Hyatt Place or Hyatt Regency Pier 66???

Let'sGo!

I totally agree with Heather. This is a great hotel. I stayed here in Sept after my Allure cruise and really liked it. Free wi-fi in the rooms, free breakfast that had some cooked food, free shuttle to the airport and within a few miles of the hotel ( but not the port). All the rooms have been renovated and mine was very nice. Reception staff were excellent. I walked to the beach to watch Allure sail away that afternoon - about a 30 minute walk.

Personally, I prefer this Hotel to the Hilton further down the road. Both are nice hotels but Hilton did not provide me with the free items listed above.

I just used Priceline today and am staying at the Hyatt again in December after another cruise.

Andrew

We stayed there in 2011 and 2012, Have booked them for 2013 also. Have always been very satisfied there and treated exceptionally well. This is a good choice, don't fret at all. By the way the shuttle from the airport is free but to the port is $7 pp now.

I booked this one on Hotwire I have stayed here before and had problems witrh Mildew smell Is that taken care of? I was told hotel was renovated and problem solved ...is it?

I hope so staying there precruise in Jan

Michele

Which one?

We stayed at Hyatt Place North in October 2011 and will never stay there again. My daughter's room had ants crawling on her sheets. They did move her to another room, but we heard next morning that someone else had the same problem on a different floor. It is close to restaurants and the port, but I would rather pay more and maybe not be so close to the port and get a hotel room that wouldn't keep me up all night checking for insects.

Elaine

I totally agree with Heather. This is a great hotel. I stayed here in Sept after my Allure cruise and really liked it. Free wi-fi in the rooms, free breakfast that had some cooked food, free shuttle to the airport and within a few miles of the hotel ( but not the port). All the rooms have been renovated and mine was very nice. Reception staff were excellent. I walked to the beach to watch Allure sail away that afternoon - about a 30 minute walk.

Personally, I prefer this Hotel to the Hilton further down the road. Both are nice hotels but Hilton did not provide me with the free items listed above.

I just used Priceline today and am staying at the Hyatt again in December after another cruise.

Andrew

I have been trying priceline and hotwire does not show this for the date I need. Nov 17. an ou tell me about your bidding and what you won it doe? thanks

Which one?

Its the one near 17 street 8i believe they call it North

LORD NOW i have to worry about ants???

The mildew smell was really bad ..my sinuses swelled up so badly I could not breathe ...I was told the place was renovated and no more problems ....so who has been recently??

is it really better???I got it on Hotwire so cancelling might be difficult

Edited by mmemichele

Hyatt Place North has old-fashioned "stuck in the wall" a/c units that are quite noisy and blow air right over the King Bed. Breakfast also is extremely simple, cereal and rolls on styrofoam.

Much prefer the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. Yes by itself but incredible views of the ports, great rooms, in a beautifully tropical landscaped setting.

When you stay at the Hyatt Place North you feel like you are staying in Cleveland.

Worldspan

131 cruises strong

I stayed in the Hyatt Place back in 2007, right behind the Renaissance and the Outback Restaurant on 10th Ave., you cant compare it to The Hyatt Pier 66. The Hyatt Place is back in a hole, actually thanks to that hotel the last 4 years I've stayed over on the beach.

The rooms were fine everything else didnt do a whole lot for me, and I'll leave it at that. The Hyatt Place was on Hotwire last week for $59 a nite over Thanksgiving weekend the weekend Im cruising, I chose the Westin on the beach for just a bit more, completely different atmosphere.

I loved the trolley service for $1 over to the beach but Im not staying over near the port anymore too many other great places to stay near the beach for just a little more $$$. Hope that helps Todd

• 1 year later...
I booked this one on Hotwire I have stayed here before and had problems witrh Mildew smell Is that taken care of? I was told hotel was renovated and problem solved ...is it?

I hope so staying there precruise in Jan

Michele

Yes the problem was solved .windows will no longer open .Comfy hotel but be orepared to lug your luggage to your room also not too many trolleys available ..i neede toget all 4 bags in myself while a manheld the door for me ...wehelped each other out with our 6 bags but it was ok

Big rooms ...breakfastas of 6:30 tight for early departures for precruise or post cruise fine choice