Deck Plans

JimandStan

What is your opinion?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion?

• What is a Deck Plan?
    • There are no bad cabins, who needs a Plan?
    • I might glance at them to get a general idea
    • Deck Plans are Interesting, but I'm not really sure of how to read them
    • Plans are fine, but I need photo's to visualize the layout
    • I love reading the Plans, and refer to them often
    • Deck Plans are THE most important cruise planning tool
    • Deck Plans are my life!

We have the deck plans in hand with cabin requests and a couple of alternates when we request a booking with our TA. We negotiate from there if those cabins are not available.

We like to be familiar with the ship before we go aboard. It was amusing to watch how many people were slightly lost on the Marina. Taking the wrong elevator to reach one of the upper decks, then deciding to cross the ship outside ;)

We like to find a quite spot for our cabin, far from areas of traffic like elevators, lounges, or laundry room.

We were shocked at how quite our PH was on Marina. When the door was closed we seemed alone on the ship.

Always take a look at the deck plan to see what is around the cabins that are available. Unless of course we end up booking a guarantee. Then it's wait and see what we get -THEN it's off to the deck plan!!!

I am a very light sleeper. Prefer to be far away from elevators and etc., prefer to have non-public areas above and below us, and absolutely no connecting door.

These are my hotel rules, too. Hubs can sleep through anything. :rolleyes:

Last summer I cruised the Med. on Ruby Princess & chose an aft suite on a whim after reading countless threads on CC and perusing a few brochures. I was hooked on aft facing suites from day one. My next cruise is in February aboard Riviera and along with my Princess experience and all of Jim&Stan's photos and comments I again am staying in an aft facing suite. I think my expectations are even higher this time but if I am as happy in my Oceania suite as I suspect I'll be, i'll only need a deck plan of a ship in the future to make my choice. Happy cruising,Chris.

We were across the hall from the door to the laundry on Deck 10 on Marina (Cabin 10018), and while I was concerned before we sailed, I actually liked it! We didn't experience much noise at all, and it was sure easy to pop across the hall to see if a machine was open, or if we had a load of laundry in to see if it was nearing completion.

Don,

Went and looked at the site your provide a link to and was not too impressed. I looked at the decks of the Nautica and noted they still showed the photo gallery and also the schematic of the tables in the dining room, Terrace, etc was not correct. Their plan of the cabin decks is the same as Oceania's. They also still show Insignia as an Oceania ship.

I don't see the advantage over the deck plans on the Oceania web site. Perhaps if you join but I see no advantage over Oceania's web site.

Don,

Went and looked at the site your provide a link to and was not too impressed. I looked at the decks of the Nautica and noted they still showed the photo gallery and also the schematic of the tables in the dining room, Terrace, etc was not correct. Their plan of the cabin decks is the same as Oceania's. They also still show Insignia as an Oceania ship.

I don't see the advantage over the deck plans on the Oceania web site. Perhaps if you join but I see no advantage over Oceania's web site.

Personally, I find the size and the clarity to be a HUGE IMPROVEMENT over what is on the Oceania site.

FYI: The layout of the tables in the GDR changes incessantly based on demand, so don't fool yourself that any layout is more up to date than another. :cool:

The tables in the GDR on the R class ships cannot change since there are electrical connections under each table. We have sat at our favorite tables on 11 cruises so far.

We have also never seen the tables change in Toscana, Polo or the Terrace from one cruise to another. I would presume they are set up for optimum seating based on experience.

On the O class they have eliminated the table lamps in the GDR so, I guess, they can move the tables around. However they need to change the computer table assignment program if they move tables on a permanent basis.

We usually use the brochure to look at the cabin decks. Oceania's schematics for the public spaces is not accurate either.

Archived