Norwegian Dawn or Liberty of the Seas

Sparkygirl

We are trying to plan a family vacation as co-parenting parents. Traveling will be three children (3, 11 and 13) and four adults.

We originally were looking at taking a 7 day cruise to Bermuda from Baltimore but littlest one will only be 2 years old. The cost of the Baltimore Cruise on Grandeur of the Seas is the same once we add in airfare to FLL or Tampa.

Trying to decide between the Norwegian Dawn 7 day western carribean: Rotan, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cozumel or the Liberty of the Seas 5 day to Belize and Cozumel. With airfare the two cruises are within $200 of each other for the same cabin type and same number of people.

Does RCCL have freestyle dining? Because we are a co-parenting family the number of people at any one meal may change. DH and I may go have a date night while his ex and her husband have the two shared children plus our daughter. Or vice versa while we have the kids she and her husband may go on a date night.

RCI has My Time Dining....very similar to "freestyle", in that you can go whenever and sit with whomever you like. Everyone needs to be signed up for MTD, if that's your choice...you can't switch between the traditional and MTD options.

I don't know what the min. age for the kids club is on NCL...on RCI, it's 3 years old.

I would go with the 7 nighter, all other things being equal!!!!

Archived