Tampa Cruise Port and the RNC

AtoZgirl

Hey everyone,

I haven't seen any information shared about the road closures due to the Republican National Convention being help here in Tampa, although I haven't looked really hard :p

I didn't want anyone coming here this weekend or the next leaving out on a cruise to find surprise road blockages and oddly heavy traffic! I know I'd freak if I came down here not knowing anything about all the traffic and road closures/detours.

Here's a great map that shows the road closures and the best route to get to the Tampa Cruise Port:

http://www.tampagov.net/dept_public_affairs/information_resources/rnc/road_closures.asp

Happy sailing:)

Do you think a taxi from TPA will cost more than normal? I think it is usually $20.

It was more than $20 when I was there this spring... I think it ran about $30 from my hotel and about $25 from the airport. give or take a dollar or two.

It must have gone up since you were last there, or they ran up the prices during spring break.

It was more than $20 when I was there this spring... I think it ran about $30 from my hotel and about $25 from the airport. give or take a dollar or two.

It must have gone up since you were last there, or they ran up the prices during spring break.

Doesn't sound too bad, but just wondering if the convention would add more money :)

Wow a potential hurricane, the GOP Convention, and now a two day visit by Joe Biden to campaign in Florida during the convention. Total zoo!

I'll try to post a few pictures on Sunday of the Channelside 'zoo' :D :D

I'll try to post a few pictures on Sunday of the Channelside 'zoo' :D :D

Great because we're sailing on the Paradise on the 30th...never gave the RNC a thought when booking...always sail Labor Day weekend....now have Isaac too...just want to get on board with my Captain...that's Captain Morgan....lol!

Archived