2-3 hours in Galveston/Houston post-Magic?

carpeperdiem

There are several places .. but with so little time it would be a waste of money to pay to get in.

Moody Gardens is wonderful .. but it would be a all day thing to be worth going.. so much to see and do.

Maybe wander over to the pier where they have rides and its like a carnival?

Eating lunch alone will take a while of the time you have.

I'd wander down the Seawall. The beach isn't pretty, but it's fun and the people are nice. Moody Gardens is nice, but a little pricey. You could also drive through the historic district and look at the beautiful old buildings.

My friends and sister from NJ came on our last Magic cruise and I took them to Space Center Houston. It's the kind of museum that is not available most anywhere in the country so it's pretty unique. They had a great time and then we took them to Hobby for a 4:30 flight

Shop the strand, find all the post hurr. Ike carved tree stumps in the neighborhood nearby, head out to the sea wall and grab a burger at the Spot or a pizza at New York Pizza or really good Tex Mex at The Original.

That should fill your 2-3 hours and give you time to get to the airport without rushing.

Thanks guys.

Great suggestions.

I did the math on the other thread (see link above) and I don't think we'll have time for more than an hour or so at the Space Center to get to IAH (with car rental return, and traveling with 2 young girls).

I'm gonna print out a bunch of options and hopefully we'll meet some locals on the Magic as well -- this will be a gameday decision upon debarkation.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep 'em coming if you think of anything that's non-touristy.

(for example, if someone asked this in NYC, I'd send them to a very cool playground in Central Park - then a rowboat on the pond, then lunch at the boathouse. These are things that locals would do).

Thanks.

J

Archived