Ocean View vs. 4J

mattcj89

We're sailing on Conquest on 9/23 and due to a price drop I have the option to upgrade from an Interior w/ Picture Window (4J) on deck 6 to an Ocean View stateroom. I've only sailed in an Interior before so I'm not sure if I should take the OBC or the upgrade. The thought of having access to a semi private balcony is nice, but the extra space that an OV would offer would be nice also. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

We're sailing on Conquest on 9/23 and due to a price drop I have the option to upgrade from an Interior w/ Picture Window (4J) on deck 6 to an Ocean View stateroom. I've only sailed in an Interior before so I'm not sure if I should take the OBC or the upgrade. The thought of having access to a semi private balcony is nice, but the extra space that an OV would offer would be nice also. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Stay in the 4J and take the OBC.....the 4J is very similar to an OV and the OBC that you'll get is a bonus that you can use to consume several beverages of your choice. Unless there are going to be four people in your cabin, the little bit of extra space you would get from the OV is outweighed by the free drinks, IMHO.

You do not say how much your OBC is, but I am going to assume it is a decent amount.

We have had the 4J many times and love them. Love getting pictures on the enormous deck pulling into ports and out.

I guess you need to ask yourself, how much time do you spend in your cabin? We never felt like our room was too small. Still have the window and access to a great deck.

Good luck with whatever you decide. (I would rather have the extra $ for DOD"S...lol):)

Now I'm confused... I just checked the website to verify, but the prices went back up. The rate that was showing was a VIFP sale. I already turned in the ES form last night and took a screenshot just in case. The price of an OV was the same as a 4J. The 4J had dropped $20 so it wouldn't be much OBC but it is something. Correct me if I'm wrong about ES, this is my second time to book and my first experience with ES. I guess I'll find out for sure in a few days. Thanks for the advise!

Archived