Which ship for Hawaii 2013 and 2014?

Go-Bucks!

I've read that the Golden had a great program of activities for Hawaiian cruises including Elua. But in 2013 and 2014, the Hawaiian cruises will be on the Sapphire, Star, and Grand. Anyone heard if Elua will be on one of these ships? Which ship would you prefer to sail on to Hawaii? :)

I've read that the Golden had a great program of activities for Hawaiian cruises including Elua. But in 2013 and 2014, the Hawaiian cruises will be on the Sapphire, Star, and Grand. Anyone heard if Elua will be on one of these ships? Which ship would you prefer to sail on to Hawaii? :)

There is no news yet. It probably now depends on whether SF or LA is more convenient and do you want a half or full day in Ensenada. All the trips are going to be 15 days so I assume the prices will be about the same. The Star and the Grand are twins except for no Skywalkers on the Grand and some minor atrium differences. This December will be my 4th trip on the Golden and I guess my next will be the Grand out of SF since I live in Northern California.

There is no news yet. It probably now depends on whether SF or LA is more convenient and do you want a half or full day in Ensenada. All the trips are going to be 15 days so I assume the prices will be about the same.

We chose the Sapphire because the dates fit our schedule, but I'm hoping that Elua will be on our cruise. Yes, all the cruises are 15 days and the Princess prices are the same. I'm also glad to leave LA since I've never been there (have been to SF) and we'll be stopping in Vegas on the way to LA.

Aloha Kakou,

This is the beauty of being on vacation and having high speed internet...I actually get to stay current on CC. So, to the question at hand about 2013-14. While there is no official word on which ship we will be on, (we usually will not be extended an offer for the following season until the later part of the Hawaiian season we are working on) in speaking to the home office this summer, it was indicated that in all likelihood, we would be assigned to the Star Princess for 2013-14. The Star will be doing the Hawaiian itinerary "full time", so whichever ship goes "full time" to Hawai'i is the one we have been traditionally assigned to. It will be nice to be on a new ship, as we have been on the Golden since 2008...but since the Star and the Golden are so similar, it should not be too big a deal. I also know that Princess has been making, and will continue to make a concerted effort to have Hawaiian cultural activities and programs onboard each of these ships. So, my feeling is that you can't go wrong with any of the three ships. We of course would love to see as many people as possible come share the aloha with us, but we understand that different departure days and ports are a big factor for a lot of people. As always we are so happy that people have enjoyed sailing with us, and that people have positive things to say about not just us, but the whole Princess Hawai'i experience. We hope to be doing this for many more seasons to come.

A Hui Hou,

Dave Soreff

(of Elua)

Ps:

For Boatingmom...Elua is the name of our group. It is the Hawaiian word for "two"...Leialoha is my wife and we have been performing on board Princess ships since 2005 and assist in running the Hawaiian cultural program on the ship...we also perform Hawaiian and island music for the guests

I chose the Sapphire Princess because the dates worked out the best for me and the ship had the recent drydock.

Aloha Pat,

That is very sweet of you to say! Our contracts last the duration of the season. So, this season, we will get on the Golden in late-September (2012), and will be on board until the last cruise is done, which this season will be early-May (2013)

As far as 2015, that is a very long way off for us...I only know at this point where we will be this season, and that if we are asked back for 2013-14, it would probably be on the Star, as that will be the "full time" Hawai'i ship.

A Hui Hou,

Dave

(of Elua)

Aloha Pat,

That is very sweet of you to say! Our contracts last the duration of the season. So, this season, we will get on the Golden in late-September (2012), and will be on board until the last cruise is done, which this season will be early-May (2013)

As far as 2015, that is a very long way off for us...I only know at this point where we will be this season, and that if we are asked back for 2013-14, it would probably be on the Star, as that will be the "full time" Hawai'i ship.

A Hui Hou,

Dave

(of Elua)

Aloha, lucky us we will be on the Golden March 13th 2013 our 3rd to Hawaii but never when you were on, looking forward to it.

We love cruising on the Golden with the fabulous team of Elua, but this year it worked better for us to book our holiday cruise on the Sapphire which allows us to be home for Christmas, but still sail over the holiday break. We do love the Sapphire and are looking forward to trying this itinerary on a different ship but we will surely miss Elua! Does anyone know if David Cole will be our CD onboard the Sapphire for the New Year's cruise? That would make me very happy!!

I very much prefer the Sapphire for design and overall feel. I have some issues with the early Grand class ships, particularly the fact that only two elevators go down to the MDR. I also like the 4 smaller dining venues on the Sapphire.

Just wanted to ask all wonderful expert cruisers. When is it the best time to take a Hawaii cruise.

I like April because it's less humid for me, but I know others prefer October-ish.

Our 3 cruises have all been in April. We only experienced light rain once, and that was near Hilo.

Pat

it was indicated that in all likelihood, we would be assigned to the Star Princess for 2013-14. The Star will be doing the Hawaiian itinerary "full time", so whichever ship goes "full time" to Hawai'i is the one we have been traditionally assigned to.

Dave,

Thanks so much for the answer to my question! I never expected to hear from "the source." :)

I wish we could sail with you both, but we had a hard time finding the right ship/date/port. The Sapphire won. Best wishes for the start of your new season!

Dave,

Thanks so much for the answer to my question! I never expected to hear from "the source." :)

I wish we could sail with you both, but we had a hard time finding the right ship/date/port. The Sapphire won. Best wishes for the start of your new season!

Aloha,

You are very very welcome...I try to cruise around CC when I can and see if I can be helpful and answer questions about Hawai'i, and in particular the programs on board for Hawaiian culture.

Just because you are not cruising with us for THIS cruise doesn't mean we won't see you down the line. Many people do this cruise every year because they enjoy the mix of the islands and sea days so much. As I said in an earlier post, I don't think you can go wrong with any of our ships.

Malama Pono,

Dave

(of Elua)

Aloha Pat,

Yay! I just booked the April 24th sailing of the Golden (over the Star) because you'll be onboard!

Dave we feel like traders. This year we are going on Sapphire. It was a hard decision, but being home for Christmas and on our way to HI for New Years Eve was too hard to pass up.

Besides, Gil ends up wanting more uke's when he's in your classes (and just how many can we bring home on the plane!), and I'm hoping he'll be happy with the 6 he has.

We appreciate your patience with your very large classes, and you have certainly played a big part in getting him interested in the uke.

We have enjoyed you and your wife so much..I bet the entertainment on the Sapphire can't hold a candle to you guys!

Doris

Aloha,

You are very very welcome...I try to cruise around CC when I can and see if I can be helpful and answer questions about Hawai'i, and in particular the programs on board for Hawaiian culture.

Just because you are not cruising with us for THIS cruise doesn't mean we won't see you down the line. Many people do this cruise every year because they enjoy the mix of the islands and sea days so much. As I said in an earlier post, I don't think you can go wrong with any of our ships.

Malama Pono,

Dave

(of Elua)

Does anyone know if David Cole will be our CD onboard the Sapphire for the New Year's cruise? That would make me very happy!!

I just got off the Sapphire on Aug 25, 2012 & David Cole said he will be going for a 2 months holiday at the end of the month. He will return to the Sapphire to do the Hawaii itinerary afterwards.

I was surprised he was going on holiday so soon because I sailed on the Sapphire to Hawaii with him from Mar 10-24, 2012 & David told us he was going for going on holiday for 2 months at the end of March.

David Cole tells us he sails for 4 months & takes a 2 months holiday.

Archived