Mariner Status Questions

Shebba

Just yesterday I checked to see what our 'Mariner status' is and it said with one more cruise day, we would be advanced to the next level. Here's my question:

We are booked to cruise from Seattle to Sydney in September. Technically, it is a combination of three cruises (although, also listed as ONE 37 day cruise) Seattle to Vancouver, Vancouver to Sydney, NewZealand 14 day explorer back to Sydney.

Will our status change after that one day trip from Seattle to Vancouver? Or, will our status not change until the entire cruise is completed?

Any experience on this situation? Is there something we should do to see if our status can/will be changed after that first day?

Thanks!!

Technically, you would have to wait until your next cruise to be accorded the new status unless they are separate cruises or part of a Grand Voyage or segment thereof. It may be worth a call to the Mariner Society to see (as you are sooo close) if they will upgrade your status on this cruise.

On the world cruise a lady at our table got 3-star status during the cruise. She was able to get the 3-star Mariner discount on wine packages after she had enough days for 3-star status. Don't know if they made an exception or if it is just on the world cruise.

Leslie

I'm fairly new to some of this. What qualifies as a "grand cruise"?

Thanks for the responses. I think I will give them a call....SOOOOO close!! :)

They are usually advertised in their brochures as Grand Cruises..

Your's might be a grand cruise..So yes you should call the Mariner Society to check it out..

Good Luck..:)Betty

Probably not a Grand Voyage but I would argue that because your cruise is three cruises connected together (even though yours is consider one cruise) why you can't advance after the first segment.

Call the Mariner Society and if you don't get the answer you want call back and talk to someone else. Good Luck:)

I see in your signature that you have been on just two HAL cruises. If that means you would be advancing from 1* to 2*, IMO it really isn't worth pursuing the change very vigorously. For 2* the additional benefits are just

• A complimentary photo of the ship
  • A 10% discount on Holland America Line logo clothing sold in onboard signature shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)
  • A 15% discount on merchandise from www.shophollandamerica.com

We are 2*, advancing to 3*. I think that must be because both cruises we were in the suites. I don't have time to call them today as I'm headed off to work, but I'm going to try Thurs or Friday. Fingers crossed!!

We are 2*, advancing to 3*. I think that must be because both cruises we were in the suites. I don't have time to call them today as I'm headed off to work, but I'm going to try Thurs or Friday. Fingers crossed!!
You are right, on just my last two 7 day cruises I earned 42 days. 7 cruise days, 7 on board spend days and 7 suite bonus days on each 7 day cruise. If you book suites and spend money on the ship, you can earn days quite rapidly.

Archived