Network TV while Aboard

johndmoser

My sister-in-law tells my wife that on every Carnival Cruise she takes (probably 3 a year), she gets network TV,either from Tampa or Denver

while cruising...

Why can't Princess do the same?

Hey John, I got your back. I like to watch TV in bed at night any maybe right before an afternoon nap but I guess if there's nothing on then I could read which I really should be doing anyway :p

Who wants Denver or Tampa local programming other than the passengers from these markets? Princess is far more international, sailing to many more regions of the world with a more international passenger mix who could care less about US programming than Carnival. There are plenty of options to get US news onboard: CNN International, HLN, sometimes CNN US, sometimes Fox News, etc. plus you can always go online to get your local news. Personally, I very rarely turn on the TV on a cruise. It's just not a priority. If there's a major international event, it'll be covered by the news stations on the TV.

It would be great if other cruise lines carried network stations. People want the stations for prime time shows and sports and not local Florida news. I suppose that most cruise lines want you out of your room spending money on board. Princess, with two ESPNs, does have better sports coverage than other lines.

Archived