New York Sail In

Live4cruises

Our upcoming cruise ends in New York, and we would really like to see the sail in for skyline and Statue of Liberty views. Does anyone have a feel for how early we'd need to get up to accomplish this? 5:00 a.m. is manageable; 3:00 a.m. not so much! :eek:

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Our upcoming cruise ends in New York, and we would really like to see the sail in for skyline and Statue of Liberty views. Does anyone have a feel for how early we'd need to get up to accomplish this? 5:00 a.m. is manageable; 3:00 a.m. not so much! :eek:

Your best bet is to ask some of the staff. Usually between 5:30-6:00 a.m. most ships are either close of under the Verrezano. This was the Carnival Glory this morning at about 6:00 A.M.

620415_472036389486844_947231079_o.jpg

Yesterday, the Veendam passed the bridge about 5:45am. I think the Eurodam may need a bit more time to manoeuver into the dock. I've never sailed HAL into New York but I know on both Crystal and Cunard the Captain will give a pretty detailed schedule of when they pass the sights in their final daily update. I expect HAL will do the same, but if they don't then you should ask the staff.

Roy

A few landmarks for Carnival Glory today from marinetraffic.com

Verizzano bridge: 5:35

Statue of Liberty: 5:58

Ellis Island 6:00

Battery Park: 6:02

Hoboken (I think this is where the big clock is): 6:19

Dock: 6:36

So roughly 1 hour Bridge to port

Roy

Thank you all, very helpful!

After all this planning, I can't believe we are so close.

BTW, my TA is leading a group on this cruise. If you happen to encounter a travel agent from Maryland named Linda, say hi to her for me.

Roy

The exact times will be in the daily brochure you get in your cabin.

Figure on picking up the pilot around 345 ...VB 430..SL soon after.

More important

Starboard side to see Skyline unless you want to see Jersey City

Port side for Statue though

If you are on the Eurodam from Amsterdam to New Amsterdam Ill be out there offering gratis local knowledge of my Big Apple home town

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

try not to miss it, no matter the time. it is a specatular sight.

Or do what I did on the QM2: stay up all night! It was a 4 day cruise to Saint John, NB so tried to do everything. By the time we shut down the Commodore Club it wasn't worth sleeping for 2 or 3 hours. It did help that we live in Brooklyn and were home within 10 minutes of getting off the ship and I was in bed withing perhaps another 10 minutes. :) It was worthwhile.

Just checked my photos from our May cruise and we sailed by Lady Liberty at 6:21 and the Freedom Tower at 6:29 (imprinted on the photos). It was daylight then so the photos are great...now it might be darkish, but even so, still a sight to behold!

Archived