgfh.jpg

We left m+d for the teen club! Tonight we played shuffleboard with a Canadian before we played capture the flag! This lasted the whole night which was fun! We arrived back at the cabin a little late tonight, so m+d were sleeping! We crawled into bed and were looking forward to tomorrow at sea!

Great review Stewart, like you we were on the Grandeur last July, we will be back on her again in 3 weeks. Looking forward to seeing the changes and the rest of your excellent review.

Another Stuart from Edinburgh, albeit a different spelling and considerably older :)

Great review Stewart, like you we were on the Grandeur last July, we will be back on her again in 3 weeks. Looking forward to seeing the changes and the rest of your excellent review.

Another Stuart from Edinburgh, albeit a different spelling and considerably older :)

Thank You! Yo will love the Grandeur now! We were on the 24th of July Italian Med sailing last year!

This morning we woke up to a very windy morning at sea! We went to the MDR for breakfast which was great AGAIN! Then my Mum and Dad went to watch Captain Espen and the Hotel Director do a cooking demonstration. They kept going on and on about how funny it was! I think they made a cherry cake sort of thing. I played table tennis with my friends while everyone else done their own thing. I met with Mum around 12pm and we went for a Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream. It was delicious! We then proceeded to the pool deck and we saw Callum participating in the pool games extravaganza. It was actually really funny! The two teams had to put on a t-shirt, Do one length of the pool, eat a cracker, blow up a balloon, hug each other to burst the balloon and then swap the t-shirt over! It was great fun to watch! I had some lunch with my friends in the windjammer. We had a hot dog and fries with piles of desserts!

dxfg.png

Soon after slothing around the ship I played Royal Bingo with my mum! It was real good fun! We came so close to winning $320 but knowing our luck! After bingo we went back to get showered and changed in the cabin. We were passing through the Messina Straights when we arrived back. Sea planes were guiding us through which was amazing!

Formal night tonight :( When it was dinner we were rocking and rolling as we entered the Med! It was great! Tonight I went to the teen club and we watched Joyful Noise on the movie screen tonight. We got cookies and cakes and then we settled in our sun beds.

ae.jpg

uiol.jpg

Hi, Ejoying your review. Will be on the Grandeur for TA in Nov of this year. Looking forward to hear about the ship and activities.Was a little concerned about sailing on this ship because of her age. Looking forward to hearing more .

This morning we awoke to the sights of Naples. We went to the WJ for breakfast which was really really busy. There were 3 other ships in Naples today: Norwegian Epic (the 3rd biggest cruise ship in the world!) Thomson Dream and the Sovereign (formerly the Sovereign of the Seas) joined later in the morning. We then proceeded to the Palladium Theatre to join our tour. We had originally booked the Pompei trip but my mum had decided it would be too hot and busy. My family do not cope well in the heat!

We kicked off our Italian adventure by a 2 hour bus trip to Sorrento! A very lazy way to start! We passed by Vesuvious and the Pompei Ruins. A lot of fascinating information was given to us by our tour guide.

cruise258.jpg

cruise257.jpg

On our way there we stopped by a photo oppurtunity lay by. It was beautiful.

cruise288.jpg

cruise292.jpg

We passed by Captain Schettino's house. Captain Schettino being the captain of the Costa Concordia when it sank. When the bus parked we seen a pizza making machine!

7707379674_ce71937210_z.jpg

We then walked to a Royal Caribbean approved shop :(

It was a shop based on wood. There were chess boards and tables and trays. The shop was nice but it was just a time filler. I forgot to take a photo :eek:

We then went to a bar right next to it. I stupidly forgot the name! We recieved coupons for a free gelato on the bus so thats why we came! The gelato was AMAZING! We got free coffees and cakes aswell!

We then took a walk down to a cliff edge.

cruise307.jpg

We got some photos and then walked to a busy where we got some souvenirs. Ot started to get very hot! I was glad it was time to meet with the bus to go back to the ship!

Hi, Ejoying your review. Will be on the Grandeur for TA in Nov of this year. Looking forward to hear about the ship and activities.Was a little concerned about sailing on this ship because of her age. Looking forward to hearing more .

You shouldn't be concerned at all! The activities and amenities on board are great! Theres still more on all that to come!

I am enjoying your review immensely.

I CANNOT BELIEVE that you are 14. You write better than 80% of my high school students and 95% of the adults that I know! :)

Can't wait to see more pictures of the changes on the Grandeur; after her European season she will be based at a port near me.

I am enjoying your review immensely.

I CANNOT BELIEVE that you are 14. You write better than 80% of my high school students and 95% of the adults that I know! :)

Can't wait to see more pictures of the changes on the Grandeur; after her European season she will be based at a port near me.

Thank you very much!

It's quite hard this review writing but I will keep at it!

When we arrived back at the ship we were herded into the cruise terminal shopping mall. We decided to come back later so we went back to the ship. We went back to park cafe for todays lunch aswell. I got my 50th frozen yoghurt of the cruise which was very nice! My dad was too tired after lunch to go back to the cruise terminal so it was just mum, callum and me!

0_54313_c2ea45ac_L.jpg[/img]

Not my picture but you get the idea!

We shopped and shopped and shopped! I bought a few keyrings and a vespa bag!

Mum was then approached by two young women with leaflets. They were smiling a bit too much, I had my eyes on my mum's bag. "Would you like to model our new glasses for our magazine?"

My mum politely declined and whilst we walked away we were all laughing at the strangeness of this request! We hurried back on board as the mall was getting rather busy. Myself and Callum went to top deck to play ping-pong! It was great fun. Our friend came over and we had a mini tournament! We then met up with another friend from Scotland and we walked around the ship having a lot of fun!

Before we knew it was time for dinner and sail away!

Here is a picture of the Epic before sail away:

cruise350.jpg

Dinner was a not as good tonight due to the service.

Well done to you. As an Edinburgh lady ex Boroughmuir 1960s very proud of your reporting. We were on Grandeur last year and back again this coming Sunday. See your parent has been on the Uganda. That was not yesterday!!!!! Keep going you are doing a brilliant report

Well done to you. As an Edinburgh lady ex Boroughmuir 1960s very proud of your reporting. We were on Grandeur last year and back again this coming Sunday. See your parent has been on the Uganda. That was not yesterday!!!!! Keep going you are doing a brilliant report

Thank You!

It was some sort of a school cruise. I like to read her diary from it!

Dinner

Tonight we were sat in a different part of the MDR as we booked our MTD later at 7:45. Tonight the service wasn't as good. The staff just seemed rushed of their feet. It took us a while to get served. Tonight nothing on menu impressed me so I opted for just a hot dog! Soon after I ordered I was told they didn't have a hot dog in the dining room so I ordered a burger. I was just about finished my main when the head waitor was wandering around with a plate frowning and talking to our waiter. He then came over and put his hand on my shoulder. He said " I've been up to the WJ to make your hot dog sir." He then placed a nice big juicy hot dog infront of me! Who was I to say no to that! After a strange dinner I went to meet my friends, as it was white party night we hung around top deck to watch it all! It was great fun in the end! Off to bed around 11:00pm tonight. Tomorrow was the ice cream tasting tour - couldn't wait - had been dreaming of this for weeks!cruise368.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

What a lovely surprise to find a review written by a young man. Well done you! I have saved this to my favourites, to show my DS who is 14. I'm trying to persuade him tat RCL will be just as much fun as Disney. Do you have any photo's taken in the teen club that you could post?

Archived