Ziplining. Mayan Canopy at Bodden's OR South Shore Zipline?

chadsjewel

We are taking the private tour with Victor Bodden's company and want to go ziplining first thing. We had decided to just do Bodden's (it is our first ziplining experience) but I see many good reviews for South Shore.

Which would YOU choose? Mayan Canopy at Bodden's OR South Shore Zipline? Its just my husband and I on the tour, with no children.

TIA!

We are taking the private tour with Victor Bodden's company and want to go ziplining first thing. We had decided to just do Bodden's (it is our first ziplining experience) but I see many good reviews for South Shore.

Which would YOU choose? Mayan Canopy at Bodden's OR South Shore Zipline? Its just my husband and I on the tour, with no children.

TIA!

I'm curious on this too. I have a Bodden tour booked and 5 of my group wants to zipline. I figured it was just easier to go with Bodden so the other 2 can just hang with the monkeys while they wait.

Bodden comes highly recommended on here, however, we had a lot of fun ziplining and seeing the animals, but we had a safety issue with the way things were ran the day we were there and my daughter was bitten by one of the monkeys. There didn't seem to be any concern for these instances and they pretty much went on about their business like nothing had happened. :(

Here's my review from the day we were there:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30662590&postcount=23

Our last trip to Roatan we hired a driver for the day and he took us to South Shore. It was the best, I lost count on the number of zip lines. I thought it would be a fast trip, but I was surprised seemed to go on forever!:) The guides were so nice and helped those in our group that needed it. I'm going back in December and taking my boys there. Loved it!

Our last trip to Roatan we hired a driver for the day and he took us to South Shore. It was the best, I lost count on the number of zip lines. I thought it would be a fast trip, but I was surprised seemed to go on forever!:) The guides were so nice and helped those in our group that needed it. I'm going back in December and taking my boys there. Loved it!

Do you remember if you just picked a cab and driver at the dock or did you prebook? Just curious, as we are going back in Jan . and previously did the Pirates of the Carib. and thought it good, put passed the South Shore one on the way to West Beach, and it looked VERY interesting. Was this a hands free setup on the zipline or did you have to control the brake on the line? Also did you actually see the beach from the canopy? Would love to do pics. since we practiced last yr. Injoy in Dec.

Yes there are ocean views on the zip line. You are given gloves to help slow yourself down and the guides also help catch you. They will tell you to slow down so you don't have to try to determine. I was a little afraid of doing this, but the gloves do the work and your hand don't feel it.

I book a tour with Ronystours.com and Rony was our driver! I emailed him late in the evening and by 7:30 am the next morning he called me. He stayed in touch up to the time of our sailing and made our trip awesome. I would recommend him to anyone.

I highly recommend Ronystours dot com. We've been to Roatan and toured with him 4 times. He and his drivers are the best. They do everything to make sure you have a great day. We love South Shore Canopy. Rony can drop off those who want to zip and take others to the beach. Then pick up those who zip and meet the others at the beach. They are closeby and it's great to have a driver for the day. You will have an awesome day with Rony!

I highly recommend Ronystours dot com. We've been to Roatan and toured with him 4 times. He and his drivers are the best. They do everything to make sure you have a great day. We love South Shore Canopy. Rony can drop off those who want to zip and take others to the beach. Then pick up those who zip and meet the others at the beach. They are closeby and it's great to have a driver for the day. You will have an awesome day with Rony!

Totally agree Rony is the best! South Shore as well! Booking with Rony and the South Shore you will not be disappointed.

Archived