Help - Brand new cruiser here with a question

CarenM

We have always done our vacationing at Walt Disney World - I am ready to try something new with my hubby and 2 kids ( 10 and 8)

We are going to go Nov 2013 from Galveston to Cozumel for our first cruise.

I am undecided on a room and want to know what you would pick

A category 4J ( inside with a view of a walkway or something or other). In this category we would get 2 rooms side by side. Right now we have 6203 and 6201 on hold. I figured at this price I could stay with one kid in one room or and my husband can stay with the other kid in the other room.

Or, we can do a regular inside cabin with connecting rooms.

Or, we can do ONE balcony room.

All for about the same price

I love to have some space and I think it would be beneficial to have 2 toilets and 2 showers.

On the other hand I am claustrophobic so having a balcony would be great.

Also, with a balcony we can have fresh air with keeping the doors open.

I am stuck on this decision.

What would YOU recommend to a first timer?

We have always done our vacationing at Walt Disney World - I am ready to try something new with my hubby and 2 kids ( 10 and 8)

A category 4J ( inside with a view of a walkway or something or other). In this category we would get 2 rooms side by side. Right now we have 6203 and 6201 on hold. I figured at this price I could stay with one kid in one room or and my husband can stay with the other kid in the other room.

I love to have some space and I think it would be beneficial to have 2 toilets and 2 showers.

For what it's worth - I've done the adjoining rooms with DH and 2 daughters- second bathroom and extra space were WELL worth getting 2 rooms. I personally think 4 in a room (even balcony is very cramped)

If you do not mind all of you in one room go for the balcony. Roomy and you will always have light. Of course we do not mind inside cabins. We like inside because we sleep better in the dark and are hardly in our room. But we are doing a balcony next year to see how we like them.

While I love a balcony, if I were going with my kids I would probably do the connecting rooms, so that they can stay in one and you and your hubby in the other. Have the door open for most of the time, but still have some privacy when desired! Which ever you choose it will be a blast!

If and i do mean IF I had children on a cruise I would book one Balcony room for me and one inside room for hubby. One parent one kid and One inside and one outside. Get one room across the hall or close to it. Works really really well.

If on the other hand you are the children then may I suggest one inside and one outside and one (on another ship) Just kidding :)

if and i do mean if i had children on a cruise i would book one balcony room for me and one inside room for hubby. One parent one kid and one inside and one outside. Get one room across the hall or close to it. Works really really well.

If on the other hand you are the children then may i suggest one inside and one outside and one (on another ship) just kidding :)

lol

If its the Magic or the Triumph, both have balconies that have a sofa bed and a pullman bed over the top. If your kids weren't just 10 and 8, I would have said the 4J cabins. If it's the same pricing, go with the balcony, the layout is better, and you can have breakfast in your jammies while enjoying the view :D

If its the Magic or the Triumph, both have balconies that have a sofa bed and a pullman bed over the top. If your kids weren't just 10 and 8, I would have said the 4J cabins. If it's the same pricing, go with the balcony, the layout is better, and you can have breakfast in your jammies while enjoying the view :D

That sounds tempting

As far as keeping the balcony door open.. either you have no a/c or all of the a/c is going to air condition the outside.. it might sound wounderfull but in reality isnt really practical.

The two 4js sound good to me. You can walk around front of them as if its your own deck and watch the sunset or whatever.

We also have 2 kids and always go with two rooms. The second bathroom is well worth the money! Plus, two TVs...kids can watch what they want.:) If the rooms are connecting, it's a bonus, but not a deal breaker for us if they are not, but our kids are a bit older. You have to decide what you are comfortable with.

The 4Js are right next to the " secret balcony" so you can walk out of your room to an almost private deck very easily. Great for watching sail-a-ways and sunsets. This would be my choice.

I have only been on 1 cruise but had a balcony room. Our friends had an inside. I would never cruise without a balcony but that is just me. We had 4 in the room and was fine. It was me and 3 kids, the oldest being bigger than my hubby is. We did split the beds into two separate twin lowers and two uppers which I think gave us more floor space than if the beds were together. Our friends two kids were often in our room hanging out and had plenty of room with the balcony. The TV channels were worth watching to us. Kids entertained themselves.

I was looking at the deck plans for your ship. This being your first cruise being in the front of the ship you will tend to feel any movement. I would recommend going for connecting Oceanview rooms mid ship. You will have a better first experience. These rooms are lower so you will not feel the movement as much as you would being forward. Not sure what week you are looking at or availabilty but there are lots of connecting rooms.

I'd go with the balcony room for all of you or if not the balcony, the two connecting rooms. I think you should look into a balcony room with an interior across the hall if it's not out of your price-range.

Well, I guess pick which is most important to you and find the cabins that answer those needs :)

I am booked in a 4J and I'm really looking forward to the bit of extra room and the little more privacy that the small front deck area will provide us. I've heard the inside rooms are quieter than the outside ones, which can hear the noise of the door to the deck.

Archived